I’d say it is just you unfortunately, what some don’t see value in others do. It’s just the nature of the hobby

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not knocking the hobby, or the collection, it just seems a high price for that particular jumper

Windy Don

Draftee
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey gang,

I’m after a Michael Hurley Player Issue guernsey, would appreciate it if anyone could help me out

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeh I didn't mean anything by my comments, and im also a huge fan of "here is my asking price" rather than make me an offer I just thought two PI's from middling players in non flag years that might not have even been worn the prices seemed really high. Chick maaaaaaybe you get some die hard Daniel Chick fan, but Hunter?

Anyway, fair play for listing your price, its on the buyers now, good luck to you.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For sale
$300. exactly what they sold for at the Port store
Match worn Trengove Magpies
MAY trade for something i dont have of interest (port Adelaide Power items)

Attachments

• s-l500 (1).jpg
    s-l500 (1).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 83
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 107

StevieJ83

Senior List
Apr 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1 Team
FYI - Hunter is on hold until collected over the weekend. The Chick is looking like it won't last long either. I will not reveal any final sale prices as that is up to the purchaser to disclose.

Since everyone is else is throwing their 2c in, and I have had 12 hours to think over it and not post off the cuff angry comments, it seems really poor form a Moderator is encouraging off topic comments. I stuck by the rules, posted a price and also said I was negotiable. I don't really believe in throwing things up for "Offers" as that generally means to me the seller wants more than it's probably worth and they are too embarrassed to say (personal opinion). If you don't like the price, hands in your pockets and keep walking, or if you genuinely want something then send me a message and make me a counter offer, pretty simple.

In the past I have been more than happy to help other collectors find what they are after, and I have myself enjoyed the helpfulness and generosity of other collectors in obtaining what I was after. I fell this has given me a fair (not perfect) understanding of the market and this has gone into my pricing of the jumpers. I am not going to attach a price to them simply to please a few people on here.

StevieJ83 my apologies if I came across rude, I was just surprised those jumpers have that price tag.
I like the approach of "here is my price" for the record, I just didn't know non-special jumpers could fetch that much

The Black Fox

Debutant
Aug 16, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
FYI - Hunter is on hold until collected over the weekend. The Chick is looking like it won't last long either. I will not reveal any final sale prices as that is up to the purchaser to disclose.

Since everyone is else is throwing their 2c in, and I have had 12 hours to think over it and not post off the cuff angry comments, it seems really poor form a Moderator is encouraging off topic comments. I stuck by the rules, posted a price and also said I was negotiable. I don't really believe in throwing things up for "Offers" as that generally means to me the seller wants more than it's probably worth and they are too embarrassed to say (personal opinion). If you don't like the price, hands in your pockets and keep walking, or if you genuinely want something then send me a message and make me a counter offer, pretty simple.

In the past I have been more than happy to help other collectors find what they are after, and I have myself enjoyed the helpfulness and generosity of other collectors in obtaining what I was after. I fell this has given me a fair (not perfect) understanding of the market and this has gone into my pricing of the jumpers. I am not going to attach a price to them simply to please a few people on here.
Well said, as previously mentioned, Eagles jumpers tend to hold their value well and often sell at a premium, with PI and matchworn supply being hard to come across in recent years. I think the prices were fairly understandable for what they were.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Yeh I didn't mean anything by my comments, and im also a huge fan of "here is my asking price" rather than make me an offer I just thought two PI's from middling players in non flag years that might not have even been worn the prices seemed really high. Chick maaaaaaybe you get some die hard Daniel Chick fan, but Hunter?

Anyway, fair play for listing your price, its on the buyers now, good luck to you.
Hunter and Chick are two premiership heroes tho

They combined for the Smother and goal to win in 06, any Eagles fan will look favourably upon them, in fact that whole 06 team are worshipped over here out west.

Chick's value has taken a dive as he actively bashes the Eagles in public tho

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hunter and Chick are two premiership heroes tho

They combined for the Smother and goal to win in 06, any Eagles fan will look favourably upon them, in fact that whole 06 team are worshipped over here out west.

Chick's value has taken a dive as he actively bashes the Eagles in public tho

Yeh could be true, just giving my logic.

Chokito

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2014
Perth WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats
Need an older Sydney pi from pre 2007 to help me get a Port one, if anyone has anything to sell?

Also happy to look at any port guernseys if you have something to move on. Particularly a 2007 fist guernsey

Windy Don

Draftee
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Clearing out a few nice jumpers, welcome to pm if interested.
Postage will be $10 Express. Photo's below.

2013 Jobe Watson Player Issue and Signed Guernsey - $275
2007 James Hird Player Issue Quality Guernsey (Size M, Hird may have worn a L) - $250
2004-06 Shane Crawford Player Issue (Most likely Worn) Training Guernsey - $185
2006 West Coast Eagles Heritage Round Player Issue #12 - SOLD
2013 Leigh Montagna Player Issue Guernsey (Came from St Kilda, but no GPS stitched in) - $70

View attachment 159104 View attachment 159108 View attachment 159109 View attachment 159111

Is the Jobe guernsey still available???

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood

I can't speak for crow28 but I haven't "encouraged" any particular comments. My position has never been to rule with an iron fist. People are going to have your opinions. You've handled it well. I think everyone's been respectful for the most part. I hope they sell, for your sake. :thumbsu:

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't think anyone encouraged any off topic comments. You listed a price, I (and others) commented on it. You can choose to ignore or respond.

In any event they are selling so I (and some others) were wrong. I agree with your position of listing a price, I even said as much. Not sure what the point of that was TBH.

BIFF62

Debutant
Jun 27, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
That Chick one would have been manufactured in 2003 or 2004. In 2005 Puma had a curved waist hem, and the SGIO logo went over the wing tips.

There is a lot of players wearing the 03/04 home during last round against Adelaide in 2005 including Chick though.

FXD having said this what are the differences if any between the 2003 and 2004 jumpers?

Back