Footy Classified 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd's media career has been a bit like watching a rookie get thrown into an mediocre side by neccesity and then slowly develop through the years. Each year he gotten more confident and assertive, but still has a way to go. But compared to the deer in headlights when he started... :winkv1:

Still has the odd moment where he sh@ts himself. Like last night he was pressing Scott about Gary Rohans poor finals record. Brought up in last years prelim that he only had 1 touch, then when Scott said "yeah but he did a hammy", he kept just repeating nervously "yep... yep....yep". Just needed to stick to his guns, cause it was a valid point.

Lloyd's media career has been a bit like watching a rookie get thrown into an mediocre side by neccesity and then slowly develop through the years. Each year he gotten more confident and assertive, but still has a way to go. But compared to the deer in headlights when he started... :winkv1:

The 'Essendon slippers' moment with Caro was when he went from Walter White to Heisenberg

Still has the odd moment where he sh@ts himself. Like last night he was pressing Scott about Gary Rohans poor finals record. Brought up in last years prelim that he only had 1 touch, then when Scott said "yeah but he did a hammy", he kept just repeating nervously "yep... yep....yep". Just needed to stick to his guns, cause it was a valid point.
To be fair on Lloyd, as a former player, he obviously has no formal training, experience or expertise in the media and although he has grown into the role, (and also the fact he is a decent person) he is simply not accustomed to thinking ahead of peoples responses, being astutely coercive or asking loaded questions as most career journalists/media presenters are...

I also like Lloyd as he usually avoids being involved in 'industry gossip', most of which is created by the old battle axe that sits on the desk with him...
Related - Lloyd recently suggests that Sheedy's input in EFC club matters is pretty much non-existent. Caro responds; "Oh Matthew, I doubt any of us really know that is the case". She then proceeds to provide 'her view' of the EFC's back-room machinations and relationships in remarkable detail..!

Last edited:
Lloyd or one of the other panellists should have mentioned Ling’s comments last year about not being able to trust Rohan in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagerly looking forward to the five minute fireman's critique of the finals games tonight.

From which game will he edit an 8 second clip to point out just how bad a side defended, or a player made a f*** up?? Who will he torch?? Who will he humiliate??

On the positive side however, he will probably talk up Hinkley's chances of taking Port to a flag in 2023.

Eagerly looking forward to the five minute fireman's critique of the finals games tonight.

From which game will he edit an 8 second clip to point out just how bad a side defended, or a player made a f*** up?? Who will he torch?? Who will he humiliate??

On the positive side however, he will probably talk up Hinkley's chances of taking Port to a flag in 2023.
While it's fun to lambast Corne's and other footy media presenters, a reminder that there are usually other people, namely producers and their spin doctors who are equally involved and responsible for these narratives. Accordingly it would be naive to even suggest any former player, as non career journalists and/or media presenters, could produce such stories without any creative input, assistance and advice from others.

Moreover I also suggest Mr. Corne's would receive greater related back-room support and assistance than most presenters, given his 'shock-jock' type role and on-screen persona, which sometimes requires obfuscation and deflection when/if his regular controversial related observations/opinions/claims are publicly or industry refuted/challenged...

Last edited:
I get that Cornes isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's refreshing for a recently retired player to actually speak their mind and not sit on the fence.

The footy media would be pretty dull if you took out the likes of Cornes.

Let's not encourage blandness, because there are plenty of recently retired players who are as boring as bat **** and haven't had a crack at making a proper transition from 'club land' to professional commentator.

Hopefully you were not too disappointed with Cornes’s absence and Lloyd doing the close checking segment instead.

I get that Cornes isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's refreshing for a recently retired player to actually speak their mind and not sit on the fence.

The footy media would be pretty dull if you took out the likes of Cornes.

Let's not encourage blandness, because there are plenty of recently retired players who are as boring as bat **** and haven't had a crack at making a proper transition from 'club land' to professional commentator.
Yep, fair enough.

I've got no doubt that he deliberately to antagonise some players, clubs and their supporters - just to get a reaction & clicks. He openly admitted on SEN once that he likes to get lots of riled up feedback (he had a segment called 'mean tweets') and thrives on it.

That to me says it all. But its just my opinion.

Lloyd with his black and red slippers on again. He cannot handle his club being portrayed in a negative light. Almost chokes back his tears when it happens. it’s embarrassing yet very amusing to watch. Ross Lyon is great to watch. Head and shoulders above the plonkers that sit beside him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back