Footy Live app by Sportsmate Mobile

Remove this Banner Ad

@ Sportsmate

- Some of the guernsey numbers have been messed around - especially Gold Coast; there are two 7's, 14's, 30's, 35's, 37's, 39's, 41's, 42's and 46's.

- Can you make (as a major project) an expansive football app that covers EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, and most football leagues across the globe. I know there are a few apps that already do this (have a look at "My Football Pro 3", which is my current football app), but I'd like one in the Sportsmate mould - it would easily become my #1 used app.

- Also, any chance of getting that ANZ Championship app up and running again? You released it at the start of last year, but it had very limited content and no live scores; it was taken down shortly after release. I'm getting sick and tired of the other pathetic apps that cover the netball; any news?

Just noticed that Stewart Crameri isn't listed as #12, and we've got two #45's... :p

Thanks for pointing it out. We had a few gremlins in the player number system and we think we've ironed most of them out. We'll fix this asap.

Great app but my pet hate is traditional Melbourne based teams being referred to as "St Kilda Saints" "Collingwood Magpies" etc.

Other than that, I love it.

Cheers for your feedback. What would you prefer them to be referred to?

Hi guys great app again. Love the team games syning to the calendar but can we get the whole fixture in the calender. I would find that really handy. Well done again

Thanks Steve. We discussed this function but did not include it as we did not think it would provide such a great user experience (in addition to the additional load it would place on our server).

@ Sportsmate

- Some of the guernsey numbers have been messed around - especially Gold Coast; there are two 7's, 14's, 30's, 35's, 37's, 39's, 41's, 42's and 46's.

- Can you make (as a major project) an expansive football app that covers EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, and most football leagues across the globe. I know there are a few apps that already do this (have a look at "My Football Pro 3", which is my current football app), but I'd like one in the Sportsmate mould - it would easily become my #1 used app.

- Also, any chance of getting that ANZ Championship app up and running again? You released it at the start of last year, but it had very limited content and no live scores; it was taken down shortly after release. I'm getting sick and tired of the other pathetic apps that cover the netball; any news?

1) See our response to the user above. We'll fix these asap.

2) Thanks for the suggestion. We're solely focusing on our Australian apps at the start of the football seasons to ensure they are the best that they can be before turning our attention to other projects.

3) Unfortunately we were not able to do the ANZ Championship app this season due to data being withheld from us. It's a disappointing outcome for netball fans but sadly it's out of our hands for the time being.

Love the app and have just gone from iphone to android. Can the android version also sync to the calendar?? Icannot for the life of me work out how to do it!!!!

Cheers for your feedback. What would you prefer them to be referred to?

Trading names would be a good choice, and I think you get a comprehensive list on afl.com.au's official ladder. Basically they're all just the club name like "Essendon" and "Carlton" except for

Sydney Swans
Brisbane Lions
West Coast Eagles
Geelong Cats
Western Bulldogs
Gold Coast Suns
Greater Western Sydney Giants

http://www.afl.com.au/nabcup/tabid/74/default.aspx

That'd be my suggestion, anyway.

Love the app and have just gone from iphone to android. Can the android version also sync to the calendar?? Icannot for the life of me work out how to do it!!!!

That's because it's not yet a feature of the Android version, but we've got it down as a potential addition for a future upgrade.

Trading names would be a good choice, and I think you get a comprehensive list on afl.com.au's official ladder. Basically they're all just the club name like "Essendon" and "Carlton" except for

Sydney Swans
Brisbane Lions
West Coast Eagles
Geelong Cats
Western Bulldogs
Gold Coast Suns
Greater Western Sydney Giants

http://www.afl.com.au/nabcup/tabid/74/default.aspx

That'd be my suggestion, anyway.

So you're saying that you want the teams listed above to remain the same, yet drop the nickname of traditional Melbourne clubs (such as Richmond, Carlton etc)? If that's what you're alluding to, we're quite comfortable with retaining consistency across the board. It provides for a much cleaner and constant appearance (in our humble opinion :))

Re: AFL footy live 2012 - App

Thanks for the feedback. We'll handball it across to our development team for discussion.

Cheers! There are plenty out there, so we're humbled that you think we're leading the pack. Here's to another big season/

You bet! It's 2012 and the demand for LIVE sport has never been stronger. While we can't actually stream games (unless you've got 1.25 billion behind the couch that you could spot us?) we are able to provide you with stats and scores as they happen. That's the cornerstone of what Sportsmate does.

The short answer is that we are well aware of the rapid growth of Android users and we're aiming to create identical apps on both platforms. The long answer is that since our initial builds were for iOS (with which we developed a huge following), we have had to learn Android very quickly! As you may or may not know, the complexity of Android development is somewhat higher than iOS, but we are working as quickly and efficiently as we can to appease our Android users.

And yes, you're right... the app submission process is much easier!

Cheers Millsy. Glad to hear you rank us #1!
Recently you ran a story about Luke Power being injured and unavailable to play for GWS - but the team logo you used with the story was for Port Adelaide (Power). Just pointing that out for you. Helpful as I am.

Re: AFL footy live 2012 - App

Recently you ran a story about Luke Power being injured and unavailable to play for GWS - but the team logo you used with the story was for Port Adelaide (Power). Just pointing that out for you. Helpful as I am.

The photos are automatically loaded into the articles as part of our AAP subscription, so it's not actually processed at our end. Sometimes there will be the occasional anomaly like this that's picked up by vigilant users such as yourself. Thanks :)

So you're saying that you want the teams listed above to remain the same, yet drop the nickname of traditional Melbourne clubs (such as Richmond, Carlton etc)? If that's what you're alluding to, we're quite comfortable with retaining consistency across the board. It provides for a much cleaner and constant appearance (in our humble opinion :))
But where are the North Melbourne Kangaroos, Port Adelaide Power and the full name of Greater Western Sydney Giants?

I can see why it would be much easier to do it the way you have in terms of the way it looks but it's not a consistent naming convention you have.

My only suggestion would be that you use the nickname only. Cats, Lions, Blues, Magpies etc.

But in terms of the overall app, not a big thing. Just my pet hate.

Well, it's not necessarily what I want since I don't really have a problem with it at all and am perfectly content with the app in that capacity, but it would be a more technically correct way of displaying the names.

@ Sportsmate

The only thing I'd suggest is Essential is having the EXACT same app on both platforms.

That should be your number one priority for this app.

If it were up to me, I'd get some consistency over both platforms - then start messing around with the cub names and that sort of thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

@ Sportsmate

The only thing I'd suggest is Essential is having the EXACT same app on both platforms.

That should be your number one priority for this app.

If it were up to me, I'd get some consistency over both platforms - then start messing around with the cub names and that sort of thing.

We agree in theory, but in practice it's a lot more complicated to develop for Android (something we're really trying to ramp up this season). A lot of app developers simply re-package the iOS app for Android which often results in a buggy and poor user experience. We'd prefer to take our time and create a native experience for fans - even if it does mean temporarily going without a couple of features that we hope will be in the app soon.

By the way, our AFL PULSE apps were approved last night and are now available for free download in the App Store. Simply search "Sportsmate Pulse" and download your club's version. We'd love to hear your initial thoughts!

By the way, our AFL PULSE apps were approved last night and are now available for free download in the App Store. Simply search "Sportsmate Pulse" and download your club's version. We'd love to hear your initial thoughts!

I like it already. Very interested to see how the player voting goes when the season starts. Fantastic idea.

I seem to only get an error message when trying to connect to Facebook:

NMError.png

Will they be available on Android?

Sadly not. The 'Pulse' concept was initially developed for our iOS user base and unfortunately it won't be making an appearance on the Android platform this season. We know there is a passionate (and growing) Australian Android community and it's something we'll definitely look at for next season.

I like it already. Very interested to see how the player voting goes when the season starts. Fantastic idea.

Cheers. We'll be updating Pulse questions as often as possible to obtain a broad cross section of opinions from each club. Just wait until the first coach sacking or off-field controversy to see it explode!

I seem to only get an error message when trying to connect to Facebook:

NMError.png

Thanks for posting this. We're looking at a couple of bug fixes now.

LOL, I've only just realised what the logo is on the My Team tab, it's a plane for the Essendon Bombers! I'd looked at it a few times and wondered what the hell it was, kind of looked like a bull and horns. Then I went to the Settings tab and changed the team selection, and voila, the logo for the My Team tab changed.

That is simply awesome, I love it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back