News Footy Department Changes and News Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong whisper that a recently retired ex-Crow utility will be joining the club in a coaching capacity.
Overheard Hardie talking about a new assistant being brought in with no coach.

Andy Ottens (2019)
Sam Gibson (2018)
Scott Thompson (2017)
Sam shaw (2016)
Matthew Jaensch (2016)
Nathan Van Berlo (2016) - with West Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now there are players like Chris Mayne at Collingwood, Matt de Boer at Greater Western Sydney and Hayden Crozier at the Western Bulldogs (all three played in finals this year, with Mayne and de Boer’s teams still alive).
But before this trio there was another.
His name is James Clement.
A fierce defender with a super-smart footy IQ, he was considered an all-round top person and future leader when he left the club to join Collingwood for the 2001 season.

Because the Ferret hears he could be back at the club.
It’s my understanding that the Dockers are definitely including Clement, pictured, in what has become a more-gruelling-than-planned search for a new chief executive.

According to his LinkedIn profile, Clement is an “experienced” financial director with a “demonstrated history of working in the fishing, agribusiness and finance industries”.
“Strong professional background having graduated from La Trobe University, Curtin University and Australian Institute of Company Directors,” it boasts.
He’s been the managing director and chief executive of Shark Bay shellfish producer Mareterram for the past two years.
And he’s been the vice chair of the WA Fishing Industry Council for the past three years.
All good things for an ex-footballer who could end up running a club with the sea in its blood (they are the Dockers after all).
But more importantly, how does the Ferret know he’s got a good shot at the job?
Because apparently the Eagles were sizing him up to possibly replace Trevor “Mr West Coast” Nisbett until he recently decided to extend his role of CEO of the blue and gold for another two years.

Hes head of fitness at AFC at the moment and a very average one at that.

Big Macs has it.
Brett Burton was a less than average "head of fitness" at Brisbane until the end of 2015, when they had all their injuries.

He then went to Adelaide as their "head of fitness" for a year before getting one of the jobs for the bois as head of Football at the end of 2016. He was part of the cover up of the infamous Cult Camp in the media with Pyke and it will be interesting if it comes out how much of contracting Collective Minds debacle was him.

Right now there are players like Chris Mayne at Collingwood, Matt de Boer at Greater Western Sydney and Hayden Crozier at the Western Bulldogs (all three played in finals this year, with Mayne and de Boer’s teams still alive).
But before this trio there was another.
His name is James Clement.
A fierce defender with a super-smart footy IQ, he was considered an all-round top person and future leader when he left the club to join Collingwood for the 2001 season.

Because the Ferret hears he could be back at the club.
It’s my understanding that the Dockers are definitely including Clement, pictured, in what has become a more-gruelling-than-planned search for a new chief executive.

According to his LinkedIn profile, Clement is an “experienced” financial director with a “demonstrated history of working in the fishing, agribusiness and finance industries”.
“Strong professional background having graduated from La Trobe University, Curtin University and Australian Institute of Company Directors,” it boasts.
He’s been the managing director and chief executive of Shark Bay shellfish producer Mareterram for the past two years.
And he’s been the vice chair of the WA Fishing Industry Council for the past three years.
All good things for an ex-footballer who could end up running a club with the sea in its blood (they are the Dockers after all).
But more importantly, how does the Ferret know he’s got a good shot at the job?
Because apparently the Eagles were sizing him up to possibly replace Trevor “Mr West Coast” Nisbett until he recently decided to extend his role of CEO of the blue and gold for another two years.
Nearly forgotten all about jimmy clement.
He was in business with my old man years back.

Nice guy, intelligent and was a Really good footballer. Very underrated.
Ask anyone from Collingwood who had dealings with him have a berry high opinion of him

The decision to let him go to Collingwood was Just another absolute howler By the club .
it’s just with so many other more high profile bungled trades this one (along with trading medhurst to pies aswell) was extremely dumb.

As for his chances at the ceo position I’m not big on hiring former players , just because of the romance idea but jimmy is very switched on , both business and football wise and more importantly if this journo is on the money and WC did indeed consider him as s potential candidate to take over from Teflon trevvie then I’m all on him being shortlisted/given the job.

Plus you can never have too many former Souths boys at the club😉..(well maybe one-sorry spud 😁)

Are there any assistants that you guys would like to target? I think that getting a stronger team in support of the head coach is one of the areas in which we have struggled.
I for one would love to get Jamie Graham in to support the incoming coach (preferably Longmuir)

I can’t see why any current assistant coach would move to us unless they’re coming home or getting a pay increase.

Let’s see who we get as head coach first and that might change things. The new head coach would most likely want to pick his own team too.

Are there any assistants that you guys would like to target? I think that getting a stronger team in support of the head coach is one of the areas in which we have struggled.
I for one would love to get Jamie Graham in to support the incoming coach (preferably Longmuir)
Yeah he’s very highly rated in wc circles. Apparently top bloke too
More than happy for us to ask the question.
Luke Webster too.

Can’t see him going for it but dean Solomon as an assistant coach could be possible, along with josh Carr.

Joel Corey’s another who I’ve always rated(Geelong system) and could potentially lure back being s formwr wa boy.

I could fathom sumich (rate him as s coach , just no where near HC duties) would be good for peel/development coach(also might mean we actually start taking a hard look at players in our own backyard) but that’s it and not sure he’s ego would allow him to take such a role

They’re are quite a few others I’d like but as with players , it’s even harder to attract sought after assistants if they don’t have any links from wa.

Our best chance with here is identifying them as potential coaches and then nabbing them straight out of retirement, ala Hale.

However as we’ve seen with the likes of hodge, Mitchell , McVeigh etc even the high profile retirees have numerous, more appealing options than uprooting their lives and coming over here

Hey Peter Bell!

I'd like Ash Hansen from the bulldogs please, Luke Hodge would be nice and maybe Don Pyke as a senior assistant to Longmuir ofc! :blush:

That is next year. If he is interested in a coaching director/mentor role and Freo want to appoint someone in this role we will need the role fulfilled for 2020 not 2021. If Woosh isn’t available then too bad we move on. Don Pyke would be good for this role. If Woosh becomes aware that Freo a club from his home state has a role available then the ball is in his court.

This may be all irrelevant if the Club have no interest in a coaching director/support role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back