FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

I've enjoyed watching Footy Classified regularly from its inception till the end of last year. But I'd given up on it this year as it seemed to be spinning its wheels a bit (wasn't a great fan of Judd on the panel either) but I decided to have a look at it tonight after the Bolton sacking.

And tonight's show only solidified my view of it. As others have already predicted here, Judd was his smarmy, assertive self in the face of predictable questioning and criticism and it was all pretty predictable elsewhere.

Was a lot of fun to watch for years as the shameless trashy TV show that it was but I reckon it's run its race.

They played a clip from 'On the Couch' of Lyon basically stating that Judd needs to share some of the blame/accountability for the Bolton fiasco and he said in response something like 'I don't hold Garry Lyon as a shining light in the way I should act'
Happily accepted a paycheck from Pratt though.

I think he mentioned that right afterwards actually, or something like 'I grew up loving him'. I don't see the issue with what Judd said anyway

Neither of them are paragons of virtue....Mr bowling-ball head with his Chicken-wing-ding, eye-gouging on the field; & Mr hair-mat doing his best buddy & work-colleagues' missus off it.

I think he mentioned that right afterwards actually, or something like 'I grew up loving him'. I don't see the issue with what Judd said anyway
What's wrong with it is that it was low hanging fruit that was completely unnecessary and unrelated to the topic. Lyon actually had a point in critiquing Judd's ability to be an administrator at Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's wrong with it is that it was low hanging fruit that was completely unnecessary and unrelated to the topic. Lyon actually had a point in critiquing Judd's ability to be an administrator at Carlton.

Agree. I suspect this is partly because he's been treated like royalty since his AFL career started and (mainly because he was such a good player) he never had to get much direct criticism from coaches or peers.

That's all fine when he was a top player, but he's in a pivotal footy admin role now and a record so far that's pretty underwhelming. He should be facing some tough questioning about his role in this mess at the very least but if he's going to react like that it's not a good sign for the club.

Should also add that his repeated statement that he's answerable to the members is complete nonsense. What can a disgruntled individual member do if they're unhappy with Judd or the club leadership in general? Basically nothing and Judd knows it. I get the sense he knows he has enormous power there and the Carlton admin wouldn't dare move him out because of the fallout that would occur.

If Carlton didn't trade for Judd they would be better on and off the field. You'll never hear a Blues supporter say this because Judd is the best thing they've had since Kouta and '95

Both the Judd trade & the Malthouse appointments sent Carlton reeling back to the cellar again immediately thereafter....And all because they Were still looking for the quickie fix in a system Where quickie fixes no longer work….Old habits die hard.

Both the Judd trade & the Malthouse appointments sent Carlton reeling back to the cellar again immediately thereafter....And all because they Were still looking for the quickie fix in a system Where quickie fixes no longer work….Old habits die hard.

Carlton

2005 : 4-17-1
2006 : 3-18-1
2007 : 4-18
Judd arrived
2008 : 10-12
2009 : 13-9 (+ finals)
2010 : 11-11 (+ finals)
2011 : 14-7-1 (+finals)
2012 : 11-11
Malthouse arrived
2013 : 11-11 (+finals from 9th)
2014 : 7-14-1
2015 : 4-18

You must have a different definition of immediately to me although I will say they should have stayed with Ratten rather than chase Malthouse

Carlton

2005 : 4-17-1
2006 : 3-18-1
2007 : 4-18
Judd arrived
2008 : 10-12
2009 : 13-9 (+ finals)
2010 : 11-11 (+ finals)
2011 : 14-7-1 (+finals)
2012 : 11-11
Malthouse arrived
2013 : 11-11 (+finals from 9th)
2014 : 7-14-1
2015 : 4-18

You must have a different definition of immediately to me although I will say they should have stayed with Ratten rather than chase Malthouse

Judd left as a Wooden-spooner…..That's hardly a healthy legacy to leave behind.....Malthouse arrived via the same mind-set & philosophy on the part of the board.

Also, lets not leave out 2016, 2017 & 2018...…And those faux finals years Were never going to lead to anything substantive, other than a fleeting September appearance.....Lets face it, this century has been an unmitigated disaster for Carlton.

They want to piggyback off the origin viewers. Would have worked better if it wasn’t a non contest with a nauseating hour long post game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back