FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

I watch Footy Classified possibly three times a year. I watched the first 20 minutes of last night's episode on the back of social media talk about Eddie and Caro's tiff.

I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it was perhaps the most unprofessional and selfish segment I've seen on commercial TV. On the other hand, it was hugely enjoyable to watch two egomaniacs who detest each other slug it out while observing physical distancing. All because their chosen field of navel-gazing has collapsed in a heap.

Are Collingwood's books in worst shape than Eddie has previously made out?

But Eddie is right because if there was a run on clubs then several clubs would be in real trouble but the line of credit should help them but they really shouldn't be looking to use it unless they really need too.

All the clubs will be fine (not that they're run as true member organisations, anyway). Between the ongoing community obsession for professional footy and the AFL having collateral to guarantee major loans, they'll be back to a full 18-team competition as soon as is possible.

It's everything else that sits below the AFL that will bear the brunt of COVID-caused cutbacks.

All the clubs will be fine (not that they're run as true member organisations, anyway). Between the ongoing community obsession for professional footy and the AFL having collateral to guarantee major loans, they'll be back to a full 18-team competition as soon as is possible.

It's everything else that sits below the AFL that will bear the brunt of COVID-caused cutbacks.

Just like in the 1990s recession when many clubs folded or merged and the VFA all but disappeared.

Just like in the 1990s recession when many clubs folded or merged and the VFA all but disappeared.

Yeah. We've already seen the Preston Bullants/Northern Blues close up.

Local footy won from the decimation of state leagues in the late 1980s/early 1990s, but I reckon it will be brutal trying to get many suburban and country leagues operating smoothly once they emerge from hibernation. The pressure to survive is massive on small businesses and sole traders - the financial backbone of local clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would back her footy nous ahead of you anytime.
If you’re talking about the muckraking, gutter crawling, scuttlebutt side of things: sure. Wilson has no peer.

If on the hand you’re talking about actual football knowledge. You know, the on field action. Then I would back Rod Stroker every day of the week.

If you’re talking about the muckraking, gutter crawling, scuttlebutt side of things: sure. Wilson has no peer.

If on the hand you’re talking about actual football knowledge. You know, the on field action. Then I would back Rod Stroker every day of the week.
Oh you poor thing, do another Hamstring at the old Holden Centre or another cracked nail?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back