Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Very smart observations by Fine on the lack of post-match coverage on radio of TV of matches on any aspect of the round. The lack of even an attempt at that from Fox Footy is one of the reasons why that network has gone downhill significantly imo.

Re: the Dwayne Russell 'The Winners' show, I don't think it was really like the old 1980s/90s Sat night replay shows we saw on Channel 7. Those shows were basically showing an extended 20 minute segment of a match whereas Russell's show was basically showing a highlights package of the goals interspersed with the occasional big mark or incident; it's basically what the AFL does on its YouTube channel now.

Also, with regards to Bomber Thompson and how he could've easily had a media career, well he did do that for a season post-Essendon at 3AW. He was pretty awkward from what I heard and I recall Caroline Wilson saying afterwards that he was unreliable even in that format. I just don't think he was a natural fit for that sort of career.

Very smart observations by Fine on the lack of post-match coverage on radio of TV of matches on any aspect of the round. The lack of even an attempt at that from Fox Footy is one of the reasons why that network has gone downhill significantly imo.

Sunday night is shocking when they cut straight to the bounce and you don't even get a post match for the late Sunday game. 7 cut straight to the news after the 3.20pm game. Sunday night is the black hole for footy discussion.

Sunday night is shocking when they cut straight to the bounce and you don't even get a post match for the late Sunday game. 7 cut straight to the news after the 3.20pm game. Sunday night is the black hole for footy discussion.

Ch 7 at least have the excuse they're a FTA network and utilise the footy timeslot for their big ticket item of the 6pm news.

Fox Footy is 24/7 footy and should be perfectly placed for substantial indepth analysis of each and every match and yet they barely have any of it. It is such a waste of what it could be.

Bloke who wrote in sounded like a knob tbh

His email did give rise to an excellent discussion, I thought. But his criticism of Rohan referencing crappy US TV shows? Since I've been listening Rohan's referenced Seinfeld, South Park, Arrested Development, and maybe The Trailer Park Boys. All brilliant programs. Guess there's just no accounting for taste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And seriously. Without being too critical on people.... Who the hell watches the Bounce?

It is truly appalling stuff.

Like after you have gone to the bottom of the barrel, then you look underneath the barrel in the hope something leaked out.

Criticised him a lot - mainly last year - over his lack of impact on games. Perhaps the criticism is driven because he expects so much of him?

Yeah true. I wasnt as an avid a listener last season, but I do recall that.

I think he turned the corner at some stage and started talking Hipwood up. Has been more positive about him this season I think.

Possibly a road to Damascus moment and he went from doubtful to believer in big Eric.

Don't really get why Rohan seems so bothered by Alan Richardson being under pressure.

This is his 6th season as coach - when was the last time a coach in VFL/AFL history has survived so long without a finals appearance? All but one of their wins have been against the bottom four and three of those by a kick.

Don't really get why Rohan seems so bothered by Alan Richardson being under pressure.

This is his 6th season as coach - when was the last time a coach in VFL/AFL history has survived so long without a finals appearance? All but one of their wins have been against the bottom four and three of those by a kick.

So annoying, people keep saying he has done a good job this year but that's only because expectations are so low after a couple of years of underperforming especially in 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back