Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Its difficult when you have a current coach such as Chris Scott on. Clearly he will use spin to promote his own agenda and he will be reluctant to criticize other teams or coaching. (having said that he wasn't too bad).
It's bad enough when Eddie is on and pushing Collingwood issues. Same with Judd a coupe of years back, never wanting to address the Carlton issues.

From a viewer perspective i wish they could go with panel members who aren't so constrained by current club positions and loyalties

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Its difficult when you have a current coach such as Chris Scott on. Clearly he will use spin to promote his own agenda and he will be reluctant to criticize other teams or coaching. (having said that he wasn't too bad).
It's bad enough when Eddie is on and pushing Collingwood issues. Same with Judd a coupe of years back, never wanting to address the Carlton issues.

From a viewer perspective i wish they could go with panel members who aren't so constrained by current club positions and loyalties
Absolutely. As a one off I could probably live with Scott being there (given that he's been a topic of debate this week), but having a current coach as a panelist for the full hour really goes against what the show is all about. Must admit that I was disappointed when it came on and he was there as a panelist, and I'd say the same about any current coach.

the harry

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast

Yeah the idea is good that he's got so this knowledge and his brother is at the AFL but in reality he can't and won't say much at all

Dogs Rule

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
It was on live but no catch up yet.

Funny thing, from the bit I saw, Hutchy didn't say Footy Clas once, maybe he read this thread while trolling BF for stories?
He said it last night and he persisted with the over the top amateur theatrics over the closing credits. So punchable and lose the beard, it’s getting into creepy uncle territory.

Remove this Banner Ad