FTA-TV Footy Classified

So why is Garry Lyon allowed in?

Followed the process. Said he had applied some time ago.

McGuire fwiw is a secondary commentator on Fox these days.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Seriously if Hutchy was president of a club, they'd be broke within years. Pay Clarko 2 million (which was rumoured) to go on a holiday for a year, while an assistant coach does the role for one year, on back of having to pay out Teague. It's no wonder SEN has gone to s#$t.

yamborghinidream

Metal Gear Solid
Apr 14, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
WAFL

These news crosses are all time haha, reminds me of the Eddie one pleading for members not to make a 'run on the clubs'

Can barely keep the smirks off their faces. Good theatre.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
These Wednesday night episodes are ruined every week by Ed taking over every segment, he just buts in whenever he wants and then rambles on until he throws to the next ad break. Does my head in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, having seen an actual running sheet for FC about 5 years ago, (main reason I stopped watching FC regularly) it's hard to believe how unstructured the show can appear when Ed gets a head of steam up - or perhaps this running sheet was prior to Ed's JamTV acquiring the production rights...?

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep, having seen an actual running sheet for FC about 5 years ago, (main reason I stopped watching FC regularly) it's hard to believe how unstructured the show can appear when Ed gets a head of steam up - or perhaps this running sheet was prior to Ed's JamTV acquiring the production rights...?
But Wednesday Classified didn't exist five years ago. That distinction is relevant as Monday and Wednesday's shows are intentionally different; the former being review-based, the latter largely long-form, issues-based discussions.

Last edited:
What’s with their suits? Whoever supplies them are terrible. Never fit. Sleeve lengths way too short. Horrible colours. Bad cuts.

I remember the old Footy Show days were dressed by Peter Jackson. At least they were half reasonable. These look like the budget suit warehouse. We’ve got bargains bargains bargains.
Worse when Kane is in SA, his jacket always seems way too big as if it's Warren Tredrea's or another taller channel 9 persons.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Well done Kano, don’t single out any Port players like you did with Treloar

Rozee was ******* dreadful all night and I’m not sure Fantasia even turned up

What a ******* muppet

Yep, but Rozee's relatively quiet game was nothing compared to the ineffectual 6 disposal totals of; Powell-Pepper, Fantasia and Motlop...!

Players aside, not sure how Cornes ignores the fact Hinkley got his pants pulled down by Beveridge in the coaches box - for one thing, just allowing Macrae to gather 36 disposals was a real head scratcher...?

Last edited:

Clark G

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep, but Rozee's relatively quiet game was nothing compared to the ineffectual 6 disposal totals of; Powell-Pepper, Fantasia and Motlop...!

Players aside, not sure how Cornes ignores the fact Hinkley got his pants pulled down by Beveridge in the coaches box - for one thing, just allowing Macrae to gather 36 disposals was a real head scratcher...?

A bit harsh considering he was the sub.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Wednesday night show is now superior to Monday now, due to the fact of having 2 of the 4 pundits on a feed (a delayed one too which in 2021, seems ridiculous).

As for Cornes, how he can claim that he would be proven right of his Bulldogs "choke" comments if they don't win the flag is laughable. He wasn't the only one that made them, but he is the only one that is defending them.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
The Wednesday night show is now superior to Monday now, due to the fact of having 2 of the 4 pundits on a feed (a delayed one too which in 2021, seems ridiculous).

As for Cornes, how he can claim that he would be proven right of his Bulldogs "choke" comments if they don't win the flag is laughable. He wasn't the only one that made them, but he is the only one that is defending them.
Can't agree.

The Wednesday night show is pretty much unwatchable now.

Wish someone would tell Ed the role of the host is to guide the show and make sure
things run on time etc.
Not to over talk and dominate every topic.

To be fair. A lot of coaches have been left scratching their head trying to stop Macrae racking them up week after week.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can't agree.

The Wednesday night show is pretty much unwatchable now.

Wish someone would tell Ed the role of the host is to guide the show and make sure
things run on time etc.
Not to over talk and dominate every topic.

I reckon he hasn't been as bad the last month or so and the Ross Lyon to Carlton saga has probably made it better. But I just think the Monday night one is suffering with 2 of them not there, especially the host!

Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Not sure how you can say a team like the Bulldogs could "choke" if they lose a Grand Final. Most Dogs supporters would have been content with a prelim final (before we went to s**t in rounds 21-23). Ridiculous for Cornes to keep hashing the point that he "doesn't mind when he's wrong" yet will refuse to admit so even when you can't call potentially losing a GF a "choke".

Back