VFL Footscray vs Williamstown Sat 28-2pm @ Willy Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Crozier's decision making both with his kicking and leaping seem to be why he's fallen out of favour completely. Seems lost with when to jump, when to stay down, and with those kicks too.

I have never seen a player fall off as hard as he has. He's still a level above in the VFL but there are clear signs why he isn't playin seniors.

Stats to 3QT (sorted by ranking points)...

Q3.png
kicks, kicking efficiency, handballs, disposals efficiency, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, marks, contested marks, intercept marks, tackles, pressure acts, spoils, frees for, frees against, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, clearances, centre clearances, inside 50s, rebound 50s, shots, goals/behinds, score assists, score involvements, metres gained, fantasy points, ranking points

Bedendo and Marra with some silk.

Darcy with some good grabs. Is going to be a classy player.

Future is bright.

Especially when you consider Cleary and Jones aren’t playing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

76021480.jpg

Marra, Bedendo, Schache, JJ putting a ton of pressure on the fringes of the seniors. Puts McNeill, Scott, McComb, Buku on notice tonight. Good to see.
Yep. Wouldn’t mind Bedendo getting a run in McCombs forward/wing role.

Marra keeping Buku honest but think he should have to back it up. He’s playing on an undersized young VFL defender so need to keep this performance in context. His attack in the marking contest has been very good though.

JJ comes straight back in for mine.

Looks like they’ve switched from thinking Schache will be a defender and are exploring if he can be the backup ruck to English. I’d prefer English/Schache to English/Cordy or English/Sweet.

Joel Garner has a lot of talent. Could well be picked up in the mid season draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would say that Sweet and Buku would like to play well tonight. Bev could go back to the one ruck or he could just do a direct swap for Buku.
Not sure I love Buku & Marra in the same team right now though considering they both struggle for 70% TOG, plus really don’t want any of them backing up the ruck and there’d be no Cordy.

He is growing in confidence by the minute though, what a game he’s playing! He really needed this I think - not against letting him do it again next week then coming in after the bye for a big second half of the season.

Shows the difference when our VFL side is competitive though

Wallis brilliant when moved into the midfield that quarter.
We must re-contract Bedendo for next season, he's on the verge of AFL standard now.
Our listed players got right on top in that quarter. JJ excellent too.
Bedendo is the kind of bloke North Melbourne should be offering an extra $100k and an extra year to versus whatever we offer and trying to walk him to the draft.

This turnaround in form really shows you the difference in standard between AFL listed players and local top-ups from the Ammos or weaker NAB League graduates (we deliberately don't go out and get highet rated top outs unlike othet VFL clubs)

Not sure I love Buku & Marra in the same team right now though considering they both struggle for 70% TOG, plus really don’t want any of them backing up the ruck and there’d be no Cordy.

He is growing in confidence by the minute though, what a game he’s playing! He really needed this I think - not against letting him do it again next week then coming in after the bye for a big second half of the season.

Shows the difference when our VFL side is competitive though

The TOG point is a good one. It probably is a battle between JUH and Buku at this stage. Bev has the habit of one ruck though. I also don't believe Sweet is capable of playing much more than 70% regardless but we should pick 2 capable rucks so that we never get smashed in the ruck.

The TOG point is a good one. It probably is a battle between JUH and Buku at this stage. Bev has the habit of one ruck though. I also don't believe Sweet is capable of playing much more than 70% regardless but we should pick 2 capable rucks so that we never get smashed in the ruck.
Yeah I get that but who would even be 2nd ruck in that situation? Buku maybe but we haven’t used him there at AFL level, or just mids again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back