Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

New episode is up now! We're talking AFLW, the first week of men's scratch matches, and the controversial new man on the mark rule. There's some TV-inspired "Life Hacks", the rants, and Vinyl & Video takes us back to the best music, movies, TV and footy memories of 1972. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hadn’t opened my laptop for a few weeks and was halfway through this post from an episode a few weeks ago lol...
I’m an aged Millennial (1983) and tiktok has passed me by, but as for Instagram, a picture tells a 1000 words. It’s got value. Boomers and I suppose gen X not really welcome though
tiktok, Instagram..total cancer.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
What a surprise. Another episode of Rohan begging for cash and slamming newscorp.. this pdocast is completely different to how it started. Now ive heard them talk something decent about the eagles i can unsubscribe.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
What a surprise. Another episode of Rohan begging for cash and slamming newscorp.. this pdocast is completely different to how it started. Now ive heard them talk something decent about the eagles i can unsubscribe.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mate if asking for people to subscribe to what we offer (as it's our only means of revenue) constitutes "begging for cash", there's a lot of media organisations doing exactly the same thing. Including the likes of The Age and Herald-Sun, I might add, who both freely concede now their main goal is luring subscribers. Newspapers and websites can't survive without them, especially smaller ones like ours. As for bagging News Corp, they have driven this push for Facebook money knowing full well it's only the smaller players who will suffer any fall out. So if you want to live in a country where one media organisation owns 70 per cent of outlets and is attempting to increase that percentage at the expense of others, reducing the diversity of views, fine. But plenty of people don't. Cheers.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey RohanConnolly , any chance you could list the movies from each year that you and Finey said were your top picks from each year?
i have some time on my hands and will go back and watch some I haven’t seen.
Cheers 👍

Hi Billy ray, unfortunately you're operating on the presumption we're a lot more organised than we are! Me? Perhaps I've got them all in a notebook somewhere. Finey? Absolutely no chance. o_O But I reckon if you go to the Podcast section on the website (or wherever you listen), shouldn't take too long. Actually, while I'm here, I'll give you the ones I do remember choosing ...

72 - The Godfather
06 - Little Miss Sunshine
10 - The Other Guys
68 - Planet of the Apes
04 - Downfall
99 - Two Hands
05 - Madagascar
08 - The Hurt Locker
98 - There's Something About Mary
07 - Superbad
97 - LA Confidential

How's that? Did better than I thought!

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Hi Billy ray, unfortunately you're operating on the presumption we're a lot more organised than we are! Me? Perhaps I've got them all in a notebook somewhere. Finey? Absolutely no chance. o_O But I reckon if you go to the Podcast section on the website (or wherever you listen), shouldn't take too long. Actually, while I'm here, I'll give you the ones I do remember choosing ...

72 - The Godfather
06 - Little Miss Sunshine
10 - The Other Guys
68 - Planet of the Apes
04 - Downfall
99 - Two Hands
05 - Madagascar
08 - The Hurt Locker
98 - There's Something About Mary
07 - Superbad
97 - LA Confidential

How's that? Did better than I thought!
Brilliant RoCo. Your mind is still sharp

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

There's a new FOOTYOLOGY PODCAST episode up online. This week, we pay tribute to footy calling guru Bruce McAvaney, talk fixture swaps, Andrew Krakouer and wrap up the AFLW action. There's Life Hacks, The Rant-Off, and the debut of a NEW segment just dripping with footy nostalgia. Think you might enjoy it!

Cheers,
Rohan

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
Finey with one of the most salient observations I've heard in the media. I have chopped up banana with a mix of other things as part of my breakfast but the idea of peeling and eating a banana by itself disgusts me.

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Finey with one of the most salient observations I've heard in the media. I have chopped up banana with a mix of other things as part of my breakfast but the idea of peeling and eating a banana by itself disgusts me.
Agree 100%. I'm not in Finey's camp on banana being essential to a fruit salad, though. To me fruit salad should be crunchy and crisp. If you need to balance the sourness of oranges, apples etc. then put in some strawberries, grapes etc.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

Our last pre-season episode is up NOW! And it's absolutely packed this week (nearly two hours worth). We tip our predicted AFL ladders, wrap up the practice games, AFLW, muse on life matters, take a trip to the past in "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks" and finish off with a good rant! Enjoy!

Cheers,
Rohan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hi folks,

Our last pre-season episode is up NOW! And it's absolutely packed this week (nearly two hours worth). We tip our predicted AFL ladders, wrap up the practice games, AFLW, muse on life matters, take a trip to the past in "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks" and finish off with a good rant! Enjoy!

Cheers,
Rohan

Good episode, Finey tipping the Saints to finish 3rd will create some interesting conversations during the season!

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys, (particularly TheExtractorFactor and TP86), apologies, but our producer has been away and only returned this morning. Just FYI, we're back to two eps. per week now, and we're looking to record the midweek one Wednesday mornings and the review ep Sunday nights. Unless there's unforseen circumstances, that WILL be the timetable from now on, so lock it in.

Anyway, we think (just quietly) today's ep is one of the best we've done. We're talking about the medical substitute, annoying media, we wrap up Round 7 of AFLW, "Previews With Punch" is back with a bang, and "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks" is a ripper! Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Hi guys, (particularly TheExtractorFactor and TP86), apologies, but our producer has been away and only returned this morning. Just FYI, we're back to two eps. per week now, and we're looking to record the midweek one Wednesday mornings and the review ep Sunday nights. Unless there's unforseen circumstances, that WILL be the timetable from now on, so lock it in.

Anyway, we think (just quietly) today's ep is one of the best we've done. We're talking about the medical substitute, annoying media, we wrap up Round 7 of AFLW, "Previews With Punch" is back with a bang, and "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks" is a ripper! Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

RohanConnolly - after last week's forecast of where the SUNS finish, i hope i can email later in the year and let you know that your local cakeshop has a humble pie ready for your collection

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
RohanConnolly - after last week's forecast of where the SUNS finish, i hope i can email later in the year and let you know that your local cakeshop has a humble pie ready for your collection
I think the Suns are a good shot at finals. If Rowell is able to recover from his injury he could be such a massive player for you guys, and watching Making their Mark has made me very bullish on the Suns. Reckon you're in a good spot.

I enjoyed the latest episode and what really stood out for me was in the flashback segment, and how good the commentary was in the 1982(?) Ess V Haw game compared to the farcical clown show of the 2004 GF. I'd compare the 80's game commentary to a kind of professional British version, to the 2004 variety of an American wrestling match.

After watching Rich V Carlton tonight I see nothing has changed. BT even rolled out a 'Have you ever seen anything like it' for a pretty standard play.

One could be forgiven thinking that there really aren't any commentators actually calling the play, yet instead there's someone in a box somewhere pushing a keyboard with pre-loaded phrases.. Like a FIFA game.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Back