deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Eddie looking seriously deflated on the intro.

Should there be a minutes silence at the Grand final for Ed the ego if he cannot attend...?

Perhaps if he had simply ticked the box seeking your acknowledgment and agreement for the mandatory 14-day quarantine, instead of seeking exemption for his planned 'media commitments' - he would of been approved...?

Last edited:

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Perhaps if he had simply ticked the box seeking your acknowledgment and agreement for the mandatory 14-day quarantine, instead of seeking exemption for his planned 'media commitments' - he would of been approved...?
When did he say he was seeking to avoid the 14 day quarantine period? As he pointed out he could go to Tasmania for the next 14 days then fly straight into Perth if he wanted to. It's just political grandstanding by McGowan.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
When did he say he was seeking to avoid the 14 day quarantine period? As he pointed out he could go to Tasmania for the next 14 days then fly straight into Perth if he wanted to. It's just political grandstanding by McGowan.
The decision wasn't made by the premier.

If there was any grandstanding, it was by McGuire.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania

At the risk of protracting a debate, Ed rarely says anything that is not in Ed's favour..!

As he has clearly stated, his intention upon his arrival in WA was to undertake several media commitments including; Millionaire Hotpot, a possible pre-GF Footy Show, TV promotional work with WA tourism and other.

How the hell would Ed be able prepare and/or undertake any of this being locked up in a hotel room for 14 days..? This makes his Tassie suggestion even sound more ridiculous - but that's what he excels at, spin..!!!

And the 'rumour' of him declaring his two sons (both Uni students) as 'employees of JamTV', would be at the very least be a false declaration..!

Last edited:
This is a Grand Final. They normally do a full day broadcast from the MCG carpark, interviewing past players, fans going to the game, have competitions etc. Why wouldn't the same apply for Optus Stadium?
Surely Adam Papalia, Garry Lyon and Matthew Pavlich can manage the 'on-site' stuff?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just like the Super Bowl, the Grand Final is not about the fans or the locals. It's a massive party for the establishment, the sponsors, the league boffins etc. All the schmoozing that is done at the myriad of events the will be held. McGuire in a big member of the boys club. Of course he has to be there. Its the whole point of it. He can do his job from the studio, but what fun is that? The entitlement of the AFL and its media...

I'll never forget when I watched it and they were bringing the superbowl trophy onto the ground through the crowd of journos. All of them started touching it, which I found strange, but who from Australia did I spot putting his hand on it... Hutchy.

Hopefully we never let the media think they're that special.

Frappe

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
I find it strange that any AFL journo is aloud in from the east states. I mean, isn't this why we have journos and commentators in Perth? Why is it essential that Victorian pundits get in? I can understand channel 7 as they are broadcasting, but don't see it necessary for anyone else.

Just using Eddie to make it look like they're doing their job.

Are you hinting at a Zempilas-Gossage led commentary?

Lyon this morning on SEN said he went through the process.

Clearly the WA govt's hoops were not large enough for McGuire's hubris enlarged noggin to fit through. Good on them.

Back