Footyology podcast

Vyrone Trickery

Senior List
Apr 9, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi RoCo,

I’ve been trying to prosecute the right sort of balanced argument re Ross Lyon’s legacy and standing. Thanks for quantifying my thoughts so eloquently. You said it all, in a balanced way.

Hi guys,

The Round 23 Preview edition of the FOOTYOLOGY PODCAST is here. This week, we take a long, hard look at Ross Lyon's sacking and mass player retirements. "Media Watch" ponders whether trade talk is taking over. We preview the final round of games, and of course, give away prizes! Hope you enjoy it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RohanConnolly

Senior List
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi RoCo,

I’ve been trying to prosecute the right sort of balanced argument re Ross Lyon’s legacy and standing. Thanks for quantifying my thoughts so eloquently. You said it all, in a balanced way.
Thanks for that "Vyrone" ;), much appreciated. FYI, I wrote a column about it for Footyology website, here it is if you're interested.

Johnny Karate

Club Legend
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Really enjoy this podcast. Love my footy but it’s the only one that offers insight on the game. There’s good chemistry between the hosts and therefore no need for ‘matey’ banter as ‘entertainment’.

RohanConnolly

Senior List
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

The Round 23 Review episode is done and online now. All the usuals, "Wrap-A-Round", "Hot Or Not" and "The Rant-Off". Good song to finish, too, even if it was Finey's choice this week! ;)

Iago

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2007
Behind the Bar
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Brom,
Love the podcast. Is there one this Thursday even though there aren't any games this weekend. A wrap up of the teams years that missed the finals?

Also please pass on to Finey the Adelaide Advertiser isn't referred to as the Adelaide Addy or the Addy. Well never by anyone I've heard in all the years I've lived here. I have heard it referred to as the 'tiser though. (Don't get me started on the S. A. N. F. L over san-full). Pedant-ism over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RohanConnolly

Senior List
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi everyone,

No games this week but the podcast rolls on! This time we talk the All-Australian team, Stephen Coniglio’s re-signing and a stack of delistings. In “Media Watch”, we discuss media mischief-making and the concept of accountability. We review the seasons of all 10 clubs who didn’t make finals. PLUS .. a special guest appearance from Don Corleone! Tune in, or you’ll be sleeping with the fishes!

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi guys...
Rohan, I'm loving Ruck 'n' Roll; it's probably my favourite podcast.
Until I saw this grouse doco about Bowie, I had no idea about all the weird junk he recorded before 1970.

How about doing a best and worst of ELO? I saw American Hustle last week, which has a good soundtrack, including a couple of older ELO songs I'd never heard before, such as 10538 Overture.
I didn't know that the band had a slightly different phase in the early '70s with Roy Wood, before they got huge around 1974

Last edited:

RohanConnolly

Senior List
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

The latest episode is online now. Finey and I have run through the premiership prospects of all eight finalists in some depth, but still with plenty of time left over for some good ol' fashioned spittle-flying ranting about this cursed wasted weekend! Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Johnny Karate

Club Legend
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi folks,

The latest episode is online now. Finey and I have run through the premiership prospects of all eight finalists in some depth, but still with plenty of time left over for some good ol' fashioned spittle-flying ranting about this cursed wasted weekend! Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

I’ve enjoyed the last two episodes. A small correction though, Collingwood won the flag in 2010 and were also minor premiers. Albeit after a drawn grand final. So that’s two sides that have achieved the minor premiership-premiership double.

RohanConnolly

Senior List
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I’ve enjoyed the last two episodes. A small correction though, Collingwood won the flag in 2010 and were also minor premiers. Albeit after a drawn grand final. So that’s two sides that have achieved the minor premiership-premiership double.
Quite right, Johnny, actually just picked that up before when I was writing something. Why the hell did I say that? Anyway, cheers for the correction.

Top Bottom