Footy Classified 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not a Kane Cornes fan, but boy I love it when he slaps down that young upstart McClure.

Is there a more worthless person on tv than Sam Mclure? Never seen a bloke commit to beating around the bush so much in my life. His bit about the Richmond players at the comedy club perfectly summed up the problem with the footy media. Brings up some players went to a charity comedy event after a loss, says it's bad optics but won't commit to any opinion as he's just 'raising the question'.

If you don't have an opinion on it then don't bring it up. Just the most pointless handwringing. The optics are only s**t because you are viewing it through that lens. Have the courage to say you think it's the reason they're losing games or something, it would still be a s**t opinion but at least you'd be planting a flag in the ground.

Is there a more worthless person on tv than Sam Mclure? Never seen a bloke commit to beating around the bush so much in my life. His bit about the Richmond players at the comedy club perfectly summed up the problem with the footy media. Brings up some players went to a charity comedy event after a loss, says it's bad optics but won't commit to any opinion as he's just 'raising the question'.

If you don't have an opinion on it then don't bring it up. Just the most pointless handwringing. The optics are only s**t because you are viewing it through that lens. Have the courage to say you think it's the reason they're losing games or something, it would still be a s**t opinion but at least you'd be planting a flag in the ground.

An absolute weasel. The king of "I'm not saying it, but just raising it cause".......

When Caro go overseas in the middle of the season, as Chief Football Writers invariably do, can we not replace her with McClueless. Here’s an idea, how about another female journalist or commentator say Lauren Wood for starters.

I can't believe they are even aloud by their employer to go on holiday in the middle of a football season. Especially when you've basically got from October till end of March off. How can you have a serious opinion on the game when you're not even watching it.

I'll give it another 3 weeks until he brings up the Crows camp again....

I remember last years GF - he was in the Melbourne rooms after the game and he was standing right behind the channel 7 guys (Richo and Hodge) in the background (who were interviewing Melbourne players). He was looking everywhere around him - looked like he was trying to look for someone to talk to but no-one would engage him.

Absolute parasite.

I can't believe they are even aloud by their employer to go on holiday in the middle of a football season. Especially when you've basically got from October till end of March off. How can you have a serious opinion on the game when you're not even watching it.
Imagine Gill had taken a trip away mid season? Caro would be fuming

Anyway, that comedy gig would have been planned months out. It was for charity as well right? The nerve of those Richmond players …

Does he really think after they lost to the Suns, the Tigers players decided to shake it off and head out for some giggles??

Oh but COVID??

Also congrats to Collingwood on winning 8 in a row and just lucky we didn’t have Kane Cornes tagging Nick Daicos, otherwise you would have lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That little segment they did on Richmond was absolutely pathetic.

Not really a fan of the Tigers, but to suggest that a charity event (probably planned and booked weeks ago) was a bad look for the club who had 2 close losses in a row was absolutely laughable. Then there was something about how Hardwick might not want to stick around for 5-6 more years for a rebuild and then next thing you know he's coaching Port or Essendon next year. :drunk:

That little segment they did on Richmond was absolutely pathetic.

Not really a fan of the Tigers, but to suggest that a charity event (probably planned and booked weeks ago) was a bad look for the club who had 2 close losses in a row was absolutely laughable. Then there was something about how Hardwick might not want to stick around for 5-6 more years for a rebuild and then next thing you know he's coaching Port or Essendon next year. :drunk:

slow news day I guess?

The closing credits last night showed McClure trying to muscle in on Hutchy's pantomime charades act by throwing a piece of paper at Kane. In fact I think Hutchy was flapping his army at Lloyd at the same time

Ugh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back