TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
Hey Rohan- I have an idea for another segment in these barren footy times
You and Finey could do a deepdive into a particular football (or non-football) story from each year that you choose. It would be interesting to hear from a journo's perspective of how the story broke and your and Finey's memories of it. Maybe a bit on what journalism/newspapers/radio was like back in the day
Why did Blight let Modra go?

Apr 15, 2010
cairns
AFL Club
Carlton
Most appreciated Rohan, at least it's something to look forward to in this footyless barren wasteland. If you're taking requests I'd love to hear your thoughts on the films of 1999. There's a few absolute classics from that year. The footy wasn't bad either.
Nice try, but 1999 has been red and blacklisted owing to "that tackle".

Shlime

Rookie
Jul 31, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Plenty to talk about, plenty unknown, death ride smaller clubs to fill content - f@$” off. Plenty of us fans barrack for these teams - fill content void with something else thanks. We have enough going on! Not directed at you but I get blocked from comments and you seem half reasonable 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lemma

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2010
Fogarty St
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I always find it ridiculous when supporters say things like 'there's too many clubs in Melbourne' or 'just merge/relocate someone', then when you ask them which would they merge/relocate it's never theirs... funny that

Still I hear people say (Gerard Healy said it on Sportsday last night) that it was a great idea for North to have gone to GC back in 2007, like it's such an easy decision to forgo your whole history

RohanConnolly

Senior List
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

Obviously the lack of football has thrown the best-laid plans out the window. But we're going ahead with a weekly podcast (recorded on Monday morning) and we're continuing with the same format we used in the off-season. This week, we discuss the large ramifications for the game of this pandemic, there's "Life Hacks", the "Rant-Off", and "Vinyl & Video" revisits the pick of 1990 in music, movies, TV and, yes, footy, too. Also, apologies in advance for the circumstances in which we're operating at the moment, which mean while I'm in the studio, Finey is holed up at home. Not ideal, but hopefully still OK.

Cheers,
Rohan

MauroFogheri

Debutant
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would like a journalist's opinion on the closure of the Google News Archive. Officially it was down to royalties Google wouldn't pay or something like that; I reckon the authorities, in particular justice systems everywhere, hated it as suddenly a lot of peoples' past were able to be laid bare...I know I spent Sundays doing searches on people I knew whom I thought had left dodgy entrails...irony is all the content is still there but without a search function it is useless

RohanConnolly

Senior List
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

Hope you're all staying safe and well. The podcast continues (in albeit changed surrounds) me at home this week, Finey pushing the buttons in the studio. Not the greatest set-up admittedly, but at least we're getting something out. This week we talk the AFL's season plans, and ask is it a season actually worth having? Life Hacks goes in some interesting directions, and Vinyl & Video goes all the way back to 1967. Check it out.

Cheers,
Rohan

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory, Napoli, Liverpool, Pens
Hi folks,

Hope you're all staying safe and well. The podcast continues (in albeit changed surrounds) me at home this week, Finey pushing the buttons in the studio. Not the greatest set-up admittedly, but at least we're getting something out. This week we talk the AFL's season plans, and ask is it a season actually worth having? Life Hacks goes in some interesting directions, and Vinyl & Video goes all the way back to 1967. Check it out.

Cheers,
Rohan

Finey got it wrong! That Cool Hand Luke clip is the opening to Civil War by Guns N' Roses not November Rain!

and...

Top Bottom