FTA-TV Footy Furnace

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight, Whateley called his ‘furnace’ segment on AFL360 “the original furnace”, so clearly there’s a nose or two out of joint over at Fox Footy and rightly so; it’s a pretty brazen act to take a segment from another network’s show and turn it into a show — with the same title.

It’s so brazen, in fact, that it feels like there’s some animosity behind it.

Tonight, Whateley called his ‘furnace’ segment on AFL360 “the original furnace”, so clearly there’s a nose or two out of joint over at Fox Footy and rightly so; it’s a pretty brazen act to take a segment from another network’s show and turn it into a show — with the same title.

The name of a football segment in a footy talk show - which all rehash the same half a dozen talking points - isn’t exactly the chords to Stairway to heaven is it?

Morris just doesn't know when to STFU and let the people that we watch the show for actually talk.

The hysterically whipping up controversy for the sake of it model is also getting tired fast, so he'll need a new schtick.
It is the same format as Footy Classified. Like Footy Classified, the new show is made by Eddie McGuire's production company (JAM TV).

Also another demonstration of how up themselves and what a bunch of self absorbed w***ers the Melbourne AFL media actially are.

The name of a football segment in a footy talk show - which all rehash the same half a dozen talking points - isn’t exactly the chords to Stairway to heaven is it?
Lol yeah every show and every program on radio just repeat the same thing. I'd know because I listen and watch them for some reason! Imagine listening to SEN all day every day at work. Which I used to. Or even in afl360 into the mid week whatever its called with Jay Clark tonight. May as well have been the same show. Got no issue with it.

Lol yeah every show and every program on radio just repeat the same thing. I'd know because I listen and watch them for some reason! Imagine listening to SEN all day every day at work. Which I used to. Or even in afl360 into the mid week whatever its called with Jay Clark tonight. May as well have been the same show. Got no issue with it.
As I said previously, it’s a crowded market. This show is a step too far.

You could say the same with Talking Footy which is back on Ch7 on Wednesday nights.

If you're already watching First Crack, On The Couch, AFL360 and Footy Classified then you don't need to watch another 2 shows which talk about the same things as those other shows, it's just overkill.

You could say the same with Talking Footy which is back on Ch7 on Wednesday nights.

If you're already watching First Crack, On The Couch, AFL360 and Footy Classified then you don't need to watch another 2 shows which talk about the same things as those other shows, it's just overkill.
Probably a reminder of how small our game is in comparison to other sports around the world. That's why I didn't mind that show on Sundays with pickers talking about the TAC cup. Or the other one talking about suburban and country footy. I think there was Footy SA in South Australia when I lived there which was not bad. Would be nice if there was a show looking at footy from a different angle taking us inside each club facilities talking to some of the lesser known staff. Maybe about how there working week looks to prepare the players.

Yep, ridiculous saturation.

And on a Wednesday night... At that stage of the week it basically needs to be a preview show for the upcoming round, all the issues from the previous week have been done to death.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris hypocrisy tonight talking about Finlayson's homophobic slur and Bartel who had clearly been worded up to put the ball on the tee so Morris could once again tell us just how much he is learning every day (how's about just being a decent human in the first place? It ain't hard).

Last edited:
Watched this for the second time last night. Found it strange when the betting presenter pronounced Gryan Miers’s surname as ‘Mears’ rather than ‘Myers.’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back