FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro's comments re: St Kilda were interesting considering she herself recently took time off. Just poor

She made the same comments last week on Adelaide radio so this wasn't a spare of the moment thing.

Caro has the best networks in the business in my opinion in terms of getting leaks. Is it possible someone in AFL House / St Kilda has asked her to raise and push this? Her take seems way off on this one.

Caro really does let herself down with the mare she had last night. For someone who is suppose to be an icon for Australian women, her comments are hypocritical and appalling. Had this been Ed, the media would be out in force today with references to "the boys club" at it again.

And as for her claims about Clarko not being at Hawthorn next year, it's based on her gut feel that Clarko and Jeff don't get along, so why would Clarko want to stay. Not on any fact or evidence whatsoever. Poor journalism!

She made the same comments last week on Adelaide radio so this wasn't a spare of the moment thing.

Caro has the best networks in the business in my opinion in terms of getting leaks. Is it possible someone in AFL House / St Kilda has asked her to raise and push this? Her take seems way off on this one.

I'd say people at St Kilda were unhappy about those blokes taking the time off and wanted it to be aired without having someone from HR giving them a call

And as for her claims about Clarko not being at Hawthorn next year, it's based on her gut feel that Clarko and Jeff don't get along, so why would Clarko want to stay. Not on any fact or evidence whatsoever. Poor journalism!

Clarko and Jeff have never got on so if she is pushing that line she has heard that people want to get rid of him.

Clarko and Jeff have never got on so if she is pushing that line she has heard that people want to get rid of him.

She's pushing that line trying to stir the pot when there is nothing there. If they have never got on, yet still won a flag as president and coach, then what's the issue? You don't want to be surrounded by a bunch of "yes" men, which has been raised (on the show) as a major issue with Carlton.

She has been saying Clarko is gonna leave on the show for years. Move on!

She also loves creating instability around contenders. That's why she brings up Chris Scott moving to Collingwood in the leadup to a big game for us.

One look at the divide on the St Kilda board about Ross/Membrey shows that there’s two perspectives on the issue and fair comment to being into the public domain.

I love how when Caro has sexist insults thrown at her and doesn’t complain she’s seen as aneasily offended female snowflake who can’t handle it, then as soon as she says one questionable thing about a family NewsCorp/footy fans are jumping on her saying she’s a callous bitch who says out of line comments.

Caro continues to be a thorn in the side of the boy’s club, and I hope she continues ruffling the jimmies of deluded footy fans and media personnel for years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One look at the divide on the St Kilda board about Ross/Membrey shows that there’s two perspectives on the issue and fair comment to being into the public domain.

I love how when Caro has sexist insults thrown at her and doesn’t complain she’s seen as aneasily offended female snowflake who can’t handle it, then as soon as she says one questionable thing about a family NewsCorp/footy fans are jumping on her saying she’s a callous b*tch who says out of line comments.

Caro continues to be a thorn in the side of the boy’s club, and I hope she continues ruffling the jimmies of deluded footy fans and media personnel for years to come.
She's a product of the boy's club.

It’s ironic because Wilson herself took 4 weeks leave to Europe during the football season a couple of times pre covid. I follow a lot of sport here and overseas and I can’t remember a sports journo taking annual leave during the season of their specialty sport. It’s always during the off season

I love how when Caro has sexist insults thrown at her and doesn’t complain she’s seen as aneasily offended female snowflake who can’t handle it, then as soon as she says one questionable thing about a family NewsCorp/footy fans are jumping on her saying she’s a callous b*tch who says out of line comments.

Caro was born into the heart of the AFL boy's club and there are few journalists in Melbourne with deeper connections.

She’s got good connections but she’s a whistleblower, not a boys club apologist. Her track record throughout the Essendon doping scandal proves this.
No, it just confirmed that her sources and confidantes were on the right side of history. Still a boy's club

I thought the Ross/Membrey discussion was mature. Caro, Cornes and Lloyd all handed themselves well on a difficult subject matter. The only omission, as noted above, is that no one was brave enough to raise Caro heading to Amsterdam to assist her daughter.

The bigger issue is St Kilda. Last week they cracked it because of a playful headline and some heavy criticism of two of their forwards. This week they've used the media for their own ends. Make no mistake, someone high up at the Saints wanted Caro to be firing the gun on the club's behalf so that it didn't become an internal HR issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back