Footyology podcast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RohanConnolly

Senior List
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
G'day Big Footy folk,

The Round 19 Review ep of the podcast is up. We wrap up all nine games, discuss the highs and lows of the weekend and go for broke in The Rant-Off. Don't forget our competition, either! The Footyology podcast ... we know where the bodies are buried!

Hard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
RohanConnolly I wonder if it might be worth using the media watch segment to discus some of the stories circulating about individuals in the footy media, using some questionable methods to try and get a story. Ethically, some of the things doing the rounds are pretty ordinary and either they need to be called out as rubbish, or the individuals named and shamed.

No one else in the media has the courage or correct platform to do this, but surely being called out by your peers is a far more effective way of dealing with issues, than some nuffy who will just get blocked on Twitter.

RohanConnolly

Senior List
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

Hope you're still enjoying our little podcast. The Round 20 Preview edition has just gone up. This week, there's plenty of news about, we (unusually) dish out some praise in “Media Watch”, full previews of course and our weekly competition. Even finished off with a burst from my favourite Canadian music legends, Rush! And don't forget to keep an eye on the Footyology website for some serious footy analysis and NO clickbait!

Cheers,
Rohan

TheExtractorFactor

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Knicks // NY Giants
Finey's revelation that St Kilda players set the dwarf on fire because that's what they called their coach is gold. Will have lost a lot of steam now because of the time that has passed but if it came out around the same time of the event it would have been a big story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Scatt Watters has fair reason to be aggrieved with the players if they thought up the nickname "dwarf". Taking the captaincy of Nick Riewoldt is perhaps a it much. Riewoldt I think said he had a good relationship with Watters, being captain and coach of the team.

HeathComeBack

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Scatt Watters has fair reason to be aggrieved with the players if they thought up the nickname "dwarf". Taking the captaincy of Nick Riewoldt is perhaps a it much. Riewoldt I think said he had a good relationship with Watters, being captain and coach of the team.
I agree with this. Watters is the coach and should demand respect from the playing group. He may have been the wrong man for the job but it takes 2 to tango and if the players arent all in on the game plan etc then its going to be a failure from the start. This is on the players as well.

RohanConnolly

Senior List
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

The Round 20 Review edition of the pod is ready to go! Finey and I talk about the tightening up at the top of the ladder in "Wrap-A-Round", a full review of every game. "Hot Or Not" selects our highs and lows of the weekend, and in the "Rant-Off" ... well, you know how it works! Hope you enjoy it!

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
so because the players called Watters a dwarf they hired a midget to their Mad Monday session and then preceded to set fire to the midget?

Yeah their culture sounds like it was fantastic back then

HeathComeBack

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even as a Collingwood supporter i can categorically say there is no way Grundy is better than Gawn at the moment. The last time they played Gawn absolutely destroyed him and the only reason Gawn doesn't kick goals is because he is taking contested marks out the back saving them. Sorry RoCo very wrong on this one. As for Burgess being a good player... ummm .. yeah he is not and will be out of the league in 2 years

Aussie_boy

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Even as a Collingwood supporter i can categorically say there is no way Grundy is better than Gawn at the moment. The last time they played Gawn absolutely destroyed him and the only reason Gawn doesn't kick goals is because he is taking contested marks out the back saving them. Sorry RoCo very wrong on this one. As for Burgess being a good player... ummm .. yeah he is not and will be out of the league in 2 years
Agree on both counts. I was very surprised when they mentioned Burgess was any good, he’s one of the worst in the comp.

Top Bottom