2nds Footscray vs Sandringham Sat 27nd 7pm @WO

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha! Glad you acknowledged this attempt at humour. I grew up in South Gippsland so it was our local. "Mecca" indeed.

I usually get down there to one of the summer race days when we holiday in Venus Bay. I love it. Nothing like a 6 race card with the $1.80 fav getting up in each. Missed out on a $13k quaddie down there once cos I was stuck in the face painting queue with the little bloke....and it was his pick that put the value in at $48

In a day where Honeychurch had 33 disposals & 4 goals, Webb had 36 & 3, McLean had 36 & 1 and Hamilton had 21 & 3, Libba had 24 & 0. Has been a sharp decline. I wonder what's going on there.
2b1ef689c035cadc74c91677cc925b4a

bd1f62a464413608a04c927769f154cf

Both came back the next week and have been weirdly off the mark since.

I hope they just give them a couple of weeks off.

Yeah sorry about that fellas, was going off what my mate said.
Haha all good, but worrying about Libba. 4 tackles isn't that bad, but that he couldn't hit the scoreboard, and was outdone by Webb, McLean, Honeychurch and Hamilton is concerning. Hoping the week off does him some good.

Great numbers posted by McLean (38 disposals, 11 tackles), Honey (31 disposals, 3.5) and Webb (35 disposals with 18 kicks). When Webb gets 18 kicks you can expect him to have done some damage.

All must be rapping rather loudly on the door for a run in the seniors, although it seems like Sandy didn't offer much resistance.

Seems like Libba is a fair way back in the queue.

I was at the game last night, and too be honest honey was tough as nails, taking a few nasty hits during the game, but his disposal was so poor at times, imo, where we are trying to find form as a team, there is just no way you can bring him into the seniors. He plays with such ferocity and intensity that you want to give him a go at afl level, but he turns the ball over and missed a heap of shots at goal as well.

Toby and webb looked so far above everyone else out there. I was really impressed with webbs overhead marking, it really stood out. Webb actually missed at least 2 easy chances for goal as well. Toby's work at the centre bouces was fantastic, speed and agility with exceptional skills.

As for Libba, the dogs had the game in hand for most of the match, and he just seemed to cruise around the field. Was working but just didn't impose himself on the game. Have a feeling that was doing just enough.

Cloke was much better than red, red just seemed to never be in the right position all night. There was a lot of ball coming in high to red, and he just didn't judge it or position himself well for it all night. Cloke seemed to always be in attacking spots or attacking positions.

Fergus ran out of steam in the third. He barely made it to the bench at one stage.

Dec hamilton was impressive. Good vision and nice skills. Don't think that he is super athletic, but he made the right decisions most of the time.

Ben long looked miserable, should be in the red white and blue.

Is there another VFL match next week? Keen to know whether Libba has another shot to prove himself before the Swans match!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game last night, and too be honest honey was tough as nails, taking a few nasty hits during the game, but his disposal was so poor at times, imo, where we are trying to find form as a team, there is just no way you can bring him into the seniors. He plays with such ferocity and intensity that you want to give him a go at afl level, but he turns the ball over and missed a heap of shots at goal as well.

Toby and webb looked so far above everyone else out there. I was really impressed with webbs overhead marking, it really stood out. Webb actually missed at least 2 easy chances for goal as well. Toby's work at the centre bouces was fantastic, speed and agility with exceptional skills.

As for Libba, the dogs had the game in hand for most of the match, and he just seemed to cruise around the field. Was working but just didn't impose himself on the game. Have a feeling that was doing just enough.

Cloke was much better than red, red just seemed to never be in the right position all night. There was a lot of ball coming in high to red, and he just didn't judge it or position himself well for it all night. Cloke seemed to always be in attacking spots or attacking positions.

Fergus ran out of steam in the third. He barely made it to the bench at one stage.

Dec hamilton was impressive. Good vision and nice skills. Don't think that he is super athletic, but he made the right decisions most of the time.

Ben long looked miserable, should be in the red white and blue.

Play him as a small forward, I always wonder why we put him way out into the midfield which exposes his kicking. We hardly see Clay Smith that far out. Keep Honey as a small forward lurking around the 50/in the pocket, that way he only has to make a short kick or shot at goal. I see him as a quicker and more mobile version of Clay Smith, can kick some goals and is ferocious in his pressure. Feel for the guy, in the bests most weeks, stuck by the club when he could have left. Half of our team are s**t kicks, others get rewarded for lesser VFL form, so what's the difference?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back