Footy fanatic update 2019 july

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy Crap! A New Edition!!!! I've been using the old one for ages to sim my league. :D

I hope he does do another update that opens up the hidden in-game features so we can start to modify the game and perhaps improve it.

This came out of nowhere but I'm glad it did!

Holy Crap! A New Edition!!!! I've been using the old one for ages to sim my league. :D

I hope he does do another update that opens up the hidden in-game features so we can start to modify the game and perhaps improve it.

This came out of nowhere but I'm glad it did!
Don't get too excited, it is literally unplayable.

Oh.... Well, I guess i'll stick to the old one or hope someone makes a new sim that gives me to option to run my own custom league then if it's that buggy.

Though, I seemed to get it to work on my end fine but that's because I did a fresh install for the new version. Everything seemed to work fine from what I tested. I don't know what's going on with your end but it certainly seems to be a problem with most people.

I managed to play a whole season.. Sicily won the Brownlow... but the ratings are whack, hardly any players above 80 rating.

Crashed after 1st season and couldn't continue.

So I'm into my 8th season, absolutely no issues with running the game. The ratings are a bit off, however because of the "FX Points" I've noticed that they flucuate during the season, so by the end of the season (start of next) it's changed enough that it doesn't matter anyway.

So much nostalgia with the game it's worth it. Only issue I have is players aging has a dramatic effect on their overall, to the point where most of my list at the moment is under 27yo.

Aside from that it's still running perfectly.

GWS back to back in 19-20. Collingwood back to back in 21-22. Melbourne currently forming a dynasty winning the last 4 brownlow medals across 3 players and the last 2 rising stars in 24-25.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got through first season, draft, trade week and then crashed. Any chance of it getting fixed? Also didn’t appreciate Jamie McMillan winning the Brownlow...

When you start the game, you need to right click "run as administrator". Otherwise the lists don't update correctly and the game crashes at the beginning of the 2nd season.

Ran into an old bug where every season one or more players contracts don't update or rollover correctly. Think its caused by signing a rookie player to an extension or by signing a player after finals are over but before the trade period starts.....So to anyone playing I advise not doing that.....

Got through to 2024 with Gold Coast playing more as list manager than coach (ie simming all the games), didn't make finals once (although team did improve every season). My first pick (number 2) I drafted a South Aussie who proceeded to play 2 games across his first 2 seasons (Two long term injuries), got homesick so I traded him to Port, where he turned into a superstar and won a Norm Smith. Worse, I passed on a Queenslander who went at pick 8 to Adelaide, that won a brownlow and 2 Media MVPs.

In terms of performance Port were the only team to make 2 grand finals, although being the two most recent ones I imagine there is quite a bit of randomness in that. Essendon seemed very strong (lost grand final to Richmond 2019) and Carlton made the 2020 grand final somehow...

Remember playing this about 15 years ago. Definitely had potential but had a few issues with player development, team building etc. Might download just for a trip down memory lane! Gotta respect probably the only well made AFL sim.

My goodness, it's been over 10 years since I've posted on this site!

But for anyone that's interested I've updated the lists for 2020. http://footyfanatic.net/download.htm

I decided to give it the 'beta' tag as there's only so much I can test myself but hopefully it installs and plays ok for anyone that gives it a go.

You superstar! Hopefully it doesn’t crash after one season (which has been happening on mine!) :(

Has anyone had any luck running the new version on a Mac using Wine? I've been able to install it but can only get the game to open occasionally and even then it throws up numerous error messages and then crashes straight away.

Has anyone had any luck running the new version on a Mac using Wine? I've been able to install it but can only get the game to open occasionally and even then it throws up numerous error messages and then crashes straight away.

Yeah, installing on Mac isn't that easy. I didn't think it was possible until someone contacted me and said how they did it but I haven't tried it myself so must admit I'm not an expert on this.

What I do know, is that as well as installing Wine you have to make sure you use Winetricks as well and then run sh winetricks jet40 from a command line otherwise it's missing database files needed to run the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back