FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m afraid, I just can’t watch it with Eddie on it. I can’t deal with biased egotistical blowhards. Buffoonery at the highest level.
The Boys Club by Mick Warner describes him perfectly.

He's only stuck himself in there to stop Caro going after Collingwood. Instead she's left with the slops which is the Hawthorn half-story.

No offence PM, but he’s clearly pulling strings in the background.
With respect to the current board, he fell out with most of them.

In regards to Jeff Browne pushing for the presidency, it wouldn't surprise me if he's involved behind the scenes despite the public denials.

Just amazed it's taken till now for so many people to find the Eddie Wednesday show intolerable.

I only lasted a couple of shows last year because of his boorishness and arrogance.

And fwiw, wouldn't surprise at all if he returned as Pies president. It's been less than six months since he was humiliatingly forced out and already that's been memory-holed and the media is treating him like the saviour of keeping the GF in Melbourne.

Just amazed it's taken till now for so many people to find the Eddie Wednesday show intolerable.

He’s gotten significantly worse to be fair.
His style is just raise the voice, talk over and bulldoze people.

I’m surprised the other panel members don’t stick up to him more.

He’s gotten significantly worse to be fair.
His style is just raise the voice, talk over and bulldoze people.

I’m surprised the other panel members don’t stick up to him more.
Matty Lloyd does sometimes and usually brings a bit of sense to the discussion but he isn't overly loud/confrontational or a 'bulldozer' as you put it so can get drowned out by Eddie just charging through.

It's hard to "discuss" (argue) when every 2nd word is being cut off

"Just let me say this..."

I only lasted a couple of shows last year because of his boorishness and arrogance.

And fwiw, wouldn't surprise at all if he returned as Pies president. It's been less than six months since he was humiliatingly forced out and already that's been memory-holed and the media is treating him like the saviour of keeping the GF in Melbourne.
Has gotten worse since he resigned from the presidency.

How on earth can you think could return as president by the board who sacked him?
And one of his best mates is challenging.

He left the place in a shambles.
He's no chance.

Caro should be feeling smug on the next episode of Footy Classified

Always smug anyway , hardly right.

Won't own up to the stuff she's got wrong but yep, muckrakers gonna muckrake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When push comes to shove, on controversial topics that a journalist would meed to thoroughly research and fact-check, Caro puts her journalism responsibilities ahead of her relationship with clubs or anyone in football. Few others do the same. I respect her.

When push comes to shove, on controversial topics that a journalist would meed to thoroughly research and fact-check, Caro puts her journalism responsibilities ahead of her relationship with clubs or anyone in football. Few others do the same. I respect her.
And not obsessed by being first which is lovely. Takes that extra time to check sources and find more context.

Caro and McClure keep bringing up Chris Scott as someone who could leave the cats at the end of this yesr

Caro should be feeling smug on the next episode of Footy Classified

Not as much as McClure. The guy actually put together and aired a package of people strongly doubting him on 3AW. He acts like he just broke the story of paedophilia being rife in the Catholic church. Can't stand him. Probably what shits me the most about what Hawthorn have done. We've made sports journos feel good.

Last edited:
Remember when Eddie responded to a question about Port wearing the bars with 'haha, no, no comment from me, but I'll say this...'

Then proceeded to spend two minutes commenting on it?

That's his and only method on footy classified.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

That was awkward, he started talking like he was still Collingwood President. Er, it's not your fight anymore Ed.

Does anyone else enjoy that little animation for "Close Checking", that has Kane Cornes chasing Patrick Cripps, then Tex Walker, then Damian Hardwick, all to a weird clip-clop sound effect?
Maybe it's just me, but I get a juvenile chuckle out of that every time.

Does anyone else enjoy that little animation for "Close Checking", that has Kane Cornes chasing Patrick Cripps, then Tex Walker, then Damian Hardwick, all to a weird clip-clop sound effect?
Maybe it's just me, but I get a juvenile chuckle out of that every time.
How about Lloyds, sorry , Llordo’s closing cook ? Looks a little disturbing what he has on the hot plate. And when did he go from Lloydy to Llordo ? s**t change of nickname.

Last edited:
I am a fan of "Llordo" - mainly because he was my favourite player growing up. But what irks me about him is how far he's tried to distance himself from Essendon as a club, especially since the saga and our general shitness for the last 10+ years.

Didn't want to support and stick up for the club at its low, but would happily jump back on the bandwagon when (and if) we start winning again. He might even get his intro changed from 5 time AA to Essendon Champion Forward or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back