Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys,

Hope you're still enjoying our little podcast. The Round 20 Preview edition has just gone up. This week, there's plenty of news about, we (unusually) dish out some praise in “Media Watch”, full previews of course and our weekly competition. Even finished off with a burst from my favourite Canadian music legends, Rush! And don't forget to keep an eye on the Footyology website for some serious footy analysis and NO clickbait!

Cheers,
Rohan

Finey's revelation that St Kilda players set the dwarf on fire because that's what they called their coach is gold. Will have lost a lot of steam now because of the time that has passed but if it came out around the same time of the event it would have been a big story.

Finey's revelation that St Kilda players set the dwarf on fire because that's what they called their coach is gold. Will have lost a lot of steam now because of the time that has passed but if it came out around the same time of the event it would have been a big story.
I thought that was common knowledge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Scatt Watters has fair reason to be aggrieved with the players if they thought up the nickname "dwarf". Taking the captaincy of Nick Riewoldt is perhaps a it much. Riewoldt I think said he had a good relationship with Watters, being captain and coach of the team.
I agree with this. Watters is the coach and should demand respect from the playing group. He may have been the wrong man for the job but it takes 2 to tango and if the players arent all in on the game plan etc then its going to be a failure from the start. This is on the players as well.

Hi folks,

The Round 20 Review edition of the pod is ready to go! Finey and I talk about the tightening up at the top of the ladder in "Wrap-A-Round", a full review of every game. "Hot Or Not" selects our highs and lows of the weekend, and in the "Rant-Off" ... well, you know how it works! Hope you enjoy it!

so because the players called Watters a dwarf they hired a midget to their Mad Monday session and then preceded to set fire to the midget?

Yeah their culture sounds like it was fantastic back then

Even as a Collingwood supporter i can categorically say there is no way Grundy is better than Gawn at the moment. The last time they played Gawn absolutely destroyed him and the only reason Gawn doesn't kick goals is because he is taking contested marks out the back saving them. Sorry RoCo very wrong on this one. As for Burgess being a good player... ummm .. yeah he is not and will be out of the league in 2 years

Even as a Collingwood supporter i can categorically say there is no way Grundy is better than Gawn at the moment. The last time they played Gawn absolutely destroyed him and the only reason Gawn doesn't kick goals is because he is taking contested marks out the back saving them. Sorry RoCo very wrong on this one. As for Burgess being a good player... ummm .. yeah he is not and will be out of the league in 2 years

Agree on both counts. I was very surprised when they mentioned Burgess was any good, he’s one of the worst in the comp.

Hi guys,

Thought I'd post this piece by Finey on the Footyology website about things we'll never see in footy again. I reckon it's one of his best efforts, a cracking good read. Hope you enjoy it...

Hi guys,

Latest episode of the podcast is up. This week, Finey and I talk Blake Caracella's move home, the absence of Alex Rance from Richmond's flag tilt and the status of Joe Daniher. "Media Watch" discusses women in AFL commentary and anonymous internet trolls, with specific reference to another thread on this site. And, of course, the usual previews & prizes.

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi guys,

Latest episode of the podcast is up. This week, Finey and I talk Blake Caracella's move home, the absence of Alex Rance from Richmond's flag tilt and the status of Joe Daniher. "Media Watch" discusses women in AFL commentary and anonymous internet trolls, with specific reference to another thread on this site. And, of course, the usual previews & prizes.

Cheers,
Rohan

Great Episode, loved the Media watch segment. spot on. You got to wonder if Finey can take offence imagine the players who cop 10 times the abuse and lies. its so toxic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back