VFL Footscray vs Werribee @ Avalon Oval Sat 2:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be interesting to see Arthur jones at half back, could be jj replacement with that speed.
Not sure about him, he’s an excitement machine for sure but geez he manages to let himself down by doing something s**t for every good thing he does. He’s got time on his side for sure he looks like he needs at least 2 more years - not sure what his best position is, it’s definitely not small forward. Maybe half back like you mentioned or probably wing; surprisingly strong overhead for a little guy

Darcy must have 15 marks, around 7 intercept and 4 or 5 contested - had a couple taken off him too like a pack mark just then that was called downfield for a free on the kicker.

I know he’s had a few kicked on him and I know he’ll get beaten on the lead with easy ball coming in. But we have to completely fix the way the ball enters our defence anyway, if we can get back to forcing high s**t entries he will eat them better than any other defender in the comp.

I genuinely think he can be a weapon there and one of the better defenders in the comp in a few years, he will be an absolute beast one on one in 3-4 years, when he puts on size there will be no one that can beat him body on body.

Who cares if he’s a touch slow off the mark and gets burnt on the lead? Gardner & O’Brien are super quick and they get burnt with easy entries l.

Build the backline around this guy, he is an absolute bloody weapon. I’m sold

Who is playing on Garoni?
Darcy, 2 have been direct on him, although one was a very stiff front on contact where I thought he did all he could tbh. 1 was from a dumb 50m against Darcy, 1 the closest person was Martin but I’m guessing that was because Darcy got caught out of position (hard to tell wit this camera angle) so that would probably go against his name too and 1 I didn’t see or don’t remember.

So yeah 5 goals against never great but I don’t feel he’s been beaten tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta roll your eyes at the player who didn't even get the free kick complaining about the ball being slapped out of his hands.

Keath's positioning is excellent, just knows where to go.
Toby McLean could step into the seniors if need be. Still like Garner, and Raak has positioned himself well as that wider F50 option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back