Footyology podcast 2024

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

Yes, I love The Church. Have everything they've done, seen them countless times. I had "Starfish" No.3 in my Top 20 Albums Countdown and "Myrrh" at No.3 in my Top 20 Songs Countdown. Here's the clips I did for both if you're interested....

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Apologies for spamming so many Church songs last night but when you dive into the swirling seas of the The CHurch it's very easy to get swept away.

I've dug up the setlist from The Church gig I went to in San Diego back in 1999 and it featured none of their so called hits, it was one for The Church purists.

The only song they played off Starfish was the opener.

And now I'm spamming Church songs again, I can't help myself.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

The latest episode is up now. This week, we talk injuries to big names and AFL season schedules, we muse on life's big and not-so-big matters, "Vinyl & Video" goes back to 1970, and there's ranting to spare! Check it out!

Cheers,
Rohan

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
P.S. i guess Finey wouldn’t be a fan of my idea that for the grand final both teams should stay in hotels from Thursday to game day to ensure both teams at the very least do not gain an advantage over the other just because one may be a melbourne based team.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
P.S. i guess Finey wouldn’t be a fan of my idea that for the grand final both teams should stay in hotels from Thursday to game day to ensure both teams at the very least do not gain an advantage over the other just because one may be a melbourne based team.
Travelling also becomes a routine. Doing that would be a further shift than anything else. If you're going to change things, there are far more practical ways of doing it.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

We're back to two episodes per week now. This week, our preview show looks ahead to the AFL re-start, picks over the news of the week, and "Vinyl & Video" heads back to 1994.

I also have some news about the FOOTYOLOGY website I'm attaching here. Have really appreciated the support of everyone on here, I really hope you can get on board with our new website venture. I'm confident we can give you value for your subscriber dollar if you do!

Here's a link to this week's show, and also a link to our Patreon page.

Cheers,
Rohan

patreon4.JPG

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I've got both those albums too, two of my favourite albums from 1994 along with Throwing Copper, Definitely Maybe and Purple.

Another one of my favourite albums from 1994 is Hole's Live Through This, it was released a week after Kurt Cobain's death and there was speculation at the time that he wrote some of the songs on it as they sounded similar to Nirvana, especially the first single.

Superunknown is a sensational album, but so is Grace....
The biggest songs off both, Black Hole Sun and Hallelujah wouldn't make my top 5-6 tracks off their respective albums.

Grace and Last Goodbye were bigger hits than Hallelujah.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've got both those albums too, two of my favourite albums from 1994 along with Throwing Copper, Definitely Maybe and Purple.

Another one of my favourite albums from 1994 is Hole's Live Through This, it was released a week after Kurt Cobain's death and there was speculation at the time that he wrote some of the songs on it as they sounded similar to Nirvana, especially the opening single.

Grace and Last Goodbye were bigger hits than Hallelujah.

Live Through This was awesome, definitely KC undertones. The fact that they didnt follow it up with anything significant was a bit of a tell

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Live Through This was awesome, definitely KC undertones. The fact that they didnt follow it up with anything significant was a bit of a tell

Yeah their follow up album Celebrity Skin wasn't as good, it's best song was actually written by Billy Corgan.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Grace is a funny album to me. 5 or 6 absolutely top class songs and the rest practically unlistenable. Superunknown is an all time classic
Which songs are bad in your book? I can go start to finish (almost), corpus Christi Carol the exception. Lover, You Should've Come Over and Forget Her are two of my all time favourite songs.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which songs are bad in your book? I can go start to finish (almost), corpus Christi Carol the exception. Lover, You Should've Come Over and Forget Her are two of my all time favourite songs.

Grace, Last Goodbye (has had occasions where it was my favourite song of all time in the 90s but got a bit sick of it) Hallelujah Forget Her and Mama you Been on my Mind are all awesome. The rest i cant handle. I havent listened to the other songs for many years so may change my mind given I am older but am not in the mood!

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

We're now back to two episodes per week of the podcast, the REVIEW recorded on Sunday nights, and PREVIEW Thursday mornings. Here's the wrap up of Round 2, all nine games analysed in full, along with "Life Hacks" and "The Rant-Off". Also worth mentioning that our website has now linked with Patreon. There's still plenty of free stuff, but a lot more (and not just on football) which you can access for $5(US) per month. Hope you'll get on board as we attempt to grow our little operation a bit. Here's a link to our Patreon page (podcast link below) .... https://www.patreon.com/footyology?fan_landing=true

Cheers,
Rohan

Back