News Footy Department Changes and News Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sweet babt jeezus, say its so.
Have hime be assistant coach under lyon to integrate into senior coach. I would even consider lyon moving into a director of coaching role.

From the Richmond board it seems like he's going to Essendon.

Probably on the Ratten deal, come over, if we are s**t, the jobs yours. Feel like the Lyon job is a safer bet if that's what he wanted. As many have thought, there might even be a possibility of a set hand over.

We really need to bring at least 1 highly rated assistant from somewhere next year

Probably on the Ratten deal, come over, if we are s**t, the jobs yours. Feel like the Lyon job is a safer bet if that's what he wanted. As many have thought, there might even be a possibility of a set hand over.

We really need to bring at least 1 highly rated assistant from somewhere next year
Yep that’s the succession plan right there

Got a feeling it’s been in the making for a while (behind closed doors)
The article kinda insinuates that something’s gone on.

I think barring a gf appearance worsfold will be gone within 2 years

Has got a good as cv as you could ask for as an assistant coach.
Even as player was very smart/big game player.

Just have to keep trying.
Who we replace our assistants with is more important and will have more impact than any player we can get in this trade period (well maybe bar cogs but that ain’t happening)

Just have to keep trying.
Who we replace our assistants with is more important and will have more impact than any player we can get in this trade period (well maybe bar cogs but that ain’t happening)
Agree & we can now assume RTB will start the new year as coach, do good assistants out there want to come & work with him? My concern is that RTB does not give his assistants enough responsibility & therefore development to look at going to the next level.
That sort of ambition is what makes the great assistants & I’m not sure whether RTB has ever had an assistant like that.

Rosich’s contract runs out end of this year. These are quotes from when Hawthorn were after him.

"Hawthorn approached me and I advised them that I had a contract here that specifically states I cannot work for another AFL club until at least the end of 2019,"
-Steve Rosich

"Steve was re-contracted at the end of the 2016 season through to end of 2019, and the contract stipulates that he cannot take up a CEO role at another AFL club during that period,"
-Dale Alcock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would only get a highly rated assistant if we can guarantee a top job but we can’t. Ross is coaching next year and unless he quits or things turn pear shaped he’ll coach us in 2021 too.

Agree & we can now assume RTB will start the new year as coach, do good assistants out there want to come & work with him? My concern is that RTB does not give his assistants enough responsibility & therefore development to look at going to the next level.
That sort of ambition is what makes the great assistants & I’m not sure whether RTB has ever had an assistant like that.
Well that notion is the direct opposite of what Fyfe has recently said about RTB and that he has become more of a 'father figure' around the place. RTB has had Brett Kirk, Peter Sumich (ugh), pretty sure they have ambitions just like David Hale does currently. Kirk was always going back to Sydney in a short amount of time yet people roll that out as a negative of RTB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rosich’s contract runs out end of this year. These are quotes from when Hawthorn were after him.

"Hawthorn approached me and I advised them that I had a contract here that specifically states I cannot work for another AFL club until at least the end of 2019,"
-Steve Rosich

"Steve was re-contracted at the end of the 2016 season through to end of 2019, and the contract stipulates that he cannot take up a CEO role at another AFL club during that period,"
-Dale Alcock.

Interesting.. If FFC were to replace Rosich who would we be looking at? Reckon Bell got an extension to curry favour in Rosich's direction?

Rosich only wants to go to AFL House, he doesn't want another GM job, unless it was West Coast, which wouldn't be likely!
He did come from West Coast

You reckon Mark Brayshaw would want the CEO job?

He is currently the CEO of the coaches Association, was a former CEO of Richmond, board member of North and has worked for Fremantle and Port.

That’s a good resume.

You reckon Mark Brayshaw would want the CEO job?

He is currently the CEO of the coaches Association, was a former CEO of Richmond, board member of North and has worked for Fremantle and Port.

That’s a good resume.

Lols, all in on the Brayshaw dynasty

Fremantle 2021

Chief Executive Officer
- Peter Bell

General Manger of Football Operations - Matthew Pavlich

Senior Coach - Justin Longmuir

Defensive Coach - Matt De Boer
Midfield Coach - Josh Carr
Stoppages and Skills - David Mundy
Ruck Coach - Aaron Sandilands
Forwards Coach - Tendai Mzungu

Bring it on!

Fremantle 2021

Chief Executive Officer
- Peter Bell

Bring it on!
Yep, works for me.👍

Fremantle 2021

Chief Executive Officer
- Peter Bell

Bring it on!
So nobody with any actual experience in their designated roles.

Carlton are after Walls.
Didn’t care about losing Lloyd (he ballsed up way more than he fixed) but I actually rate wallsy jr.
Think since he’s been the top dog, last couple years? Our draftings be alright particularly with the lack of 2nd rounders.
Couldn’t see him saying no to Carlton tho

Thought we needed a thread for all things footy department, coaching, strength and conditioning etc. as we all likely see an abundance of announcements over coming weeks and then saw someone recommend a coaching changes thread so thought I’d get to it.

Once home later I’ll add all current positions and most recent news to the OP.

Chief Executive Officer - Steve Rosich - Commenced 2008

FOOTBALL OPERATIONS
General Manger of Football Operations -
Peter Bell - Commenced October 2018 | Recently re-signed until 2022. (Confirmed: Bell 2022 Extension)

COACHING
Senior Coach -
Ross Lyon - Commenced 2012 | Contracted until 2020.

Defensive Coach - Michael Prior - Commenced 2008 | Contracted until 2019.
Midfield Coach - Simon Eastaugh - Commenced 2014? | Contracted until 2019.
Midfield Coach - Anthony Rock - Commenced 2016 | Contracted until 2019.
Forwards Coach - David Hale - Commenced 2016 | Contracted until 2020.

Defensive Development Coach - Roger Hayden - Commenced 2012 | Contracted until..
Forward Development Coach - Brent Guerra - Commenced 2016 | Departing at end of 2019 (Confirmed: Guerra to depart Freo)
Midfield Development Coach - Adam Read - Commenced 2007 (Recruiting role) | Contracted until..

Opposition Analyst - Leigh Montagna - Commenced 2019

Next Gen Academy Coach - Tendai Mzungu - Commenced 2018.

LIST MANAGEMENT AND RECRUITMENT
List Manager -
Mark Micallef - Commenced 2019 | Contracted until 2021?
Head of Recruitment / National Draft Manager - David Walls

STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING/MEDICAL
Sports Science High Performance Manager - Jason Weber -
Strength and Conditioning Coach - Jackson Dennis - Commenced 2015

Club Doctor - Ken Withers - Commenced 1995
Senior Medical Officer - Dr Peter Steele

——-

I know that wouldn’t necessarily be the full teams for Strength and conditioning and list management/recruitment so if anyone else has details on others please let me know and I will add them to the post.

Mzungu and Hayden are probably the only ones I’d keep.

Get rid of the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back