Footy Classified 2022

As a crows fan, I reckon we’ve been mentioned on Footy Classified only a handful of times this season. Which makes a change from previous years. I can actually watch it now.
Caro has swapped doom-riding your team for the Eagles.

In contrast, she's despised North from year one of Classified.

Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Again the dramatisation with North. The old "This has Fitzroy feels" rubbish Ed was spitting out just to defend his North/Tassie idea was pathetic. Even after everyone laughed it off (Apart from his biggest fan Ross Lyon), he still can't understand why it's a ridiculous idea. No wonder his presidency went to sh$t.
Only thinking the other day about how it would have been if Footy Classified had been around in the last years of Fitzroy. Ed would have had them out of the comp by 94 and the show would have gone for 90 minutes as they gleefully listed all the reasons they should be closed.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only thinking the other day about how it would have been if Footy Classified had been around in the last years of Fitzroy. Ed would have had them out of the comp by 94 and the show would have gone for 90 minutes as they gleefully listed all the reasons they should be closed.
Those good old days before the welfare state, I remember them well. Alas

Winky

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2009
Sunshine coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
McClure and Cornes just cannot continue.

All Sam does is look to argue the most pointless rubbish before backing off like a proper cat.

Get him off.
I couldn't agree more. McClure is the most conceited, rude and arrogant "journalist" I have ever seen. Constantly interrupting when others are talking and acts like he is the font of all knowledge. Barrett is also conceited and actually a detriment to the game with his constant criticism and attempts to change everything At least he lets others have their say before arguing with them though so it is an improvement on McClure. Wilson and Cornes are just attack dog people who sometimes have good points but mostly say ridiculous crap. I don't often watch for that reason...and also the hope that others will do the same and they may change their personnel.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cornes just can't help but have unnecessary digs at people. Even when talking about Danger doing commentary, which could be a covid risk. He had to throw in that he has been in 5 losing prelims. There was no need for it and just makes you look like a d$%k.

Lloyd is probably the only one I don't mind on it now. Sometimes you can roll your eyes at him, but generally gets it right.

Last edited:
Caro has swapped doom-riding your team for the Eagles.

In contrast, she's despised North from year one of Classified.

I feel validated when opposition supporters acknowledge that Caro seriously hates North. It's truly bizarre lol

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
Cornes just can't help but have unnecessary digs at people. Even when talking about Danger doing commentary, which could be a covid risk. He had to throw in that he has been in 5 losing prelims. There was no need for it and just makes you look like a d$%k.

Lloyd is probably the only one I don't mind on it now. Someones you can roll your eyes at him, but generally gets it right.
yes, he's come a long way from when he first started. Easily the least obnoxious.

yamborghinidream

Metal Gear Solid
Apr 14, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
WAFL

Lloyd is probably the only one I don't mind on it now. Someones you can roll your eyes at him, but generally gets it right.
I think Cornes is a good personality/commentator with a lot of takes I agree with what irks me with him is that everything seems to be the biggest or most important issue... there's no sense of scale or magnitude when he talks, everything is a code black emergency...

Rabish Binney

Left out overnight
Sep 7, 2021
Off the land, rural SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt; Man City
Amazing that people have only just come around to the fact that McClure is a shite journo and a shite person.

Why has it taken everybody so long to realise this?

Back