reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
Not sure if anyone else cares but I love this sort out of stuff..

Anyway I managed to get my hands on the football radio ratings for survey 4.

Considering where SEN are coming from on a weekly rating sense it is quite fascinating how close they are to AW & ABC on the only broadcast which is shared across all channels.

Secondly MMM are just dominate it is no wonder JB and Garry are so well off they just rate amazingly well consistently

image.jpg

A bit sad that I take such an interest in these but triple m have soared ahead since the first ratings poll
Thanks for this too, been looking for this all week

I reckon it's interesting, and it surprises me that not many others do. Like, pretty much all of us listen to footy on the radio, and if our favourite station or slot doesn't rate it'll be gone, therefore, it's of interest, I reckon

What do the different charts mean?

SEN seem to beat out ABC in 10-54 but then get done in the 10+ bracket

It refers to the listeners' age.

People aged over 55 make up a big part of radio listenership. Especially on the AM dial. But over-55s don't tend to spend as much money so they aren't advertiser-friendly. So the 10-54 chart is really for advertisers. And a lot of stations (like Triple M) will use it to say they have a younger, more relevant audience.

It's a big reason why ABC and 3AW lead the overall weekly ratings. They dominate the over-55s demographic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back