Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon Caro's disappointed mother demeanour is part of why she's unpopular. For all the time she's spent in footy, she doesn't fit in.

I liked Finey's jibe about Carlton player's supposed motivation to keep losing "Hey, we could get Clarko next year..."

RE: 3AW Saturday night pre-footy talk.

If you're going to talk about 1994 and not mention Ayrton Senna's death, you're not fair dinkum. It's not a motor racing thing, the guy probably had a bigger funeral than Princess Di.

edit: I also like the soccer talk.

Last edited:

AlcoaCat

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Perth Cardinals
Return trip to Andrew's Burgers last night. The gentleman behind the grill said that advertising on Footyology had been more successful for them than paying for spots on 3AW. Something to do with Footyology listeners not liking smashed avo. They love you both down there.

Finey, take note: the Andrew's guy thinks you're on shaky ground when you take a dig at Rohan's girth.

Keep up the good work. The asides make the show; I really love the digressions on music, politics and &*%$^*^ soccer. It really is must-listen radio.

BTW, keep up the commentary on Wagstaff. The man is rapidly becoming a cult figure.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
I'm glad Finey brought up the topic of Eleni Glouftsis on the latest podcast and agree that she isn't up to AFL standard and should be dropped.

She had a shocker in the St Kilda v West Coast game but I doubt she'll be dropped as being politically correct is more important than being competent.

Only started listening to this podcast this year, it's a better wrap up of the games than you get on any of the tv footy shows and the asides just add to it.:thumbsu:

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Mark Fine spruiking of Andrew's Hamburgers has been one of the most effective advertising campaigns I've experienced; so much so that I felt driven to go down there after work one night last week to have dinner there.

At Andrew's they have a wide array of photos of (presumably) the proprietor posing with mainly footy celebrities. After all the business they've provided them Fine & Connolly deserve a portrait of their own up there!

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
RoCo and Finey have a simple formula which focuses mostly on dissecting the game, less focus on the tiresome “issue of the week” crap. Who played well and why and who didn’t. Good stuff.

I think the secret of this has come up in recent episodes where they both say how they find complaining about umpiring and/or tribunal decisions a bore. Those topics take up copious amounts of time on places like SEN and AFL360 and I just find them completely uninteresting; it's just tedious moaning about areas that fans are never happy about (and therefore an easy talkback option for SEN) and - as Fine & Connolly have said - people can never pinpoint a time in the past when they were happy with umpires or whoever was in charge of match sanctions.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Having just got on board the bandwagon, I like it because it's a taste of better part of pre-Huchty SEN.

This hamburger joint is a bit out of the way for me, but I have it in mind. Whenever I'm in the area next, I intend to go in.

It's more than a bit out of the way if you live in Perth like me, maybe they should look at setting up a franchise here, I'd give it a crack.

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
In previewing the Tigers/Hawks game, Finey references the 'lazy football media' who last week didn’t watch the game and just looked at the stats and rattled off the well known Hawthorn players when mentioning the best performers against GWS. He points to Kaiden Brand as one of lesser known players who acquitted himself well, but ironically Brand was dropped and didn't play in the game.

Rohan if you're reading, please bring this up and take the p155 out of him. God knows he does it enough to you!

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
In previewing the Tigers/Hawks game, Finey references the 'lazy football media' who last week didn’t watch the game and just looked at the stats and rattled off the well known Hawthorn players when mentioning the best performers against GWS. He points to Kaiden Brand as one of lesser known players who acquitted himself well, but ironically Brand was dropped and didn't play in the game.

Rohan if you're reading, please bring this up and takes the p155 out of him. God knows he does it enough to you!

Haha.

He also explained to listeners who might not know what "jumping the shark" refers to but then proceeded to say that it was about the Fonz going over a shark-infested swimming pool on his motorbike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
1557985268658.png

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Finey should at least be happy with this news.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/glouftsis-the-latest-umpire-to-be-dropped-20190515-p51nr8.html

Eleni Glouftsis has become the latest field umpire to be dropped by the AFL in the wake of poor performances.

The Age understands Glouftsis will umpire in the VFL this week, following a string of poor decisions, including two crucial errors in the St Kilda versus West Coast clash last Saturday night, which resulted in two goals to the Eagles.

Hitch Hiker

Rookie
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Absolutely love the podcast guys and can't wait to have a burger!

Only criticism I can add is the constant hurry up Roco gives Finey. Just let it flow!
Feels like I'm back in primary school witj the teacher cracking the whip and it really distracts from the conversation...
Then 30 seconds after the hurry up, Roco will go on his own tangent about south park or an obscure band.

Just a minor criticism in an otherwise great podcast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back