FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly doubt hutchy watches any American sports other than just the super bowl

Not only does he probably not watch American sports, he definitely doesn't watch his weight. I would have thought for a guy who is on TV as often as he is he'd take some pride in his appearance and not rock up looking like a slob each week.

Maybe some TV station could do a parody of The Bachelor by having Hutchy as the star looking for love and organise 20 desperate wall flowers to court him.

Corners is a complete spud. He struggled tonight and Ross Lyon didn't even understand one of his questions so Hutchy had to explain it in proper English so he could understand it.

Also saying no other captain in the AFL would "tweet for no reason" like Taylor Walker does.

What a dead-set potato.

Everyone in Adelaide knows a firie

Not hard to get hold of stories of why they hate him so much

It was no great surprise that he got into the firies. Heaps of football people involved in the fire brigade in Adelaide and he would not have had a shortage of contacts in the right places to enable him to jump the queue. The fact he left so quickly was an indictment on the fact he was selected in the first place over so many who were probably better credentialed but didn't have the contacts Cornes had.

I'm tipping he would not have been very popular among the firies for the brief time he was there given how he got in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't really paid too much attention to the merits (or otherwise) of Caroline Wilson's work before, but I thought she was pretty poor last night.

From what I could tell she was bemoaning that coaches in particular don't always take what the journos say seriously. FFS, does she really think that everything the journos write is accurate, insightful and deserving of respect? There are a lot of journos with a lot of column inches and air time to fill and some of it will inevitably be crap. And then to castigate Ross for using the term 'penny dreadful' to describe crap writing? Yeah - how dare he try and use some interesting language.

Loved the way Ross just laughed at her and said she was being a bit sensitive. For the whole show she came across as touchy and grumpy.

Agree, that was probably her worst ‘Arrow’ ever. Acting like Barrett is some journo of integrity (let alone quality) is embarrassing.

I reckon she felt a bit sub-consciously embarrassed about her absence for several weeks and it showed; it’s pretty nonsensical for her to rate how good Richmond’s win over Port was when she wasn’t even here to see it.

Agree with general consensus about Cornes being ordinary. Thought Ross Lyon was surprisingly good though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back