Footyology podcast 2024

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Have started listening the last 3 rounds

Enjoy most of it , and thats ok. I dont have to agree with it all but its a good chat about football. The recall is amazing at times. I mean I can remember moments but not rounds or quarters.

Enjoyed the analysis on the AFC. I think there are deeper issues hiding bigger problems at Adelaide. Too many hangers on. Too many in sinecures to rock the boat. Dont get me wrong the people there want the best but I dont think they are willing to choose the harder path to get there.

Finey has mentioned Brisbane playing with a freedom of thought. I think that is a symptom of a coach recognising there are too many instructions to the players that they are filled with anxiety so they also choose the easiest option rather than the best. Thats more a pointer to lower scores

Like Rohan I am also a grumpy old man ;) and I long for the days of a contested mark all down the ground.

Keep up the good work , and if you think up another topic to rap about

Yeah just dont

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
I could at a stretch understand Fine going for a major upset like the GC winning but after the chairman was publicly begging for priority picks & are in tank mindset there was literally zero chance they were going to win. A silly call.

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
I could at a stretch understand Fine going for a major upset like the GC winning but after the chairman was publicly begging for priority picks & are in tank mindset there was literally zero chance they were going to win. A silly call.

Maybe it was their brilliant head to head record against the crows that swayed him.

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 11.26.43 pm.png

May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Great show getting better all the time.
Got a suggestion, Rohan:
Why not introduce an email listener question (or three) of the week? I’m sure many footy fans would love to pick your’s and Finey’s brains for an honest opinion on media, state of game etc.
It would also increase sense of audience being part of the show, without having to endure nuffy callers like on certain talkback stations.
Best questioner could get an Andrew’s Burger or maybe a new extension on their home.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Great idea, or perhaps doing a segment looking back at a particular match from years gone by which they sort of did on their C31 show.

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I reckon the podcast could go throughout the offseason and include talk of other sports.

I was just thinking that the other day. They don't even have to talk sport all pod, can just be general issues and topics in life and because it's not daily there should be more than enough to discuss.

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hate to nitpick but Finey does this more often than is acceptable; mentioned GWS were too top heavy against Richmond with Cameron, Himmelberg and Finlayson up forward. Finlayson didn't play, he was dropped. He has great footy knowledge and I love the way he talks about the game but to do this more than a few times is unprofessional.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Roco/ Finey
Can one of you guys confirm with the AFL whether extra time in the grand final (or any extra time in any final) has the normal time on/time off provisions?

Gil was on Whately earlier this week and they both said there is no time on/off and as such when it gets to 5min mark of second period of ET players would know its now golden point (if scores were level).
This seems odd to me.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys, Here's the Round 18 preview edition FYI. We discuss the departure of Alan Richardson as St Kilda coach and the latest musings of AFL football operations manager Steven Hocking on the state of the game and more potential rule changes.

“Media Watch” looks at the difference between newspaper football coverage online and in print, and we explain “vanilla radio” and why you’re hearing a lot more of it.

We preview all nine games, go off on the usual tangents and give YOU a chance to win some prizes in our weekly competition. The Footyology podcast … covering all your football dietary requirements!

Back