Footyology podcast 2024

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi everyone,

Just posting latest ep. of our Footyology podcast, recorded this morning (Thurs. 2nd August). This week, Finey and I discuss the moral and logistical dilemmas of Sam Mitchell’s desire to return to Victoria. We ask whether Fremantle’s alleged rebuild is actually going anywhere. “Media Watch” talks about former players doing special comments and “the code”, plus we relive some of footy commentary’s great “bloopers”. And of course we preview every game in a big Round 20. Hope you like it, and if you want to give us some feedback (for which we're always grateful) please leave a review at either iTunes or Whooshkaa.

Cheers,
Rohan

https://www.footyology.com.au/footyology-podcast-returns-rebuilds-the-comments-code/

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

Have noticed few comments on here about lack of the Sunday night post-game programming. That's a void we're attempting to fill with Footyology TV, which Finey and I do live every Sunday night at 7.30pm on Facebook.

We try to strike a balance between serious analysis and a bit of fun. We don't have footage rights (as much as we'd love to show it) and as you can see the production values are let's say a little limited, but hopefully you can get something out of the content.

Was a big show tonight as we discussed the ramifications of the Gaff incident, talked about top eight scenarios, as well as our usual segments, the "Wrap-A-Round", a review of each of the nine games, "Hot Or Not" and the slightly unhinged "Rant-Off".

Important to add, too, that we're trying to incorporate more questions and comments from viewers on the Facebook page, so the more the merrier.

Hope you enjoy this week's episode, and any feedback welcome.

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi everyone,

Just posting latest ep of Footyology TV, shot live at 7.30pm Sunday night (12/8) on Facebook. Full wrap of Round 21, Hot or Not, the Rant-Off and viewer questions and comments. Also available as a podcast on iTunes or Whooshkaa.

Cheers,
Rohan

nick1408

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2010
Why?
AFL Club
Richmond
G'day Rohan. I litened to the round 20 podcast for my first taste of the Footyology podcast (I'd seen the channel31 show before). Really good. I look forward to hearing the round 21 edition today

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

Here's the latest Footyology TV, featuring a full wrap-up of all nine games in Round 22 as Melbourne clinches a finals spot for the first time in 12 years. Plenty of viewer input as Finey and I assess the chances of the top eight, award our "Hot Or Not" and yell and scream a lot in the "Rant-Off". If you want to catch us live, we're on every Sunday evening at 7.30pm on Facebook, and our audio-only podcast is published on Thursday mornings around 11am. Also available on iTunes and Whooshkaa. And for on-going coverage of the AFL season, news, previews, match reports and analysis, head to www.footyology.com.au

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
it was the end music to the Thursday podcast.
the lyrics go "might like you better if you slept together..."

Thank you.

"But there's something in your eyes that says never."
"Never Say Never."

thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Boston Red Sox
Roco are you guys doing show tomorrow night despite the pre finals bye ?

Would be great if you were !

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
I'm guessing they'll do a show on Wednesday/Thursday arvo as a preview to the finals as there was no need to do one over the weekend.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

Just popping into to let you know the latest Footyology TV is up, with a full review of the first four finals in "Wrap-A-Round", the highs and lows in "Hot Or Not" and god-knows-what in the "Rant-Off", as well as plenty of Q&A. We're live on Facebook every Sunday night at 7.30pm if you're interested.

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

Epic grand final, hey? In our last FOOTYOLOGY TV of season 2018, Finey and I take the big game apart quarter by quarter, plus all the usual segments, "Hot Or Not", the "Rant-Off" and viewer questions. Thanks for the support anyone here who tuned in at all during the season, and if you missed it, or haven't caught up with the show yet, you can check it out here.

Cheers,
Rohan

Sep 29, 2008
Between the lines.
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi folks,

Epic grand final, hey? In our last FOOTYOLOGY TV of season 2018, Finey and I take the big game apart quarter by quarter, plus all the usual segments, "Hot Or Not", the "Rant-Off" and viewer questions. Thanks for the support anyone here who tuned in at all during the season, and if you missed it, or haven't caught up with the show yet, you can check it out here.

Cheers,
Rohan

Love the pod and your work on twitter is underrated.

Never stop posting and firing up.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi folks,

Cheers,
Rohan

Great final episode, I really enjoyed it!

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi folks,

Cheers,
Rohan

Good listen cheers RoCo

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Started the season with about 8 different Footy podcasts downloaded (maybe only 5, who knows), by the end of the season I was sick of them and their pure BS. Apart from Footyology, managed to listen to every episode I believe. Appreciate your work.

And being from Adelaide I found Finey's story about the bumper stickers and the Melbourne supporter bloody funny for some reason.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't have any other social media to connect with Rohan. But as a rusted on SEN listener, with the footy season now finished, that one of the hours I'll miss is the Sunday 12-1pm of footy talk with Rohan and Kevin Hillier. They'd done it for a few years and it was always good listening. Considering it's in off-season, it actually didn't feel out of place.

Back