FTA-TV Footy Classified

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
On the closing cook tonight what comments was Caro referring to in regards to Aka's appearance on the Front Bar?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
On the closing cook tonight what comments was Caro referring to in regards to Aka's appearance on the Front Bar?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Here's the interview.....I'm not sure on the comments. Perhaps when he labels the golf club people as small minded or simple minded? Seems like a reach

Crusey

Team Captain
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He was sacked from a radio segment on an indigenous radio station for calling his shows producers monkeys

WeMissYouMarkCoughlan

Senior List
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
He was sacked from a radio segment on an indigenous radio station for calling his shows producers monkeys

Yeah he was recalling a comment he made which he probably shouldn’t of brought back up. Was a bit awkward for a moment and the front bar boys moved on with it as quick as they could. I believe its been cut out of the video Channel 7 posted of the interview.

Caro did have a point though, if it was the footy show it would of been in the headlines all week

Crusey

Team Captain
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He recalled the incident when asked about it

Think Caro was upset that he was fairly casual in the way he discussed it and didnt think it was racial at all

Wait, so were these comments made on the front bar?

Edit: aha, edited out of the footage

Yes

Edit: As passed on to me - >>>>>

He gets asked why he was sacked from the radio station by Sam Pang and he says "I tried to get an extra half an hour and I said let's try to get these monkeys upstairs to change their mind. It's an aboriginal station, they were NIRS and they took offence to that", to this Molloy says "you can understand why". He didn't call them monkeys again or call them monkeys, he was referring to what he had done wrong after being asked. Nice one Carro, he did something 14 years ago and you can still criticise him for that but you're wrong here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
Wow, Judd went after Caro right out of the gate last night.
What I don't understand is her saying that the president should be doing more press (insinuating that he was hiding), when he seemingly gave an interview to both major newspapers (he was in the headlines segment later in the show in the age)

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
What I don't understand is her saying that the president should be doing more press (insinuating that he was hiding), when he seemingly gave an interview to both major newspapers (he was in the headlines segment later in the show in the age)

He's probably hiding from her and who wouldn't. Look up sour in the dictionary and there's her picture.

'That person should be sacked and if they're not I want the person who employs that person sacked...and so on'

Yes

Edit: As passed on to me - >>>>>

He gets asked why he was sacked from the radio station by Sam Pang and he says "I tried to get an extra half an hour and I said let's try to get these monkeys upstairs to change their mind. It's an aboriginal station, they were NIRS and they took offence to that", to this Molloy says "you can understand why". He didn't call them monkeys again or call them monkeys, he was referring to what he had done wrong after being asked. Nice one Carro, he did something 14 years ago and you can still criticise him for that but you're wrong here.
It was actually quite s**t of her to say Aker made racist comments on The Front Bar ..... which was a slanderous lie. Then she said she wouldn't repeat what he said as it was too offensive with indigenous round coming up.
Maybe it's a positive to look at incidents from the past that were seen to be offensive and appreciate that things have changed.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Might have to watch tonight.
Came to post the same thiung

See Judd get all defensive and smarmy again

Hope he announces his resignation from the Board on the show

Back