Footyology podcast 2024

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

Our Week 2 finals review episode is up. Finey and I do a full analysis of each of the two semi-finals, plus plenty of discussion of the Cameron, Hawkins and Greene incidents. There's the highs and lows in "Hot Or Not", and a couple of heartfelt rants. And, somehow, also a discussion about alternative club theme songs! Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Count me in. :p:thumbsu: I know they both played a lot of club cricket

We actually haven't thought that far ahead to be honest! But not averse to the idea. Slight complication is I'm going away for a few weeks the week after the GF. But I'll have a chat to Finey about it and see what we can come up with.

Enjoyed the latest podcast as per usual and I appreciate your independent review of the games. The loss for the Lions is still raw and I can only image how the club and staff feels. Was also happy to hear that Finey mentioned the NEAFL team as an undefeated season is an achievement.

As for club songs, there is plenty of copies for the Bears first song "Dare to beat the Bear" used from 1987 but did you know that the club and AFL has no official recording "Brisbane Bear will live forever" used in 1996? The only version on youtube is after the 1996 finals win!

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi Bigfooty folk,

This week on the Footyology Podcast, we talk about the Toby Greene suspension and managed outcomes, plus the Essendon coaching handover. “Media Watch” discusses the football media’s night of nights at the AFMA Awards dinner and runs through all the winners. There’s extensive previews of the two big preliminary finals, and plenty of interesting little tangents besides! Oh, and I'm putting a hit on the kid who broke my nose at school back in 1980. It’s the Footyology podcast … giving what you want AND what you need! Hope you enjoy it.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Hi rohan
The chat about the the various final systems is always interesting having witnessed them all over the years.

The best system most people agree is final 5 but no way the AFL is going back to 6 finals games over 4 weeks.

It is possible however to have a final 6 with 9 games over 5 weeks that i think the AFL should look at.
Essentially after the first week where one team gets knocked out you are back to a final 5 system.
Anyway i can post more details if interested.

Another good podcast so far, half way through it

Aug 20, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi Bigfooty folk,

This week on the Footyology Podcast, we talk about the Toby Greene suspension and managed outcomes, plus the Essendon coaching handover. “Media Watch” discusses the football media’s night of nights at the AFMA Awards dinner and runs through all the winners. There’s extensive previews of the two big preliminary finals, and plenty of interesting little tangents besides! Oh, and I'm putting a hit on the kid who broke my nose at school back in 1980. It’s the Footyology podcast … giving what you want AND what you need! Hope you enjoy it.

Absolutely love Footyology, my favourite footy podcast!

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
For someone who cannot (easily) get to Andrew’s hamburgers, can someone post a picture of a burger when they go? Ive seen the online ones but want a photo from a punter.
I am very jealous i have been hearing about them all season and cannot have one as i am 1725km away (or 18 hour drive). 🍔

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Roco asking Chris Scott a question in the after game presser wearing a Mark of Cain shirt.

Not a bad band but they were a poor man's V Spy V Spy imo.

The Spies were the Aussie version of The Clash.

Chris Scott might be tearing it down after tonight, Geelong could be in for some hard times.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Roco asking Chris Scott a question in the after game presser wearing a Mark of Cain shirt.

Not a bad band but they were a poor man's V Spy V Spy imo.

The Spies were the Aussie version of The Clash.

Chris Scott might be tearing it down after tonight, Geelong could be in for some hard times.

Jesus, horrible take. Spy vs Spy was a very very very poor mans Midnight Oil!

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Decided to try it out!

Back