Footyology podcast 2024

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone feeling a bit conflicted about listening to the next Footyology? Going to take North Korea levels of spin to justify what's happened on twitter tonight.
i'll listen with an open mind,hopefully the truths relayed along with the fact when all said and done Essendon werent good enuff over 4 quarters
they were better in the 1st,but couldnt capatalise especially in the first 15 mins and they broke even in the 2nd,that aint gonna cut it in finals
off to listen now :D

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi folks,

The First Week Finals episode is up now, full rundown of all four finals and a couple of tasty rants. Please enjoy.

PS. Oh, I did just see these other messages. So I'll just deal with what's here now. I make no apologies for what I tweet. It's my personal account and I say what I like on there, usually in response to a raft of anonymous cowards who aren't actually interested in a proper discussion. Like, for example, Borussia Teeth in this very thread. Right?

So anyway, early in the third quarter today, when scores were level, I did get pretty annoyed about the umpiring and tweeted as much. Not that smart, I guess, given the inevitable response. But what I got more annoyed about was people taking that tweet an hour later and pretending I'd blamed Essendon's loss on umpiring, which was absolute bull****.

Obviously life would be easier just ignoring it, but like I said, why should I? What's funniest is when people start objecting to me having a go back. To your points, TP86 and TheExtractorFactor, I don't need to justify anything to anyone on Twitter. If people don't like it, don't follow or block, pretty simple. And TheExtractorFactor, you think your business would be harmed by me exchanging insults with people on Twitter? OK, don't sponsor us then. Bit precious though, I reckon.

Anyway, as always, thanks for the feedback, and if your sensibilities are likely to be offended, I think one of us may have said "s&$%" at one point in this episode, so please be warned, and think of the children. ;)

Cheers,
Rohan

No worries mate, think the reaction to your tweets is a bit overblown tbh. At the time you were upset about the umpiring and let's be frank, most teams have had their side shafted by the umps when vs the doggies ha. Your podcast is a good listen and glad you've acknowledge the um, forthrightness in your tweets yday 😂. Like you said, the better team won and the trolls finally got some of their own medicine.

Wish a few more media pundits were a bit more open with their opinions on twitter, rather than taking the bland approach.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

The semi-final preview episode is up now. This week, we're talking Toby Greene, the new Collingwood coach Craig McRae, and Perth getting the premiership decider. There's detailed previews of both semis, and some perhaps forgotten finals classics in "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks". Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi BigFooty folk,

The preliminary finals preview ep. is up now. This week, we're talking Lachie Neale, the GF start time and Carlton's coaching capers. There's two massive, in-depth previews of both prelims, and some great old finals memories in "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks". Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

Here's our big Grand Final preview episode, (recorded mid-earthquake!), chock full of the latest news, a massive, in-depth look at all aspects of the big game, and a couple of terrific great Grand Final memories in "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks"! Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

The Grand Final Review episode is up online now. We discuss the significance of Melbourne's triumph, the Demons' & Bulldogs' longer-term future, break down the big game quarter by quarter, and get into some Grand Final-worthy "Rants". One not to be missed. Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Rohan

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Hi guys,

The Grand Final Review episode is up online now. We discuss the significance of Melbourne's triumph, the Demons' & Bulldogs' longer-term future, break down the big game quarter by quarter, and get into some Grand Final-worthy "Rants". One not to be missed. Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Rohan

Thanks for the show all season RohanConnolly and to Finey too
👍👍👍
Hope enough people are contributing to feed your starving children. Need your analysis pre and post games as you sure as hell cant get it anywhere else!

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Not on Apple Podcasts anymore Roco?

Goday Bend_It_Like_Brown, not for the first time, we're having major issues with Apple. The episode is there (I know because it's in my feed) but if you search for it nothing comes up, and the show has for some reason totally disappeared from their "Aussie Rules" section. We're chasing it up, but it's bloody annoying.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
No more Apple Podcasts Rohan? I totally forget to check acast.

We've had major issues with Apple the last two weeks. Seems like someone there managed to accidentally archive the usual podcast channel during our two weeks off, and create a new one. So the past two shows ARE there, but don't think subscribers have been seeing them unless they search. We're filthy about it and have literally spent two weeks emailing Apple (you can't actually SPEAK to anyone) and getting told about a dozen different supposed "fixes", none of which have worked. Anyway, still an issue, we're hoping it will be resolved ASAP, but we ARE definitely on there, and will be recording again on Thursday morning.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

Apple Podcasts appear to have finally fixed our issues! And there's a new episode! This week, we're talking players and jabs, floating fixtures, & more AFL media self-indulgence. A favourite segment in "Vinyl & Video" is BACK! And there's a couple of great "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks"! Hope you enjoy it!

Harry O

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Whatever happened to Rohan Connolly?

I remember when he was a star of The Age and 3AW.

Now he”s been sacked by Hutchy and posting on Big Footy. How the mighty have fallen.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Whatever happened to Rohan Connolly?

I remember when he was a star of The Age and 3AW.

Now he”s been sacked by Hutchy and posting on Big Footy. How the mighty have fallen.

Probably shouldn't even bother responding to what is a very transparent attempt to troll, but what the hell....

1. Wasn't sacked by Hutchy mate, I left SEN because there were more opportunities for regular work with Macquarie Sports and 3AW.
2. Should people in the media not post on footy forums? This thread (which has been going for five years or so) is simply to alert people when a new episode of the Footyology podcast goes up. Call me silly, but I think one of the great things about forums, social media etc. is giving people more direct access to media, and I love the interaction with our audience. You can see it as a sign of a "fall" if you like, but I think our listeners like being able to communicate directly with us on here.

Cheers,
Rohan

Back