2nds Footscray vs Werribee Multicultural Round Sun 12 @AAO VFL STREAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok so Stringer has played VFL taken his medicine and regardless of stats or how he played he is never to play VFL again. He has too much talent and if he needs to find form he can do it in the AFL.

All the talent in the world doesn't matter if you don't bust your ass 100% for the team all of the time.

All the talent in the world doesn't matter if you don't bust your ass 100% for the team all of the time.
Not every player busts their ass 100% of the time and yes Jake seems to look lazy at times but that's just him he has swagger he is a match winner he is electrifying and can spark the team at any moment of a game that's just him. Take it or leave it I'll be taking it. He doesn't need heaps of the ball to impact a game. We only have a couple of players in our team that have this match winning quality so if he plays crap for 3 quarters and turns it on for 1 and we win then so be it in my book. Very handy type of player to have in finals.

Not every player busts their ass 100% of the time and yes Jake seems to look lazy at times but that's just him he has swagger he is a match winner he is electrifying and can spark the team at any moment of a game that's just him. Take it or leave it I'll be taking it. He doesn't need heaps of the ball to impact a game. We only have a couple of players in our team that have this match winning quality so if he plays crap for 3 quarters and turns it on for 1 and we win then so be it in my book. Very handy type of player to have in finals.

Don't get me wrong, I am a massive fan of Jake.

My opinion is that he is carrying an injury apart from the shoulder which us impacting his running or he is still immature as a player and is not quite there mentally as an afl player.

What he has done so far is a testament to his talent. No doubt he has worked very hard to get where he is and I am a couch potato but he needs to do more. Old mate Macca alluded to this and he is a fair judge of young talent if nothing else.

Can anyone reasonably estimate Stringers midfield minutes as a % of his game time.
If not 100%, very close to it. He kept attracting a crowd at the stoppages, which would have helped Honeychurch get off the leash to the extent that he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong, I am a massive fan of Jake.

My opinion is that he is carrying an injury apart from the shoulder which us impacting his running or he is still immature as a player and is not quite there mentally as an afl player.

What he has done so far is a testament to his talent. No doubt he has worked very hard to get where he is and I am a couch potato but he needs to do more. Old mate Macca alluded to this and he is a fair judge of young talent if nothing else.
That's fair enough but if he was injured or had even a niggle then rest him up before finals. Look I'm sure Bevo and mc know how important he is for us not only now but long term so hopefully they've just done this as a wake up call so he gets back to where he belongs.

Hopefully Jake goes through a Stevie J type of transformation. It Stringer can put everything together consistently, it could be the defining factor in beginning a dominant era for the Dogs.

Missed the game due to being in geelong.
This thread doesnt give much apart from trade stringer. Cant wait to see home tonight and watch it

If we go into the 1st final without stringer, we might aswell not show up. Hes had his week down there. Now get him back in and firing
He is not eligable to play VFL finals, so if he is not in the AFL side... he gets a week off. Do you see that happening? I don't.

Goal kickers today: 3 Long, 2 Hamilton Minson Jamieson Campbell, 1 Honeychurch Dale Greenwood Adcock Stringer Hannan Dalgleish #godogs

Bevo interviewed on the ground and when asked about Stringers performance in the VFL, said he thought Stringer applied himself really well, got a lot of time through the midfield and played well.

He didn't say it, but I would expect Stringer back in the side next week.

Looking forward to watching Ben Long's game. Loved his effort in his first game but was a bit off the pace, looks like he's adjusted to VFL speed now?

To make 4th place
Sandy to lose to tigers today (tiges up by 20 atm during the 3rd)
Port to lose and Footscray to beat Pies nw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back