FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be a decent show if it wasn't based around them 'arguing' with each other and making lame jokes.

Well, I think the lame jokes are almost purely courtesy of the two journos.

Thomas relegates himself to cruel and wry observations and implications.

Still easily the best footy show on TV

Grant Thomas is my favourite person in the AFL media

Hutchy + Gaz are both great

Caro has the Arrow

Always worth staying up for on a Monday night

I love when they come back from a break and Hutchy's ugly head is staring blankly (psychotically) at the camera and he breaks into this huge dumb grin.. he's only about a second off in timing but I snorted scotch and coke across the room the first time he did it

Ahahah yes! Like he is staring into my soul

Replace Hutchy with Damien Barrett and I'd watch religiously. :thumbsu:

About a month ago there was an episode with both of them on.

Jack%2BJohnson.jpg

I was unlucky enough to watch this week's show in its entirety.

My assessments:

• Lyon: Smooth & entertaining, has some footy credibilty
  • Thomas: failed as a player and as a coach. Talks tough, but it's all nonsense.
  • Wilson: Knows nothing about footy: gossip merchant.
  • Hutchy: Nincompoop.

Rubbish show which contributes nothing.

I was watching Weeds last week and forgot to PVR (draw your own conclusions), and I completely blanked the ep with DB!

I've only been mildly distracted by multislacking tonight so I've seen a fair part of the proceedings of 29/8. I really enjoy the "wrasslin'" parts of this show - like when Grant Kinnebrough, well actually, when ANYONE has a go at Crotchy; but there hasn't been much of that tonight. There's been a smattering of tetch but that probably peaked for the season when Gary announced that he was going back to the Dee Minuses. I liked the camera shot when Caro asked Gary about the Melbourne coaching job tonight, it was "official" and made Gary's answers believable.

They could all use a bit of sun, especially Gaz. He probably hasn't got a spare minute.

I was gonna give this ep 6.7 outta 10, but then, over the closing credits, Crotchy theatrically swept the papers off the desk and stormed off, Fossil-style. Nice. Wrassle-y.

7 outta 10. Informative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I do love a good staged hissy fit.

I regularly watch it, not for the footy aspect, but because I think they're all knobs and it's humorous to see them having a go at each other and trying to prove each other wrong. It's a bit like bay 13 at times.

but the final five seconds where he always tries to do something extravagant and Big Personality as the credits roll makes me want to poke my eyes out with a stick.
Definitely, he tries so hard to be 'cool' or whatever.

Footy Classified is an appalling show. I only tune in occasionally to see what negative comment Grant Thomas has to say about the AFL.

Craig Hutchinson is football's biggest knob. He irritates me with his take on the strategies & tactics employed as if he is an expert in the area. (If only there was some way for a shoe being thrown at a TV screen could somehow impact the person to whom it is directed at.) The guy has a massive ego and needs to take a sip from the 'humility well'.

Garry Lyon & Caro are OK however when Caro gets a bee in her bonnet about something and refuses to let go, campaigning for her 'issue' ad nauseum; I wish she had a key in her back we could all turn forward to mover her on.

It is a very ordinary show, based around muck raking issues rather than genuine & more interesting footy matters. If it was gone tomorrow we wouldn't miss it.

In a nutshell, 'AFL 360' with Whateley & Robbo - shits on it!

I've missed it the last three weeks.

Hutchi has become a real problem on that show, he's too predictable and far to negative.

If he was to be replaced by Damian Barrett then it'd be a better show, and could still keep its "headline" style.

One Week, for mine, is a much better show because it actually dissects the game and contains actual analysis, not beat up from tabloid journo's.

I don't mind that FC doesn't analyse the game too much. We get more than enough footy analysis from countless other sources. Personally, I don't need to understand every team that well. FC is good in that it focusses a lot on broader issues and the politics of the game. I find that a refreshing change. The only real problem is Hutchy's deliberate sensationalism and his needless confrontations. Most of the time you can tell he doesn't even believe in what he's saying - he just thinks it's his job to poke people until they get sick of him, then smile as though it was all a bit of fun or tough investigative journalism. If they could remove that, FC would be a far better show.

FC is good in that it focusses a lot on broader issues and the politics of the game. I find that a refreshing change.

Early on in the thread I mentioned that the inclusion of Caro and Crotchy makes Assified a different beast from all the other footy shows, and that Caro is often a mouthpiece for AFL Hindquarters. Grant has a political/tactical/coaching/cranky brief and Gaz is GAZ.

The only real problem is Hutchy's deliberate sensationalism and his needless confrontations. Most of the time you can tell he doesn't even believe in what he's saying - he just thinks it's his job to poke people until they get sick of him, then smile as though it was all a bit of fun or tough investigative journalism. If they could remove that, FC would be a far better show.

Yeah, Crotchy is a waste of oxygen with no credibilty since the Richmond story and last year's Bloody Jeff and Clarko fiasco. One day he'll break a story. Maybe. (Who'd tell him anything?)

The show would be better with anyone but TV Tan Terry Wallace but I don't mind Crotchison. He's like comic relief - intentional and otherwise.

:p:p:p

Basically the show works like this:

Gary, Caro and Hutchy argue for 5 minutes. Hutchy gets personal, Gary gives good points, which Hutchy refutes with a call Gary made previously ('but you were the one that tipped Adealide for the flag') and Caro gets the giggles and/or offended. They then all stare at Thomas, who goes on a sweeping 3 or 4 minute speech vaguely related to the topic at hand. Cue break and repeat.

Great television!

I reckon it is great television, they just get stuck into each other, call everything as it is, very good football show. The worst show on tv is the foxsports one on Tuesday night with Dunstall, Lynch and the North coach, now that is BORING rubbish.

I reckon it is great television, they just get stuck into each other, call everything as it is, very good football show. The worst show on tv is the foxsports one on Tuesday night with Dunstall, Lynch and the North coach, now that is BORING rubbish.

No prizes for guessing why you use "Unstable" in your nom de plume.

I assume you enjoy Keeping Up with the Khardashians, The Housewives of Beverley Hills, Basketball Wives and a host of other similar mindless drivel.

I agree Footy Classified can be entertaining..... much like going to the zoo and watching 4 monkeys in a cage tossing excrement at each other. Or watching the early 'train wreck & talentless' auditions of American Idol.

I watch Footy Classified occasionally for a bit of cheapo entertainment. That's about it.

Caroline Wilson is the quintessential football gossip (though, there's nothing wrong with that) who wears the occasional plunging neckline to remind us that she sits down to piss. She works overly hard to make out she knows more about the strategies & tactics than she actually does.

Garry Lyon has credibility as a former champion of the game, although I'd love for him to actually take a leap into the coalface at a club board or coaching level for longer than 12 weeks to appreciate how competitive & difficult it truly is.

Grant Thomas is a glass half empty guy who has a cynicism about the AFL that stems from his frustration at not achieving what he wanted whe he was a major part of the footy industry as the Saints coach. I don't mind the negativity, as we know his agenda and you can take it or leave it depending on the issue.

Hutchy has a goofball head and the football intelligence to match. His credibility is the polar opposite to his ego. At times when I listen to this 'wannabe' footy expert, I can't help laughing at his antics & thinking that perhaps Wilson is not the only one who sits down to pee.

By contrast, Football Insider is for the football connoisseur looking for more than the average footy discussion found on the various footy media, with three very credible presenters in Dunstall, Lynch & the refreshing Brad Scott. Some of the footy science & technology presented on this show is fantastic and gives one a great insight into the machinations of a team's preparation. Any aspiring coach or enthusiast of the game's growing tactics and developments should watch the show.

In summary - if you are looking for your basic cheapie 'show bag' type entertainment watch Footy Classified; if you want to go behind the scenes and see what goes on to make the produce for some of the better show bags - take in Footy Insider.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back