Remove this Banner Ad

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Would never have guessed Finey would be a Green Velvet fan. He get's more interesting every podcast! :tearsofjoy:

The_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2005
North Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
australia
Good episode, I like the small serving of AFL and the more general stuff..

Time is flying, I was bemused that M Fine could like cutting edge dance music, but its about to be 20 years ago...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
That was pretty good listening. I liked Finey talking about commentators talking up a dead contest and what Pakistan had to do to win last week's Test. The chat about guns laws/culture in America was interesting as well.

There's a lot of good dance music I've like over the years. But because it's hard to track the artist/DJ, or type in youtube a line of the lyrics (If there is any) it kind of gets lost.

For example, CH9 played a great intro for the 09 NRL GF. The music they played of the montage and grabs from the players added to the sense of occasion. That was obviously in 2009, but it wasn't til 2016 or 17 that I found out it was Royksopp - Royksopp Forever. It done now, but it was a silent torment that I had to live with for all that time. I'm glad it's over, but there's other songs out there.

I used to work at a lot of nightclubs, and Revolver was one. But I only did a few shifts and they were on quiet nights. It reminds me of working at Q Bar close by, which it the worst nightspot I'd worked at. It was like working in the unkempt toilets of hell.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi people,

There's a new Footyology Podcast episode out today. This week, we talk re-signings and rehabs, new skippers, soccer, and that dire MCG wicket. "Life Hacks" goes in all directions, footy history, kids' language, film censorship and shopping, and "Vinyl & Video" takes a trip back to 1976, a great year for movies particularly. Hope you get something out of it, and thanks for your continued support.

Cheers,
Rohan

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
gold-coast-drafting-spray-tan-man.jpg

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
No one gives a s**t about my previous post :(

I'm very impressed that Wasim Akram legitimately barracks for St Kilda.

Regarding Finey's rant about GC concessions. It had occurred to me during Sydney's spell of success of what the players of the other good teams thought of it? It's all very well going on about cost of living or whatever justification. But on the field, that stuff doesn't matter. I have wondered if players of teams that lost to Sydney, particularly if it was a final, if they thought "It's BS that they're given extra salary cap space"?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Finey Finey Finey
you probably think the Suns had the same set up as the Giants too.

The AFL stuffed up as much as the administration of the club did.

the giants set up was done right.
suns were not. Finally righting a wrong. View attachment 791263View attachment 791264View attachment 791265View attachment 791266

Finley is just bitter because saints have been directly affected by the Suns concessions as they’ve been down the bottom of the ladder at the same time as their concessions and obviously it’s been many years since they won a premiership. If the saints had won one of the grand finals they’d played in recently there’s no way he’d have such a strong opinion.

I agree that previous administration did and bad job and stuffed up the start up of the suns. But most of those people are gone now so I don’t see why the current people should have to be stuck with the train wreck and not given another chance to get it right.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Finley is just bitter because saints have been directly affected by the Suns concessions as they’ve been down the bottom of the ladder at the same time as their concessions and obviously it’s been many years since they won a premiership. If the saints had won one of the grand finals they’d played in recently there’s no way he’d have such a strong opinion.

I agree that previous administration did and bad job and stuffed up the start up of the suns. But most of those people are gone now so I don’t see why the current people should have to be stuck with the train wreck and not given another chance to get it right.

So were Richmond. Just saying.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
So were Richmond. Just saying.
The Gold Coast Australian Rules Football Club, henceforth referred to as the Gold Coast Suns Football Club or Gold Coast Suns are the 17th competing team in the Australian Football League (AFL).

Despite making up 1/18th of all football clubs the Suns account for 100% of Richmond's Flags in the 2010s.
😃😃🙃🙃😃😃

Apr 15, 2010
cairns
AFL Club
Carlton
The Gold Coast Australian Rules Football Club, henceforth referred to as the Gold Coast Suns Football Club or Gold Coast Suns are the 17th competing team in the Australian Football League (AFL).

Despite making up 1/18th of all football clubs the Suns account for 100% of Richmond's Flags in the 2010s.
😃😃🙃🙃😃😃
Finey wearing a Suns top!
I'd donate $ to help the Footyology folk continue their "fine" product if he donned one for real. Make it happen RoCo.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1576142094804.png
    PhotoGrid_1576142094804.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74

Remove this Banner Ad

Back