FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe so, can't see how that would possibly be good for culture... If I was in their position i would have zero buy in to the culture and what the club is trying to achieve... Look out for number 1 seems to be the culture...
Well that explains why your not an elite level football player.
The industry is brutal and the honest feedback players are provided can seem to be equally brutal. Those guys were told clearly why they were picked up and the positive they were given is the opportunity ie you play your role well there is a chance for senior games and another contract.

Most of the players sos spoke about as vfl or role players were delisted free agents....if these guys don't realise they are playing for their career, then they won't make it anyway. Many are thankful to have extended their careers and given a second chance.
Lmao, imagine being a DFA and getting offended when a club only offers you a one-year deal.

Lmao, imagine being a DFA and getting offended when a club only offers you a one-year deal.
Or being offended for being labelled a player recruited mostly for vfl. For players who, when recruited, were likely to unemployed and probably playing state league for match payments anyway. Instead they get a 6 figure salary and a second chance to play at the top level and get a new contract.

Or being offended for being labelled a player recruited mostly for vfl. For players who, when recruited, were likely to unemployed and probably playing state league for match payments anyway. Instead they get a 6 figure salary and a second chance to play at the top level and get a new contract.
Keep the ones that are determined enough to take advantage of their opportunity.

Thats the type of characteristic trait I’d want at the club.

He sooked because he got dumped.

He was dumped because he got early opportunities, played badly and then never really fixed up his primary issue of poor disposal so never earnt another senior game.

Haven't seen him sook openly about GWS' culture...

Carlton have 6 spoons and 2 second bottom finishes in the last 15 years, good culture though...

'Stick fat' with us but you'll be out the door in 12 months as we never really wanted you. I'm sure if you are the favourite son list manager or Patrick Cripps with job security it feels like a great culture, for half your list on a revolving door policy it probably doesn't...

Those things don't line up to me, and it seems to reflect in the club's performance over a long period.

Haven't seen him sook openly about GWS' culture...

Carlton have 6 spoons and 2 second bottom finishes in the last 15 years, good culture though...

'Stick fat' with us but you'll be out the door in 12 months as we never really wanted you. I'm sure if you are the favourite son list manager or Patrick Cripps with job security it feels like a great culture, for half your list on a revolving door policy it probably doesn't...

Those things don't line up to me, and it seems to reflect in the club's performance over a long period.

Because he got games with GWS but then was rudely shocked that he couldn't get games with us - unfortunately a guy with such poor foot skills has no insight into his own football limitations.

Don't blur the messages. All players who came in were told exactly what there role was however they were given an opportunity to extend their AFL careers if they took that opportunity. For example at the start of last season Liam Jones was gone, change of approach which he took on board and he was given a contract extension.

Your being very choosey and incorrect in how you assess culture I think. Our huge list changes have occurred during the last three years and our problems since 2002 have been varied and compounding. You do understand that all clubs have probably have a third of their list up for contract renewal each year. Agree that those on long term deals are always going to be happier than most which is the same with all clubs.

How is the crow culture? They really displayed good empathy and mindfulness to Jake last year didn't they?

Because he got games with GWS but then was rudely shocked that he couldn't get games with us - unfortunately a guy with such poor foot skills has no insight into his own football limitations.

Don't blur the messages. All players who came in were told exactly what there role was however they were given an opportunity to extend their AFL careers if they took that opportunity. For example at the start of last season Liam Jones was gone, change of approach which he took on board and he was given a contract extension.

Your being very choosey and incorrect in how you assess culture I think. Our huge list changes have occurred during the last three years and our problems since 2002 have been varied and compounding. You do understand that all clubs have probably have a third of their list up for contract renewal each year. Agree that those on long term deals are always going to be happier than most which is the same with all clubs.

How is the crow culture? They really displayed good empathy and mindfulness to Jake last year didn't they?

AFC over the same period has a lowest finish of 14th with 10 finals appearances, continually developing talent even having a period of draft sanctions and losing star after star. That to me suggest their culture is strong and not tied to one or 2 key individuals ego.

AFC over the same period has a lowest finish of 14th with 10 finals appearances, continually developing talent even having a period of draft sanctions and losing star after star. That to me suggest their culture is strong and not tied to one or 2 key individuals ego.
No doubt they have been performed better than us however why do so many crows choose to leave. Some believe this is one metric of assessing club culture which may mean there are issues at AFC land.

No doubt they have been performed better than us however why do so many crows choose to leave. Some believe this is one metric of assessing club culture which may mean there are issues at AFC land.
Yet Rory Sloane Vic Richard Douglas Vic and Tom Lynch Vic all signed on.

You really aren't good at this internet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we offered him $600,000 of culture and empathy. Jake chose $800,000 of Melbournes culture
Was more thinking about how he performed after his teammates led by the texan allegedly turned on him. In a good mindful empathetic environment the decision would have been accepted and Jake encouraged to perform at his best.

Thought SOS handled himself very well. Explained his list moves very bluntly. Not sure how some those recruits would appreciate being described (accurately) as VFL players. But good to hear less spin and more truth.

Sat Caro back on her heels which is rare. Her not calling him back after he called her after she called him a 'henchman' in the CEO sacking was weak. She didn't even issue the usual denials.

The Sounding Board gave the points to SOS. Although with both of those guys their views seem very personal agenda driven at times.

Kudos to SOS, who has never struck me as the most articulate of.guys, putting his case well. He stopped Caro interrupting at.one pont with a just a look which was very impressive.

SOS' drive by on Lloyd being compromised by the fact his brother is doing SOS' job at Freo was gold as well.

Also respect Carlton for owning their failure and not squealing for PPs say like Melbourne did.

Still hate Carlton though.

It was your bloke who complained of multiple stars leaving the AFC, so who might he be referring to then hey?

Didn't complain just pointing out culture is deeper than individuals, and at an organisation with good culture e.g. the AFC (your example) it carries on regardless of who is there...

On evidence of performance over a prolonged period the same is true for carlton, personel change, poor development environment & unsuccessful culture remains. Has sos or bolts changed this? They can 'stick fat' all they want nothing appears to have changed form external view point yet and they appear set to continue on the eternal rebuild...

Categorising players he recruited in an unflattering way to excuse his poor decisions probably doesn't help morale or culture.

Didn't complain just pointing out culture is deeper than individuals, and at an organisation with good culture e.g. the AFC (your example) it carries on regardless of who is there...

On evidence of performance over a prolonged period the same is true for carlton, personel change, poor development environment & unsuccessful culture remains. Has sos or bolts changed this? They can 'stick fat' all they want nothing appears to have changed form external view point yet and they appear set to continue on the eternal rebuild...

Categorising players he recruited in an unflattering way to excuse his poor decisions probably doesn't help morale or culture.
Firstly i was responding to your Grey Crow colleague and noting that you have stated that star after star has left the AFC.

My point is that players leaving a club is one metric by which you can judge culture. As you pointed out star after star has departed the AFC so clearly I question the overall culture at AFC. Who are those players your referring to by the way? Yes you have had more success in recent times however it was not because of better culture.

Our failures have been caused by a number of compounding problems commencing in 2002. Not necessarily caused by poor culture though we have had a couple of flare ups bur rather poor appointments and primarily poor recruiting from 2008 to 2014.

Your again incorrect re our rebuild. This is the first full rebuild we have undertaken and we all understand it will take time.

You cant deny that the treatment of Lever and lead by the Texan was disgraceful. Can you imagine the tigers behaving in that sort of way? What did really happen with those camps lead by Collective Minds?

Finally what makes you think SOS was referring to guys currently on the list. All clubs fully explain why guys are recruited and some of them have roles to be a backup who if they play well may get a game. Think Drew Petrie and Jonathan Giles as two recent examples.

Firstly i was responding to your Grey Crow colleague and noting that you have stated that star after star has left the AFC.

My point is that players leaving a club is one metric by which you can judge culture. As you pointed out star after star has departed the AFC so clearly I question the overall culture at AFC. Who are those players your referring to by the way? Yes you have had more success in recent times however it was not because of better culture.

Our failures have been caused by a number of compounding problems commencing in 2002. Not necessarily caused by poor culture though we have had a couple of flare ups bur rather poor appointments and primarily poor recruiting from 2008 to 2014.

Your again incorrect re our rebuild. This is the first full rebuild we have undertaken and we all understand it will take time.

You cant deny that the treatment of Lever and lead by the Texan was disgraceful. Can you imagine the tigers behaving in that sort of way? What did really happen with those camps lead by Collective Minds?

Finally what makes you think SOS was referring to guys currently on the list. All clubs fully explain why guys are recruited and some of them have roles to be a backup who if they play well may get a game. Think Drew Petrie and Jonathan Giles as two recent examples.

Interesting that you have concerns about how Tex may have treated one player and how that speaks of a club's culture compared to a list manager separating himself from failed acquisitions and a generation of wasted talent at carlton...

Anyway im sure it will all turn around miraculously some time in the next 15 years.

Interesting that you have concerns about how Tex may have treated one player and how that speaks of a club's culture compared to a list manager separating himself from failed acquisitions and a generation of wasted talent at carlton...

Anyway im sure it will all turn around miraculously some time in the next 15 years.
Not just the treatment of Jake L also the departure of Star after star, collective minds and now poor old Curtly Hampton whose spirit was so broken he quit.

Perhaps CARO can investigate this on the next FC.

If SOS had been in charge for the last generation do u really believe he would still be there?

Not just the treatment of Jake L also the departure of Star after star, collective minds and now poor old Curtly Hampton whose spirit was so broken he quit.

Perhaps CARO can investigate this on the next FC.

If SOS had been in charge for the last generation do u really believe he would still be there?
Time to stop trolling the thread.

Get back to FootyClassified stuff

Time to stop trolling the thread.

Get back to FootyClassified stuff

Mate I was responding to both you and your crows mate which brought into question the issue of Carltons culture. Im stating its not bad and compared it yours to demonstrate that its not 100% guaranteed to link playing performance to culture ie you can be rubbish at a point in time and still have a good culture.

Not trolling just debating and like I said this topic should be on FC.

Sat Caro back on her heels which is rare. Her not calling him back after he called her after she called him a 'henchman' in the CEO sacking was weak. She didn't even issue the usual denials.

On 3AW Caro tried to argue that ‘henchman’ can be a compliment as well as a putdown. Spare me.

Her unwillingness to fully accept responsibility when she stuffs up is one of her biggest failings (e.g. on Monday’s show when confronted with her Sloane-to-Victoria error she had to state the irrelevant info that they got which station she said it on wrong).

Also said she didn’t call SOS back because she was upset about the lies she had been told by Carlton over the Trigg saga; this hasn’t been one of her finest weeks.

On 3AW Caro tried to argue that ‘henchman’ can be a compliment as well as a putdown. Spare me.

Her unwillingness to fully accept responsibility when she stuffs up is one of her biggest failings (e.g. on Monday’s show when confronted with her Sloane-to-Victoria error she had to state the irrelevant info that they got which station she said it on wrong).

Also said she didn’t call SOS back because she was upset about the lies she had been told by Carlton over the Trigg saga; this hasn’t been one of her finest weeks.

SOS owned her. And because the interview was in front of witnesses, SOS' behaviour was clearly above board so she couldn't claim sexism, boys club, AFL misogyny, etc which is her usual get out of jail free card.

Mate I was responding to both you and your crows mate which brought into question the issue of Carltons culture. Im stating its not bad and compared it yours to demonstrate that its not 100% guaranteed to link playing performance to culture ie you can be rubbish at a point in time and still have a good culture.

Not trolling just debating and like I said this topic should be on FC.
I never mentioned your culture.

That is a troll. None of that is correct at all.

And we are done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back