Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

yep Robert will bring a different angle than Finey which is FINE by me..ex AFL player/ coach & capable district and state cricketer
his knowledge and fondness for pop culture may not match Marks' but his serious CV when it comes to participating at the highest levels of Cricket & AFL will be an asset

Disappointing that Finey will no longer be a part of the podcast, always enjoyed his quirky take on things and his thoughts on St Kilda from a Saints supporter's point of view. The podcast won't be the same without him but I'm looking forward to seeing what Robert Shaw brings to the table.

Hi BigFooty,

The first podcast of Footyology's new era is up now! This week, in the lead-up to Round 1, Robert Shaw and I preview the prospects of each of the 18 AFL clubs, the ins, outs, injuries, strengths, weaknesses, and where they're likely to finish. There's a few surprises on the prediction front, too. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Well we got the twitter meltdown replicated! Nothing if not predictable.

Hi TP86. Listen troll all you like, I couldn't care less, but could you please at least not lie in order to do so? The fact is the Round 1 review episode of the podcast was only published well after 11pm, a good three hours after you posted this, so you'd heard literally nothing. As for Twitter, not sure I even posted a single thing about the game. Incidentally, I invite anyone to listen to Shawry and I review the Geelong-Essendon game and see if you can find any issues with it. Personally, I reckon it was a pretty decent analysis of BOTH side's performances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some thoughts on the new duo:
  • Shawry seems like a fantastic bloke, is well researched and cares about the podcast and is giving his all to it which is good.
  • He get a lot of players names wrong
  • Seems much more regimented and less humorous without Finey.
  • Would like more topics discussed other than just 90% previews/reviews (which are still good)
  • Rohan seems to get annoyed with Shawry talking too much/interrupting at times but won’t call him out like he did Finey lol
Anyway will be interested to see how it evolves in the coming weeks/months, will still tune in.

Hi guys,

Shawry's having a well-earned week off, so it's Footyology's own Ronny Lerner jumping in the passenger seat temporarily to help steer the ship. We're talking AFLW's big night and its big grand final, the sad story of Cyril Rioli, and there's forensic previews of all nine games in Round 4. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back