Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the footy talk as always. I'd rather the in season episodes ditch the non footy tak though. The life hacks section isn't really needed during the season and it felt like you rushed through the games in order to fit it in - Given that the episode went for a similar length (actually a little shorter) than a lot of 2019 review episodes, it means that less time was spent on talking footy.

Love the footy talk as always. I'd rather the in season episodes ditch the non footy tak though. The life hacks section isn't really needed during the season and it felt like you rushed through the games in order to fit it in - Given that the episode went for a similar length (actually a little shorter) than a lot of 2019 review episodes, it means that less time was spent on talking footy.

Thanks for the feedback Hard Ball Get. We decided to keep Life Hacks and Vinyl & Video given the good reception they'd had but that's not to say it's the right decision. One thing we have been told though (from a commercial point of view) was to get the running length back a bit. So it's a tough call to make, and I absolutely understand what you're saying. We might just see how we go for a few weeks, but if others here have strong thoughts on this I'm happy to hear them. Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback Hard Ball Get. We decided to keep Life Hacks and Vinyl & Video given the good reception they'd had but that's not to say it's the right decision. One thing we have been told though (from a commercial point of view) was to get the running length back a bit. So it's a tough call to make, and I absolutely understand what you're saying. We might just see how we go for a few weeks, but if others here have strong thoughts on this I'm happy to hear them. Cheers.
Cheers mate. I'm not saying it doesnt have a place out of season, but I have always tuned in for the in depth analysis of every game. It would a shame to take away from that in any way.
Keep up the great work.

Edit...
Interesting advice commercially though, given two of the bigger podcasts going generally run over 2 hours. Rogan goes for a long time and Bill Simmons is regularly talking basketball for 120 minutes.

Obviously enjoy the footy stuff, unlike a few pods they are both respectful of all clubs not just the traditional ones, but also like the Vinyl and Video.
Not the biggest fan of life hacks but understand its popular.

But the pod makes 2 of my 1 1/2 trips to work a week feel shorter.

Obviously enjoy the footy stuff, unlike a few pods they are both respectful of all clubs not just the traditional ones, but also like the Vinyl and Video.
Not the biggest fan of life hacks but understand its popular.

But the pod makes 2 of my 1 1/2 trips to work a week feel shorter.

See I'm the opposite. I like life hacks and the rant but usually skip through vinyl and video unless it's a year in the late 90s onwards.

I hope Media Watch is back tomorrow, too, and agree with above - the longer the podcast goes the better, in my opinion.

Agree with those who prefer the wall-to-wall footy content as opposed to the off season segments continuing. I like the in depth discussion of each game. Also, does this mean the end of Hot or Not? I loved that segment on a Sunday cos it would often draw my attention to an underrated performance I'd missed, and I always enjoyed it when a Richmond player was acknowledged. Just my view, obviously RoCo and Finey can do it however they like!

Hi guys,

The Round 3 preview show is up now, plenty of news off the top, full looks at all nine games, and "Vinyl & Video" this week goes back to 1987. Hope you enjoy, and if you do, please consider using the Acast "Supporter" feature where you listen, anything you can afford to tip in will help us keeping this thing not only going, but hopefully thriving!

Cheers,
Rohan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with those who prefer the wall-to-wall footy content as opposed to the off season segments continuing. I like the in depth discussion of each game. Also, does this mean the end of Hot or Not? I loved that segment on a Sunday cos it would often draw my attention to an underrated performance I'd missed, and I always enjoyed it when a Richmond player was acknowledged. Just my view, obviously RoCo and Finey can do it however they like!

Ideally I think perhaps a separate podcast with other bits and pieces in and then have the regular footy podcast twice a week. That's 3 in total though so a fair bit of work for the two.

Hi guys,

The Round 3 preview show is up now, plenty of news off the top, full looks at all nine games, and "Vinyl & Video" this week goes back to 1987. Hope you enjoy, and if you do, please consider using the Acast "Supporter" feature where you listen, anything you can afford to tip in will help us keeping this thing not only going, but hopefully thriving!

Cheers,
Rohan

I know you briefly covered some of the issues in news feed but please bring media watch back.

The best aspect of this podcast has been the lengthy full match reviews. It keeps the focus on the right side of the white line. Used to enjoy the Robert Shaw and Finey show for the same reason - football analysis. Much less interested in off field chat. Media watch was interesting last year bar unnecessary and personal nark at times. Rolling team of the year a useful tool.

I am a big fan of the reviews but previews are pointless in my opinion. I just want to know the ins and outs and dont particularly care about what anyone has tipped. Its just a guessing game most of the time and a pissing match if someone has tipped the outsider. Having said that I know i am different to most and i still listen to the preview shows.

I liked Finey's choice of tv shows from 1987, Blackadder is one of my favourite comedy shows, although I would rate Blackadder Goes Forth ahead of Blackadder the Third, then Blackadder II would be slightly behind them with The Black Adder a distant last.

This is a great doco, amazing that after the first series it was close to being canned, then they revamped it with Ben Elton coming on board and the rest is history.

See I'm the opposite. I like life hacks and the rant but usually skip through vinyl and video unless it's a year in the late 90s onwards.

I'm the opposite to your opposite, I love vinyl and video unless it's a year in the late 90s onwards, especially when it comes to music, it was better pre-2000.

I have been enjoying the thursday and friday night after the game live stream discussion that Rohan and Finey have been doing on twitter.

Latest episode:

Hi folks,
Finey was very wrong about Tom Hanks having his first main/recurring tv role on Family Ties. :D He'd previously co-starred in his own sitcom, Bosom Buddies, between 1980 and 1982! It only lasted 2 seasons (37 episodes), and is far from memorable, but still...
Also, he was only in 3 episodes of Family Ties, between 1983 and 1984, so it's no wonder you didn't remember him being on it.
And.... he had 5 other one-off tv gigs before Family Ties. :p

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back