Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Registered User, I've been committed to an ESPN podcast which unfortunately is recorded at the same time.
Have enjoyed what you have added to that pod. Apart from the stats by Jolly, I had found it a bit of a battle.

As an aside, if you ever get to talk about hit outs to advantage, I'd loveto hear how they are judged, after Luke Beveridge raised the question regarding Tim English a week or so ago.

If the GF can't be played in Victoria, then it's best if it were played in either WA or SA. Even in the scenario of Brisbane/West Coast match up where Brisbane finishes higher on the ladder and the GF is played in Perth.

I think I get the point Malcom Blight was making in SEN. You can't muck around that much with footy history and its roots. If the GF were to be held outside Victoria, it'll be a blotted history for the game were held in either NSW or QLD before Perth and Adelaide. It'll confirm that he AFL is cheap. For them to host a GF, NSW/QLD are going to have to earn it. It can't be handed to them.

Not just that, but Perth and Adelaide would be more valid to host a GF than even Docklands.

If the GF can't be played in Victoria, then it's best if it were played in either WA or SA. Even in the scenario of Brisbane/West Coast match up where Brisbane finishes higher on the ladder and the GF is played in Perth.

I think I get the point Malcom Blight was making in SEN. You can't muck around that much with footy history and its roots. If the GF were to be held outside Victoria, it'll be a blotted history for the game were held in either NSW or QLD before Perth and Adelaide. It'll confirm that he AFL is cheap. For them to host a GF, NSW/QLD are going to have to earn it. It can't be handed to them.

Not just that, but Perth and Adelaide would be more valid to host a GF than even Docklands.

Except the football states in SA and WA have done nothing to help the AFL competition in 2020.

Was disappointed that Muse’s Origin of Symmetry didn’t even get a mention in the albums of 2001, but I acknowledge that Roco and Finey both have particular tastes, and usually within certain genres...and it’s their show afterall.

also of note the lack of discussion about The De Goey news, but I’m gonna guess that unlike Sam, they’re smarter and will stay away from murky unknowns. Which would be smart at this stage.

Tool's Lateralus was the best album from 2001 imo, Roco obviously isn't a Tool fan as he pronounced Lateralus wrong but at least he acknowledged it.

Another great album from 2001 that didn't get a mention, Turin Brakes The Optimist, it was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize and should have won it.

Tool's Lateralus was the best album from 2001 imo, Roco obviously isn't a Tool fan as he pronounced Lateralus wrong but at least he acknowledged it.

Another great album from 2001 that didn't get a mention, Turin Brakes The Optimist, it was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize and should have won it.

My personal top 3 from that year would be Is This It, Origin of Symmetry and Amnesiac.

My personal top 3 from that year would be Is This It, Origin of Symmetry and Amnesiac.

Amnesiac is the only album out of that lot I bought back then, I was a big Radiohead fan and I thought Amnesiac was better than Kid A as it featured guitars.

I didn't rate Muse or The Strokes enough at the time to buy their albums but I eventually warmed to The Strokes and bought First Impressions of Earth.

I never warmed to Muse though, they left me cold.

Origin of Symmetry is the first and only of Muses ive gone out of my way to buy,same can be said of Turin Brakes the "Optimist"
Later that year Silverchair were releasing songs from theyre up n coming release for early 2002 "Diorama'

Except the football states in SA and WA have done nothing to help the AFL competition in 2020.
tenor.gif

Hi guys,

The Round 6 review episode is up online, a breakdown of every game over the weekend, some detours from sport in "Life Hacks", and the serious and the flippant in The Rant-Off. Another shout-out to our loyal listeners on here, too. If you want to head to the Patreon Footyology page and become an official Footyology patron, that would be just dandy. ;)

Cheers,
Rohan

You do both realise that those series you both passionately endorse are nothing but Occultist,Masonic,Luceferian worshipping tripe ?
in fact everything on netflix,amazon,satan,sorry my bad,stan is freemasonic occultic satanic ritual worshipping drivel...EVERYTHING

EDIT : im in a sharing mood today,
so ppl may not be aware ,thats the devil's tail on the amazon logo,from the 2nd A -Z
not a smile as theyd like you think :smile:
The serpents satanic tongue on the NASA logo,yep thats right ,occultic
NASA in hebrew means = to deceive
Covid in hebrew = sheep

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys,

The Round 6 preview episode is up. This week, we talk the Victorian exodus, those who chose not to go, the suspension of the VFL sesason and pay tribute to Mark Naley. There's full previews of all nine games, and "Vinyl & Video" heads back to 2001.

Cheers,
Rohan

Its very odd but I am finding the recent podcasts difficult to locate on the website?

Its very odd but I am finding the recent podcasts difficult to locate on the website?

Hi Will,

The main box at top of the website is a slider, so contains the four most recent things published, the image you can see is most recent, but if you click arrows at side of it you should see the other three, could that be how your missing it? But have checked and they've all been published. If you're still having issues you can let me know here or shoot an email to info@footyology.com.au and I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi guys,

The Round 7 preview edition is up. This week, we discuss the whirlwind AFL schedule, the bump, and a great read from Russell Jackson on the technical deficiencies of TV coverage of the game. There's full game previews, plus "Vinyl & Video" goes back to 1973. "Are you ready, Steve?" ;)

Cheers,
Rohan

The Great Roco: Is there any chance that Footyology Final Siren could be converted into a podcast so if you miss it you can listen to it again? I have been loving the Footyology content but keep forgetting to tune into Final Siren.

That's a pretty good idea, wouldn't be too hard I think, will have a chat to our producer about it. Also, are you aware the live stream is available afterwards as a replay on either Twitter or Periscope? In fact, I think some weeks more people end up watching on replay than live. Depends how you consume your podcasts, obviously, but would have thought you could just find the stream replay on my Twitter feed, hit play and just listen like it was a podcast, the added bonus then that you don't have to look at our ugly heads!

That's a pretty good idea, wouldn't be too hard I think, will have a chat to our producer about it. Also, are you aware the live stream is available afterwards as a replay on either Twitter or Periscope? In fact, I think some weeks more people end up watching on replay than live. Depends how you consume your podcasts, obviously, but would have thought you could just find the stream replay on my Twitter feed, hit play and just listen like it was a podcast, the added bonus then that you don't have to look at our ugly heads!

I tried it on Twitter for the Saints vs Blues match but it wouldn't load properly. I'll give periscope a crack. I am consuming my podcasts on Podcast app on my phone. Thanks for getting back to me and keep up the fantastic work!

Hi guys,

The Round 7 review (well 8/9ths of it) is up now. We break down the eight games to date, including that cracker between Port & Carlton, muse on all matters in "Life Hacks" and release our pent-up angst in "The Rant-Off".

Cheers,
Rohan

Last edited:
RohanConnolly, loved the attack on News Corp!
Newscorp gave me a free 12 month subscription about 6 years ago and still hasn't taken it away so that's why i read their crap. It boggles the mind that people can believe their hypocrisy. Also I used to listen to Rita Panahi years ago and cannot believe she has sold her soul to the devil and writes that crap. They must be paying her a fortune

Hi guys,

The Round 8 preview episode is up. This week, we have a good discussion about the change in interpretation of holding the ball and the various ramifications, and of course we discuss how we're all going to get through the upcoming 20-day footy marathon! There's previews of all nine games, and "Vinyl & Video" goes back to 2003, with some comedy gems on the menu. Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Won't listen to this while Rohan pollutes twitter with his lefty commo dribble No wonder mainstream media left him behind. When he calls Neil Mitchell out I will have respect that he doesn't pick and choose his targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back