FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as an Essendon fan might not like it. Matty Knights' sledge on Lloyd was a beauty.
Lloyd's response was so much better thought out though...
"Matthew was a very good VFL and development coach"....but... rofl
One of them was speaking the truth.

Anyone else notice they now exclusively only talk about Melbourne teams? Last night they had a whole 10 min segment on Essendon, another segment on Geelong, Segment on St Kilda with an interview with Brett Ratten. Last week was the same. At least at the end they had an interview with Michael Walters which i think is the first time they've interviewed a non Victorian player. Maybe just tell us before hand you have no intention to talk about teams outside of Victoria.

Anyone else notice they now exclusively only talk about Melbourne teams? Last night they had a whole 10 min segment on Essendon, another segment on Geelong, Segment on St Kilda with an interview with Brett Ratten. Last week was the same. At least at the end they had an interview with Michael Walters which i think is the first time they've interviewed a non Victorian player. Maybe just tell us before hand you have no intention to talk about teams outside of Victoria.
So not exclusively Melbourne teams...fake news

Cornes wont shut up about Tex if that helps?

The Wednesday night version being put back an hour from next week.

Not surprising considering there being no footy matches but even so reckon it would be struggled anyway. Once a week is enough and McGuire on there is a bad fit for multiple reasons, including how his opinions have been so overexposed for years; was anybody really craving more of his perspective on the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I finally remembered to watch the Wed night version of the show this week and yeah it's not required, maybe once the games resume (if) the show might be worth watching.

The Wednesday night version being put back an hour from next week.

Not surprising considering there being no footy matches but even so reckon it would be struggled anyway. Once a week is enough and McGuire on there is a bad fit for multiple reasons, including how his opinions have been so overexposed for years; was anybody really craving more of his perspective on the game?
Bin Wednesday night, swap Cornes with Lyon on Monday night. Simples

I raise this as a general point - Many are doing TV shows and radio broadcasts from home, instead of using a studio which apparently will be used more often in the future - The problem is that in some cases the picture and audio quality is below professional standards - It's rare that you will have the same level of professional equipment at home as compared to fully functioning studios - I am unsure this will be the panacea some think.

I raise this as a general point - Many are doing TV shows and radio broadcasts from home, instead of using a studio which apparently will be used more often in the future - The problem is that in some cases the picture and audio quality is below professional standards - It's rare that you will have the same level of professional equipment at home as compared to fully functioning studios - I am unsure this will be the panacea some think.
Reckon an element of that is just timing. Most people at home have had to setup on a whim so are using regular home equipment. If this becomes a cost rationalization objective from the networks, you'll see them invest in better home gear - either via direct investment, or an established pool of home use assets.

Majority of the technology used in Australian TV production is either network owned (for news & variety programming) or rented (for scripted content).

They're just talkback / roundtable shows though, so I'm OK if the vision isn't in Ultra Mega Uber HD.

Reckon an element of that is just timing. Most people at home have had to setup on a whim so are using regular home equipment. If this becomes a cost rationalization objective from the networks, you'll see them invest in better home gear - either via direct investment, or an established pool of home use assets.

Majority of the technology used in Australian TV production is either network owned (for news & variety programming) or rented (for scripted content).

They need better equipment because at times the picture quality and especially the audio quality is well below TV standards of production - It's important that we differentiate between home based podcasts and what appears as a TV show.

They need better equipment because at times the picture quality and especially the audio quality is well below TV standards of production - It's important that we differentiate between home based podcasts and what appears as a TV show.
I agree, but also would have thought that many of the Scripted content creators should sub-let any camera hire during this period to the networks who could use it in the meantime - an easy way to subsidise their shows in production that are now hemorrhaging cash, and improving the quality of the remaining shows.

Yeah it was a ridiculous suggestion even by Hutchy's standards, the AFL have got enough on their plate trying to get a season completed with 18 teams let alone throwing in another team and the extra money and organisation that would require. I think he just threw that out there to help fill up some airtime though rather than offering it up as a serious suggestion, I hope so anyway.

Is the Tas money to the Hawks & North factored in or not?

Hutchy has a few problems of his own with Pacific Star* shares suspended on the ASX https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20200403/pdf/44gny494hn3ppj.pdf

* owner of SEN, Crocmedia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back