2nds Footscray's 2017 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Jd and Will Hayes appear to be back
Nick Jamieson will be back
Hugh Wales, Jordan Staley, Lauchlan Dalgleish, Alex Greenwood and Russell all back.
Wyatt and Deery are 50/50
Tom Sharp i believe has gone to WRFL
Giles Guest is gone (a poster here is mates with him so can confirm )

On a sad note it's going to be hard watching Ben Long and
Mitch Hannan running round in another teams colours, but
good luck to them both and well done getting drafted. We
should have the ability to match a bid similar to the crap
academy system if they have played for our VFL side and
built a rapport with the boys and support staff.:(

does anyone have a full list of last seasons vfl squad? Treid on the doggies website but that seems to be missing some of the blokes mentioned on here

does anyone have a full list of last seasons vfl squad? Treid on the doggies website but that seems to be missing some of the blokes mentioned on here
I will post it tonight when i get home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should target some of the Dandy boys that didn't get drafted considering Frankston is no longer with us.
most are at casey, a few at northern blues and port melbourne hunting down a lot them
Dogs don't normally target dandy more gippy power.

Any ideas of younger players we are interested in from the TAC Cup or players we have been talking to?
Haven't heard much about Footscray but i know 2-3 Western Jets, 2 Gippsland Power and 3 Western Region Football League players are training at the club.
Sadly don't have names, Footscray keep everything close to their chest

Matt Goodyear training with Footscray. Played 15 VFL Games for Pies avg 22 Disposals, 2 marks and 5 tackles per game while kicking 5 goals for the year

Helluva fixture we have. Four games that work in with our senior team on the same day, along with two Friday night games at VUWO. We have done very well in that regard. VFL on the Good Friday bandwagon as well. Back to back games for us :D

Helluva fixture we have. Four games that work in with our senior team on the same day, along with two Friday night games at VUWO. We have done very well in that regard. VFL on the Good Friday bandwagon as well. Back to back games for us :D
Being the defending premiers has its perks at both AFL and VFL level.

Just read on news.com.au that 2 of our VFL games are curtain raisers to the AFL.

"The first VFL curtain-raiser is locked in for May 6 when Footscray and Richmond clash at Etihad Stadium ahead of the Western Bulldogs and Richmond match.
The Bulldogs will be involved again on June 24 when Footscray meets Werribee before the Dogs take on North Melbourne."

Been saying it or a while so it's great to see curtain raisers before AFL games. I don't expect it to be every week of course, so the 2 games scheduled next season is amazing. Back in the day I would go to WO get there about 9am and watch the U19's then reserves and then the seniors. Was a big day of course, great to see it back.

Been saying it or a while so it's great to see curtain raisers before AFL games. I don't expect it to be every week of course, so the 2 games scheduled next season is amazing. Back in the day I would go to WO get there about 9am and watch the U19's then reserves and then the seniors. Was a big day of course, great to see it back.
Might be showing your age there TK. When I started going to the football, the Under 19's played at the away team's home ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back