VFL Footscray vs Sandy @ TBO 10/7 2pm

Remove this Banner Ad

He’d probably offer more than Schache already tbh, is a genuinely good ruck too which has surprised me a bit.

It’s a tough ask but could he get the job on King this week? Has the height to match him at least and not like we have anyone else who is going to do any better on him
Wouldn't expect him to have the speed or the body mass to be able to handle AFL level KPP's for a while longer yet.

Haven't seen our VFL team play 4 quarters of consistent, pressure football for a long time but they did it today.
Couldn't count the number of tackles and smothers we applied that stymied the opposition's run.
Standouts were McLean for 3 quarters; Sweet, whose ruck work improved throughout the game - doesn't do much around the ground though; Darcy, who is so close to promotion; Cordy, very solid down back; Bruce, if Naughton doesn't come up he's in straight away. The rest of the listed players all did their bit and contributed to a rare strong win this season.
Bad luck for Crozier looked like a very serious ankle injury.

I think I’ve come round to idea of Darcy debuting this year. He’s developing that quickly. Not huge numbers but just handles it really well and hasn’t looked out of place.

Get him in and smash games in to him like we did with English and fast track our future spine.

He’s probably the only shining light this season.

Stats obviously don't tell the whole picture but Tom Campbell edged Sweet in all stats today which is not a great argument for his promotion. English is such a risk at present that he will probably be needed however.

Stats obviously don't tell the whole picture but Tom Campbell edged Sweet in all stats today which is not a great argument for his promotion. English is such a risk at present that he will probably be needed however.
Campbell has always been a pretty decent ruckman at VFL level. His issue was mobility at AFL level and never really got a shot at the number 1 ruck spot. He did play a few games in 2017 in that role and actually produced excellent numbers.

Darcy must have really good core strength as he doesn’t get moved as easily as you’d think by looking at him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Darcy was really impressive today. Has good forward craft and timing, and was just a threat in whatever position he played whenever he was near the ball.

I really believe that he would match schache's output at afl level if given the chance

He’d probably offer more than Schache already tbh, is a genuinely good ruck too which has surprised me a bit.

It’s a tough ask but could he get the job on King this week? Has the height to match him at least and not like we have anyone else who is going to do any better on him

King would burn him badly on a lead

King would burn him badly on a lead
We need to bring one of him or O’Brien in to deal with King, Marshall and Membrey. I wouldn’t mind him playing on Marshall (he obviously plays back shoulder to avoid the wrestling match) and then trying to get back in front of King.

Full stats breakdown (full player stats at the bottom of the post, stats not final, the post will be updated once the review is complete)...

Disposal Efficiency
FO: 66%
SA: 64%

Kicking Efficiency
FO: 63%
SA: 59%

Hitouts / To Advantage
30 / 5 - Sweet
8 / 2- Darcy

Hitouts To Advantage

FO: 7
SA: 13

First Possessions
FO: 45
SA: 51

Clearances / Centre Clearances

FO: 39 / 10
SA: 41 / 8

Contested Marks
FO: 8
SA: 9

Marks Inside 50
FO: 13
SA: 7

Defensive 50 Marks
FO: 14
SA: 23

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks

FO: 6
SA: 3

Spoils
FO: 36
SA: 32

Score Launches
4 - McLean
3 - Bruce, Butler, Cleary
2 - Darcy, Drummond, Khamis, Macpherson,O’Brien, Sullivan
1 - Cordy, Gilbee, R. Smith, Stretton, Sweet, Vandermeer,

Inside 50 Efficiency
FO: 57%
SA: 41%

Shots At Goal
FO: 34 (38%)
SA: 15 (40%)

Scoring Profile (Footscray / Sandringham)

Set Shot: 8.5 / 4.2
Snap: 4.5 / 2.2
On Run: 1.2 / 0.0
Mark Play On: 0.1 / 0.0
Ground Kick: 0.1 / 0.1

0M-15M: 3.3 / 2.1
15M-30M: 4.1 / 1.2
31M-40M: 2.5 / 1.1
41M-50M: 4.5. /2.1
51M+: 0.0 / 0.0

Scores Directly From FK/50MP: 6.1 / 1.0
Scores In Time-On: 8.7 / 2.2

Smothers
FO: 11
SA: 5

Champion Data Ranking Points (Supercoach)
129 - Sullivan
122- McLean
104 - Khamis
100 - Darcy
100 - Garner
99 - Bruce
91 - Gilbee
89 - Raak
89 - Cordy
87 - Drummond
87 - Butler
81 - O’Brien
69 - Vandermeer
66 - McNeil
63 - Cleary
61 - Stretton
59 - Craig-Peters
58 - Macpherson
56 - Sweet
56 - R. Smith
37 - Chatfield
20 - Kellett
3 - Crozier

Free Kick Summary
FK.png

Score Sources

SS.png

Player Stats Table
PS.png

kicks, kicking efficiency, handballs, disposals efficiency, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, marks, contested marks, intercept marks, tackles, pressure acts, spoils, frees for, frees against, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, clearances, centre clearances, inside 50s, rebound 50s, shots, goals/behinds, score assists, score involvements, metres gained, fantasy points, ranking points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruce and Mclean must be close to ready for senior football
I can understand if they keep Bruce in the 2s for another week but I genuinely would play him. It'd be nice for him to * the saints twice in 5 days.

Darcy really growing before our eyes today, love how sticky his hands are - it’s nice when they have that skill straight away, we saw for example with Boyd he didn’t have that, got himself into great positions but they just never stuck. We’ve seen similar with Marra who just doesn’t have that either but it’s starting to show a bit now.

Darcy from day one just clunks em, and is only going to get better as he gets stronger. Considering how bloody tall he is it’s going to be super hard to stop.

Naughty, Marra, Darcy truely is a ridiculous future forward line
Agree, but imagine if our mids actually kicked it to their advantage!!

He's the very last thing we need on our senior list given our abundance of mids, but geez Sullivan is a bloody good player, hard as a cats head, really hope he gets picked up elsewhere next year, he's been so consistent all year.

He's the very last thing we need on our senior list given our abundance of mids, but geez Sullivan is a bloody good player, hard as a cats head, really hope he gets picked up elsewhere next year, he's been so consistent all year.

Would that need change if Dunkley left?

Final stats...

FT.png
kicks, kicking efficiency, handballs, disposals efficiency, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, marks, contested marks, intercept marks, tackles, pressure acts, spoils, frees for, frees against, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, clearances, centre clearances, inside 50s, rebound 50s, shots, goals/behinds, score assists, score involvements, metres gained, fantasy points, ranking points

Would have preferred him over McComb but neither should be on our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back