TV Footy Classified

Schnitzengruben

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't mind Lyon, generally speaking. He seems a bit new/raw to the TV scene which is understandable. But I think he has really good insights into the game and the coaching aspect.

However, I think the borderline sycophantic way the show revolves around Lyon's coaching tenure, the "Ross The Boss" segments etc is a little bit cringey.

Still prefer the Monday night edition.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Because he's baiting her or because his arguments are really weak? It's the latter for me
I probably have a different view to much on Hutchy. As so many get annoyed when it’s their team in discussion.

I think he’s brilliant, he makes bold calls but his ability to debate and touch of wit is enjoyable.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Back tonight at 10:10pm.

Looks like they are persisting with the Wednesday night version which I personally only watched a couple of times, I wonder who will host it this year?

Schnitzengruben

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Back tonight at 10:10pm.

Looks like they are persisting with the Wednesday night version which I personally only watched a couple of times, I wonder who will host it this year?
Monday night version is quite a bit better. Wouldn't be surprised if they got Tony Jones to host Wednesdays considering how well-received The Sunday Footy Show is. I'd watch it tbh.

SpecialComments

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I find Monday is more about tackling the off-field political issues and hot topics out of the weekend, and Wednesday is more focused on game issues and club performances. If Eddie isn't there on Wednesday's McClure to host is the next best choice. Just hope we get a consistent timeslot each week!

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Hutchy was straight back in full flog mode arguing for shorter quarters again, showing once again that he cares more about money than the game.

Remove this Banner Ad