Certified Legendary Thread Footy fan on YouTube embarrasses Channel 7's football analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

You've got to give credit to the guy. He's obviously tried hard to get his name out there and he seems to try his best to will people to subscribe to his channel.

If I was up to video 1500 I'd think man I should just give up because I'm only getting 20 views per video. But Ash isn't like that. He stuck fat through the tough times and only now he is getting the recognition he deserves for his hard work.

As a guy who has IT experience I can tell you that getting your graphics set up like that for a video can take a lot if time, and a fair bit of knowledge is required.

However, he does seem to lack in editing skills, perhaps he could cut out some of his stumbles and have a microphone closer to his voice.

Still, he's the CEO of a business which is not easy I can tell you. Where he finds the time to make these videos I don't know. But I applaud the man hours he has put in and hopefully with a bit more experience and patience he can crack it into the big league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a guy who has IT experience I can tell you that getting your graphics set up like that for a video can take a lot if time, and a fair bit of knowledge is required.

Not necessarily. I've seen that basic setup before on other podcast/web shows. He appears to just be using a template and only basic IT knowledge I'd guess is all you'd need to fill in the gaps. The software suite he's using though (name escapes me) apparently is quite expensive.

3 things I look for in a football preview show:

1. First half of hosts first sentence cut off by intro music. Check.
2. Stating that this game is looking to be a 'very very winnable game for both sides', yet 20 seconds later saying that one team can 'basically nearly put in the book'. Check
3. Subtle fade to black outro. Check

I'm assuming this is a parody in the mould of decker:

If not then I feel truly bad for this post.

Last edited:
Yes I love the Ash 'fade to black' at 1:33...
ash in black.JPG

Also, is it just me or could Ash be groomed to take over Channel 9 news Melbourne when Peter Hitchener finishes?
At the very least get Ash in on the sports report - he'd be far better than Tony Jones.

Not necessarily. I've seen that basic setup before on other podcast/web shows. He appears to just be using a template and only basic IT knowledge I'd guess is all you'd need to fill in the gaps. The software suite he's using though (name escapes me) apparently is quite expensive.
hmmm...it appears you are right, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

How could you have 15 years of IT experience and be the CEO of a company yet use shoddy editing and an expensive software suite?

Also, its bizaare he would spend such a large amount of money on editing, yet seemingly nothing on advertising (or maybe he does). And it would appear all this money is going to waste because he's only getting 10 views per video.

And then in that phone call with Powerball he seemed embarrassed and didn't want to talk about his channel, yet promotes it to the hill and plasters his name all across his website and facebook page.

For someone who is obsessed with the AFL media it also seems strange that he doesn't understand the concept of editing at all. And it seems as though all his videos are done in one take.

I want the guy to succeed and I like some aspects of his videos (the press conference for example), but I just can't figure him out!

hmmm...it appears you are right, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

How could you have 15 years of IT experience and be the CEO of a company yet use shoddy editing and an expensive software suite?

Also, its bizaare he would spend such a large amount of money on editing, yet seemingly nothing on advertising (or maybe he does). And it would appear all this money is going to waste because he's only getting 10 views per video.

And then in that phone call with Powerball he seemed embarrassed and didn't want to talk about his channel, yet promotes it to the hill and plasters his name all across his website and facebook page.

For someone who is obsessed with the AFL media it also seems strange that he doesn't understand the concept of editing at all. And it seems as though all his videos are done in one take.

I want the guy to succeed and I like some aspects of his videos (the press conference for example), but I just can't figure him out!

I'm as close to computer illiterate as someone of my age could be, so I actually look at the virtual studios with a degree of respect. No way I could ever do something of that quality.

My guess is that Ash is a mad AFL fan, potentially on the shy side and with a bit of a sense of humour. There is no way that presser of his was done without a bit of tongue in cheek.

He seems like a decent bloke from that phone call posted earlier and you're right, there's aspects of his videos that are likeable. I just had a quick squizz at some of his Lions and non preview videos this arvy and despite the laughs I got, there's a good little piece of analysis in one of the recent Lions previews. Nothing earth shattering, but correct.

I hope he keeps it going for years. A world with Ash Footy Tv in it is better than one without it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back