Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Rohan and Finey this evening on West Coast

8R0L.gif
InnocentCoarseAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif

Love the podcast. Is there one this Thursday even though there aren't any games this weekend. A wrap up of the teams years that missed the finals?

Also please pass on to Finey the Adelaide Advertiser isn't referred to as the Adelaide Addy or the Addy. Well never by anyone I've heard in all the years I've lived here. I have heard it referred to as the 'tiser though. (Don't get me started on the S. A. N. F. L over san-full). Pedant-ism over.

Hi everyone,

No games this week but the podcast rolls on! This time we talk the All-Australian team, Stephen Coniglio’s re-signing and a stack of delistings. In “Media Watch”, we discuss media mischief-making and the concept of accountability. We review the seasons of all 10 clubs who didn’t make finals. PLUS .. a special guest appearance from Don Corleone! Tune in, or you’ll be sleeping with the fishes!

Hi guys...
Rohan, I'm loving Ruck 'n' Roll; it's probably my favourite podcast.
Until I saw this grouse doco about Bowie, I had no idea about all the weird junk he recorded before 1970.

How about doing a best and worst of ELO? I saw American Hustle last week, which has a good soundtrack, including a couple of older ELO songs I'd never heard before, such as 10538 Overture.
I didn't know that the band had a slightly different phase in the early '70s with Roy Wood, before they got huge around 1974

Last edited:
What the hell is a Nicks Bartel? :D Does Finey say it right? Is it a person of a company, or both? If it's a person, why does he a pluralised christian name? Ha

I think it’s Nick Spartels. Took me about 15 weeks to work it out too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi folks,

The latest episode is online now. Finey and I have run through the premiership prospects of all eight finalists in some depth, but still with plenty of time left over for some good ol' fashioned spittle-flying ranting about this cursed wasted weekend! Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi folks,

The latest episode is online now. Finey and I have run through the premiership prospects of all eight finalists in some depth, but still with plenty of time left over for some good ol' fashioned spittle-flying ranting about this cursed wasted weekend! Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

I’ve enjoyed the last two episodes. A small correction though, Collingwood won the flag in 2010 and were also minor premiers. Albeit after a drawn grand final. So that’s two sides that have achieved the minor premiership-premiership double.

I’ve enjoyed the last two episodes. A small correction though, Collingwood won the flag in 2010 and were also minor premiers. Albeit after a drawn grand final. So that’s two sides that have achieved the minor premiership-premiership double.

Quite right, Johnny, actually just picked that up before when I was writing something. Why the hell did I say that? Anyway, cheers for the correction.

Hi BigFooty folk,

Our finals preview edition is up and it's a bumper (and long) show! We talk Taylor Walker and Crows’ captaincy plus a raft of trade speculation. “Media Watch” discusses the latest addition to the game’s expanding archive of quality documentaries, plus cracking the statistical code. There’s full previews of all four finals, and a new competition to have a crack at. Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Thought the discussion on On The Couch was very interesting as the alienating way they use stats was probably why I disliked it when I watched it a few weeks ago.

Fine's comments on SBS soccer coverage in the Les Murray era was pretty interesting.

Re: the actor on On The Buses whose life ended tragically, I think they were referring to the wrong one as it was the actor who played Stan's friend Jack (Bob Grant) whose life was a dismal and sad one after the show ended.

Great episode guys. You've hit your straps. I was surprised the other day to find out that someone I know who dresses like Jim Kerr C 1982 and studies Latin in his spare time (a true original) is as big a fan as I am. That's broad spectrum appeal. Keep going with the digressions -- the ruminations about 'On the Buses' and the like add a lot of charm, and actually add to the footy analysis. The game has changed radically, just like society, and I love the way you explore the linkages. No one else does that.

Actually, what a year it has been. Highlights: 1) Finey's attempt at rap. Where in this day and age do you hear anything like that? In the finest traditions of Australian auto-piss-taking. More, you bald beast. 2) The Roco rants. Always authentic, well-structured and funny. The wounded note that occasionally creeps in has me in stitches. 3) Damn you for this, but the Andrew's Hamburgers promos. I've just sent my son off to Albert Park from Balaclava in the rain because of you lot. 4) The smarts. In the end, I keep coming back for the analysis and the love of the game. You can't fake that.

Thanks for all the hard work this year. It means a lot to many. Some of the best radio going around.

And well done Roco for asking the obvious question at Scott's presser. Honestly, one of the dumbest, most arrogant decisions I've ever seen. I hope you go full rant.

And well done Roco for asking the obvious question at Scott's presser. Honestly, one of the dumbest, most arrogant decisions I've ever seen. I hope you go full rant.
Connolly was at the post-match presser? I'm sure he said recently he hadn't been to one in years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back