FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane Cornes on Scott's complaints: "Whinge Bingo". :)

Looking forward to McGuire's whinge tonight on being barred from WA.

We have had a preview of Ed's reasoning:
“I put in my application for one person, it was rejected electronically, we had been speaking to everyone from Channel 9 to Crown to Fox Footy to the WA Tourism to the Premier’s department and it ended up getting to the WA Police Chief who put the cross there,” he said.

1) Rejected electronically: How dare they use electronic communication! Ed's a celebrity don't ya know.
2) We had been speaking to everyone: So if "we" are talking to CH9, and Fox Footy etc, then who is "we"? Is it the royal "we"?
3) Crown: Crown!!?!? Remember that shameful time he had Demetriou on the show? Eddies sniffing around the Crown carcass for some reason.
4) The WA Police Chief: It was the coppers who decided to give Eddie the flick. How very apt.

We have had a preview of Ed's reasoning:
“I put in my application for one person, it was rejected electronically, we had been speaking to everyone from Channel 9 to Crown to Fox Footy to the WA Tourism to the Premier’s department and it ended up getting to the WA Police Chief who put the cross there,” he said.

1) Rejected electronically: How dare they use electronic communication! Ed's a celebrity don't ya know.
2) We had been speaking to everyone: So if "we" are talking to CH9, and Fox Footy etc, then who is "we"? Is it the royal "we"?
3) Crown: Crown!!?!? Remember that shameful time he had Demetriou on the show? Eddies sniffing around the Crown carcass for some reason.
4) The WA Police Chief: It was the coppers who decided to give Eddie the flick. How very apt.

great post

Fox Footy don't do any coverage for the grand final that can't be done in a studio.
This is a Grand Final. They normally do a full day broadcast from the MCG carpark, interviewing past players, fans going to the game, have competitions etc. Why wouldn't the same apply for Optus Stadium?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a Grand Final. They normally do a full day broadcast from the MCG carpark, interviewing past players, fans going to the game, have competitions etc. Why wouldn't the same apply for Optus Stadium?
Because they're not broadcasting the game. It's unnecessary for them to be there in a time where only necessary people are granted entry.

I find it strange that any AFL journo is aloud in from the east states. I mean, isn't this why we have journos and commentators in Perth? Why is it essential that Victorian pundits get in? I can understand channel 7 as they are broadcasting, but don't see it necessary for anyone else.

Just using Eddie to make it look like they're doing their job.

Just like the Super Bowl, the Grand Final is not about the fans or the locals. It's a massive party for the establishment, the sponsors, the league boffins etc. All the schmoozing that is done at the myriad of events the will be held. McGuire in a big member of the boys club. Of course he has to be there. Its the whole point of it. He can do his job from the studio, but what fun is that? The entitlement of the AFL and its media...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back