Footy in Queensland

Remove this Banner Ad

the confusing thing here is that if RNA Showgrounds was a viable option, why was BHA built out at Springfield in the first place?

Why does it take four years to build a 50k stadium anyway?

Seems very slow to me.

That's Australia. Having been fortunate enough to live overseas and travel a fair bit, it's amazing how long things take to complete here and the cost is so excessive.

You know the 130,000 seat modi stadium in India is almost 3x the size, took the same amount of time to build as the proposed and cost about $150 mill aud. I know it's comparing apples and oranges, but still.

I think a new stadium would be better suited where the showgrounds is anyway but that is only my opinion. Just feels closer to city and valley which would make it easier to walk from a bar in the valley on a Saturday. Just my 2 cents

I think a new stadium would be better suited where the showgrounds is anyway but that is only my opinion. Just feels closer to city and valley which would make it easier to walk from a bar in the valley on a Saturday. Just my 2 cents

Land is privately owned by the RNA (who run the Brisbane Show - The Ekka) and nobody wants to fund the upgrades unfortunately.

meh not as if wollongabba is too far away from the city anyway, although currently its a bit s**t with transport, wiht the new CRR it will make getting around after the footy easy

This was an interesting discussion on sen Q yesterday (which is typically very AFL friendly compared to its Sydney counterpart).

I like Ben Davis, but he was using all the war and invasion crap talk, much of which we usually see out of the Sydney media. I still don't understand how something Australian can actually invade... Australia, yet imported sports that did invade post Australian football being played in QLD (rugby league) get a green light and treated like the indigenous game.

Anyhow, it also has a bit of an interview with Trisha Squires, the head of AFLQ.

It's all very positive the work the afl are doing in QLD, however I'd like to see the AFL keep quite and play down all of this, instead of trumpeting it everywhere. The negative press instigates blocking from the nrl and local governments, it's better to make advances in the background.

The whole first hour is pretty much about this, squires interview is at the 45 min mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back