Universal Love Footy, and Foxfooty, is back!

Fox Footy is awesome, couldn't be without it. I love all the panel shows.The best part is be able to watch all nine games with NO Ads after each goal.

I only watched one game on channel 7 last year & that was the grand final only because Fox Footy weren't allowed to show it live! I still watched Fox's pre game, half time & post game coverage. Its unbelievable how bad channel 7's coverage of football is compared to Fox.

What do your wife's say about how much footy you watch during the week and then on the weekend?

I get to watch the Thursday night footy show and then AFL from Friday night to Sunday afternoon and that's it. The TV shows during the week are hers. The block, my kitchen rules, crap like that.

That's another reason why I don't watch the midweek fox footy shows, we compromise so I can actually watch the footy on the weekend. Plus we only have fox footy in the front room with the big screen TV.

Luckily, Mrs Old Crow is a fanatic too!
Agree with posts above, both in the advantages of FF and the occasionally disappoiniting aspects.

But the biggest thing for me:
When I visit Adelaide, I can't get Fox so have to watch any games on free to air. It is so amazingly frustrating to get add breaks during play!!!!

Being a footy nut, I watch pretty much watch all their shows.

AFL 360 is my favourite; analysis, discussion, many laughs. Gerard is incredibly intelligent, while Robbo is brilliant in a weird way.

It is the best show on AFL, better than On the Couch, which seems to be more VFL centric and ego boosting amongst those on the couch.

AFL 360 is just the best there is and there is nothing out there that can come close to producing a good footy show. Quality and Class and well researched. It is the benchmark of how to do a proper Footy show.

The footy show that comes on after the game, with Dunstall is the biggest load of s**t. I have never watch an episode but unfortunately have my eyes and ears tortured by that show when I accidentally switch on.

I haven't had Foxtel for several years now, just wasted to much time watching crap on tv but manage to acquire the mentioned shows and 360 is the best of them, it can get a bit boring having the same guests on every week but at the same time its interesting to see what an AFL player goes through with the ups and downs of each week, rather than maybe new people every week with just light questions. A once a month rotation spread around more clubs would make it a lot better though.

I am thinking of trialing Foxtel on Xbox for the NAB cup. Hopefully the games are on there right? I think you can get a 14 day free trial also but not sure if you can include the sports package in that.

What do your wife's say about how much footy you watch during the week and then on the weekend?

I get to watch the Thursday night footy show and then AFL from Friday night to Sunday afternoon and that's it. The TV shows during the week are hers. The block, my kitchen rules, crap like that.

That's another reason why I don't watch the midweek fox footy shows, we compromise so I can actually watch the footy on the weekend. Plus we only have fox footy in the front room with the big screen TV.

I tactically sit through reruns of Gilmore Girls and The Nanny all week for this very reason.

Our house rules are pretty simple. I watch/go to the Crows every week no questions asked, unless there's an event like a wedding that can't be moved, it's well accepted that Crows time is off limits to any social activity (including pleasant or even civil conversation).

We don't plan around any other games, but if were home and I want to watch them, I generally get first dibs on the remote on the weekend. My girlfriend doesn't like footy but she respects that I do and won't get in my way if I really want to watch it. I respect that she doesn't like it and don't make her sit through St Kilda v GWS.

She's a good sport, really.

I tactically sit through reruns of Gilmore Girls and The Nanny all week for this very reason.

Our house rules are pretty simple. I watch/go to the Crows every week no questions asked, unless there's an event like a wedding that can't be moved, it's well accepted that Crows time is off limits to any social activity (including pleasant or even civil conversation).

We don't plan around any other games, but if were home and I want to watch them, I generally get first dibs on the remote on the weekend. My girlfriend doesn't like footy but she respects that I do and won't get in my way if I really want to watch it. I respect that she doesn't like it and don't make her sit through St Kilda v GWS.

She's a good sport, really.
You're in trouble if this is your arrangement at the girlfriend stage.

This is my married arrangement. At girlfriend stage I had carte blanche on footy viewing.

Two tvs - two fox boxes! ;) Funnily enough, I watch Fox Footy as much as hubby, so there's rarely an argument. I'm just pissed off that they don't do shows over the off season - even a once a week update would be good with trading/drafting/pre-season training news from all clubs.

Two tvs - two fox boxes! ;) Funnily enough, I watch Fox Footy as much as hubby, so there's rarely an argument. I'm just pissed off that they don't do shows over the off season - even a once a week update would be good with trading/drafting/pre-season training news from all clubs.
Absolutely. Can't believe they don't do this. People are CRAVING footy news and goss. Throw us a freakin bone!

There is very little we watch that isn't downloaded to watch at our own convenience.
No issue at all with the missus and footy she loves it and genuinely tries to get into other shows as well.
Choosing to do stuff with kids is where the time conflict can occur.

Foxtel Go is also fairly handy for avoiding TV clashes.

Footy is easy I drink she drives and as long as she gets a sit down meal all is fine.

Cricket much the same as long as it is t20. Anything longer I can watch in peace.

CSI, NCIS and similar we watch together.

Talent shows she has on her own.

she's probably a grandmother by now :eek:

868570-nikki-visser.jpg

That would make her a Gmilf, as Skwisgaar Skwigelf would say in broken English.

I might mention; foxtel is so important in this household we have two boxes!

One out in the family room, and one is the Henry "hub" for football viewing pleasure. The multi room box costs $25 a month, and you pick up the subscription from the main box.

So all you are paying for for the additional box is the monthly fee. No extra subscription required.

Foxtel is such a piece of s**t. I feel nothing but pity for anybody who throws their money at it.
What do you mean?

I find it absolute gold.

AFL
Premier league soccer
Cricket from around the world, including Australian overseas tours
All live

Movies

TV - I'm IQ'ing shows such as Boardwalk Empire at the moment as well as classics like Curb your enthusiasm

If you don't like sport, movies or television shows I can understand people not liking it.

Back